Windows 10: Trouble installing Windows 10 Pro on a 256gb ssd

Discus and support Trouble installing Windows 10 Pro on a 256gb ssd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried at least 5 times to load Windows 10 Pro on a ssd without any luck. I then tried loading it on a 500 gb sata hdd, without any luck. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KeithThornton, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Trouble installing Windows 10 Pro on a 256gb ssd

I have tried at least 5 times to load Windows 10 Pro on a ssd without any luck. I then tried loading it on a 500 gb sata hdd, without any luck. It always get about 80 -95% done and stops. I had to junk the old hard drive because it died, so I went out and bought new hard drives. I have bought them to fix this computer so I can give it to my 3 grandsons, so they will not have to use mine. Any help would be appreciated on getting it installed.

Also,, does anyone know how to find out all of the product keys I have purchased over the years? I have purchased so many but I cannot find all of the old versions (ie windows 8 or windows 7).

Thanks,

Keith

:)

KeithThornton, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

Is my SSD killing Windows? [UPDATE: fixed]

I have the Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD and windows 10. No issues. I just did a clean install too. Maybe its your board or cable

Jetster, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Trouble installing Windows 10 Pro on a 256gb ssd

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Trouble installing Windows 10 Pro on a 256gb ssd

1. Trouble installing Windows 10 Pro on a 256gb ssd - Similar Threads - Trouble installing Pro

2. trouble ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trouble ssd: Hello i have trouble with my SSDmy SSD after formating cannot read in device manager and in cmd, there is no volume with that disk and no information about that SSD, but in device manager storage there is the information about SSD is plug, but there is no volume, how can i do...
  3. Troubles installing windows onto ssd nvme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Troubles installing windows onto ssd nvme: I’m having toruble trying to install windows 10 on my 980 pro nvme. Iv got a b550m mortar motherboard. After installing windows on the 980 only drive in the system, removing the usb, and restarting. It fails to load windows and instead insta boots bios. I believe my problem...
  4. I'm having trouble installing Windows 10 on my SSD

I'm having trouble installing Windows 10 on my SSD: I tried to upgrade from an HDD to an SSD but couldnt install Windows 10 on it. I connected the cables, set the SATA mode to AHCI, set the boot order to Flash drive first and the installation started. But then, when I had to choose a hard drive to install Windows on it, the...
  5. Fresh Win 10 Pro Build 2004 Install on New HDD 500GB and New SSD 256GB - gets glitched...

Fresh Win 10 Pro Build 2004 Install on New HDD 500GB and New SSD 256GB - gets glitched...: Hi, my first ever post. Recently had a few issue with the current windows on my old 500GB hard drive. Drive is quite old 2008, had windows installed and I upgraded it over the years and now has been giving me issues. Drive scan with HD sentinel tells me it has 25 days left...
  6. Trouble installing Windows to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble installing Windows to SSD: So, I have a 512GB SSD and a 2TB HDD. I am trying to install Windows using a bootable drive, but when I choose either of the drives and hit next (both of which are completely unallocated), I receive an error telling me that a new partition couldn’t be created nor could an...
  7. trouble installing windows 10 pro

trouble installing windows 10 pro: Hello everyone, im using genuine windows 10 home and for some reason i want to upgrade to windows 10 pro so i bought windows 10 pro at Microsoft store then after my purchased i hit the install button, after i hit it its says try again. i cant upgrade to windows 10 pro. please...
  8. considerable trouble with a clean install of Windows Pro

considerable trouble with a clean install of Windows Pro: I updated to W10 Professional onto a new Samsung 1TB EVO SDD. I am having chronic hang ups. unable to update to the latest 1809 patch great difficulty loading my browsers. what is bringing out the inner baboon is I am unable to go to safe mode with my sign in credentials, the...
  9. Upgrade SSD drive from 128Gb to 256Gb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade SSD drive from 128Gb to 256Gb: I have Windows 10 Home upgraded DEC 2018. This is a HP Omen 17" Laptop I inserted the memory chip into the gum stick slot. Upon turning On, verified that the Bios has seen the change and saved. Now, after, many pains, have restored Windows 10 (via HP Usb boot disk)....
  10. Trouble installing windows 10 to SSD

Trouble installing windows 10 to SSD: I'm running into trouble while upgrading my PC. I've purchased and installed these products today: Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H Crucial DDR4 Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 2400 CL16 Intel Core i5 6400 Scythe Mugen 4 Samsung 850 EVO 500GB I installed them, booted up and everything worked...