Windows 10: Trouble installing Windows 10 on Bootcamp

Discus and support Trouble installing Windows 10 on Bootcamp in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running OS 10.5.3 Catalina beta on my iMac late 2014 model. At the time of writing this, the version of Mac OS I am running is the most up-to-date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by smkralik, Jan 26, 2020.

1. smkralik Win User

Trouble installing Windows 10 on Bootcamp

I am running OS 10.5.3 Catalina beta on my iMac late 2014 model. At the time of writing this, the version of Mac OS I am running is the most up-to-date I can get. The main drive is 1TB of flash storage. I am attempting to allocate 250 GB to Windows.

I purchased Windows OS 10 from Amazon as a download. The online receipt led directly to a product key shown on Amazon's website, and the link Amazon provided led to Microsoft.com directly for downloading the OS. Although I doubt the download of Win10 or the product key I purchased is bad, I mention it so people who read this thread will know where I got my copy of Windows.

I begin by opening the Bootcamp application on Mac OS. I allowed it to format a 64GB USB flash drive as the Windows ISO and support software drive. It partitions the main drive, then reboots and runs the Windows 10 setup. I enter the product key seemingly with success, then it gets the window where a partition should be selected. I select the Bootcamp partition, but it then says:

"We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files."

I end the setup and it reboots to Mac OS. I then delete the Bootcamp partition, and try again... Nothing.

I once again remove the Bootcamp partition, shut down, perform a PRAM reset and allow it to boot, try again, and still nothing.

I just encountered a method that recommends pulling up the Command Prompt during install see the attached links. My worry with that is the video tutorials don't mention being able to select a partition, but rather an entire drive. I do not want to lose my install and files on Mac OS, so I am unsure how to proceed.

While I wait for responses, I will try again with another PRAM reset, then I'll try pulling up Command Prompt during install and see if it will let me select a single partition.

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=o4ilMAAk1Q8&feature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgQ-KP0Zh8U

:)

smkralik, Jan 26, 2020

2. Bootcamp Drivers install, windows 7

Alright I am still having an issue with installing Bootcamp.

First I solved the "boot camp x64 is unsupported"

1. Right click computer
    2. Select manage
    3. Select Local Users and Groups
    4. Select Users Folder
    5. Double click administrator
    6. Uncheck Account is disabled
    7. Apply
    8. Log off, then log on as Admin.

Now I have a new Issue with getting the following message during Boot Camp install

"A system restart is pending. Complete the restart and then retry this installation."

Solution : http://pc-mac-linux.blogspot.com/2008/11/restart-pending-with-bootcamp-drivers.html

My only problem is after I follow the steps in that solution, which involve :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager and delete or rename the PendingFileRenameOperations

In Regedit I go to that specific address and this value date is always coming back into the PendingFileNameOperations registery file:

Value Data: \??\C:\Windows\NV37603704.TMP\nvsvc.ini

Everytime I start bootcamp I have to install a nvidia driver off the start, usually there are always restarts with nvidia drivers, could this be why it always says there is a pending restart?

If i could figure out why that Value data keeps coming back, i can fix it and finally install the bootcamp drivers.

Thanks guys

Edit: I have confirmed that it must be the bootcamp installation itself that is causing the Value data, I have deleted the value in the reg file, restarted, checked the registery, no PendingFileNameOperations, then i tried installing Bootcamp64 again, Nvidia installed a driver, then it went back to boot camp, then The restart is pending message came back. So I checked the registery again, and the Value data is back. How do I fix this when bootcamp itself is causing it?

Noobcomputermaker, Jan 26, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Trouble installing Windows 10 on Bootcamp - Similar Threads - Trouble installing Bootcamp

2. Trouble Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Installing Windows 10: I’m trying to install windows 10 onto an ssd, but it’s not showing up when it asks which drive to install to. Also, bringing up a command prompt places me in X:\Sources, and using diskpart then list disk shows my drive Disc 0, Online. I have no other drives connected to my...
  3. Trouble Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble Installing Windows 10: I’m trying to install windows 10 onto an ssd, but it’s not showing up when it asks which drive to install to. Also, bringing up a command prompt places me in X:\Sources, and using diskpart then list disk shows my drive Disc 0, Online. I have no other drives connected to my...
  4. Trouble Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Activating Windows 10 after installing bootcamp

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 after installing bootcamp: I've installed bootcamp for Macbook Air if you are not familiar it's a program that allows Macbook users to go onto Windows made by Apple, but it now says I need an activation code, when I have none. What should I do?...
  6. Unable to install Windows 10 with Bootcamp

Unable to install Windows 10 with Bootcamp: I get stuck when trying to chose ISO when trying to install Windows 10 with bootcamp. When I try using the USB-memory where I stored the downloaded Windows 10 license, I get the error message that I need an ISO-file with a 64-bit Windows 10. I can´t find any file with the...
  7. Installing windows 10 Education with MacOS Bootcamp

Installing windows 10 Education with MacOS Bootcamp: I am trying to reinstall windows 10 education edition using bootcamp on my mac after having deleted the windows partition. It was running release 1809. I am running MacOS El Capitan which is presenting some problems with the windows 10 ISO 2004 that is currently available....
  8. Windows 10 install trouble

Windows 10 install trouble: So I recently ran into sone troubke after installing AMDs chipset drivers and my pc would no longer boot without blue screening. So i took the liberty of trying to reinstall Windows but a new problem occurred. During the install when it reatarts i get an error that pops up...
  9. Win 10 home installation with bootcamp

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 home installation with bootcamp: I bought windows 10 home online recently at Microsoft official website to be installed in a MacBook Pro with bootcamp. After getting the Windows installed and product key typed in got an error message saying that was not possible to validate the product key. Requiring to...
  10. Windows 10 on bootcamp

Windows 10 on bootcamp: I have recently installed a newly bought version of Windows 10 pro onto my Macbook Pro using bootcamp. Everything is working fine and I am very impressed with the speed of the system, however looking at disk cleanup it says I have an old windows file containing 16 gb, my...