Windows 10: Trouble installing windows 10 to SSD

Discus and support Trouble installing windows 10 to SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm running into trouble while upgrading my PC. I've purchased and installed these products today: Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H Crucial DDR4 Ballistix Sport... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by erikjanneman, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Trouble installing windows 10 to SSD

I'm running into trouble while upgrading my PC.
    I've purchased and installed these products today: Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H Crucial DDR4 Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 2400 CL16 Intel Core i5 6400 Scythe Mugen 4 Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
    I installed them, booted up and everything worked fine. I was working from a clean windows 10 install (last summer I upgraded from win7, then did a clean install). Because I wanted the windows 10 install on my SSD, I used the same disc I used before, went on to install and I get this message (translated from dutch):
    Can't install windows on this disk. The hardware might not support booting up from this disk. Make sure the disk controller is turned on in the BIOS menu.
    When I click more info I get this (also translated): We can't make a new system partition of find an excisting system partition. Read the log files from Setup for more information.
    I've googled this and looked through some guides on installing Windows 10 on a SSD.
    I've used shift+f10 to open command prompt. With the diskpart commands I've cleaned, converted to MRB and back to RTP, I've reformatted to NTFS. At some point when the SSD was just unlocated space, I pressed 'new' and it made the 4 partitions that it should with a RTP system. I selected primary and installed windows. The installation finishes without a problem, the system reboots and then I get a black screen with the message 'reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key'. After reinstalling windows once more and retrying many times I've also encountered a blue screen with a header: "Recovery" Your PC/Device needs to be recovered. Can not launch the OS because a needed file is missing or corrupted. File: \Windows\System32\winload.efi Errorcode: 0xc0000225.
    I've googled both messages and the error code. I can not find a solution. I'm really hoping somebody can give me a hand. I've tried reinstalling windows to my normal HDD. I get the same problems now. No idea why. I ended up getting an old HDD from a mediaplayer, installed windows on that, and there's no problem (so it's not the install files).
    If anybody has any idea's I would love to hear them. I'm all out...

:)

erikjanneman, Dec 19, 2015
  2. aaguila10 Win User

Upgrading to windows 10 when I have my user folder in a different HDD?

Hello,

I have my main windows installation in an SSD, because of it's size I have the users are in another HDD.

Will this cause trouble while upgrading to windows 10?

Thanks

aaguila10, Dec 19, 2015
  3. Windows Update on Windows 10 stopped working

Dear Microsoft Community,

after my Windows 10 Home Installation Windows worked perfectly fine. After 2 days though, my Windows Update stopped working completely. I cannot download anything from the Windows/ Microsoft Store either. I really want Windows Update to
    work again because I need it for essential updates and for example .Net Framework 3.5 to use older programs/ games. Generally I always get the same error message: Error 0x80040155. This error affects every single update. I tried to live without
    Windows Update but I am starting to realize that it should work. My PC is a custom built, if that affects anything.

My question for you is now what I could possibly do to get my Windows Update working again. I already tried several steps mentioned on the internet

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756,

Windows 10 Windows Update Error 0x80080008 - TeckLyfe,

Windows Update Error 0x8024a206 and 0x80080008

but none of those has helped, not even the Command Prompt application. I do not
    wish to reinstall Windows because I have a lot of data on it already. Thank you for your helpTrouble installing windows 10 to SSD ;)

Windows 10 Trouble, Dec 19, 2015
Thema:

Trouble installing windows 10 to SSD

1. Trouble installing windows 10 to SSD - Similar Threads - Trouble installing SSD

2. Trouble Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Installing Windows 10: I’m trying to install windows 10 onto an ssd, but it’s not showing up when it asks which drive to install to. Also, bringing up a command prompt places me in X:\Sources, and using diskpart then list disk shows my drive Disc 0, Online. I have no other drives connected to my...
  3. Trouble Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble Installing Windows 10: I’m trying to install windows 10 onto an ssd, but it’s not showing up when it asks which drive to install to. Also, bringing up a command prompt places me in X:\Sources, and using diskpart then list disk shows my drive Disc 0, Online. I have no other drives connected to my...
  4. trouble ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trouble ssd: Hello i have trouble with my SSDmy SSD after formating cannot read in device manager and in cmd, there is no volume with that disk and no information about that SSD, but in device manager storage there is the information about SSD is plug, but there is no volume, how can i do...
  5. Troubles installing windows onto ssd nvme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Troubles installing windows onto ssd nvme: I’m having toruble trying to install windows 10 on my 980 pro nvme. Iv got a b550m mortar motherboard. After installing windows on the 980 only drive in the system, removing the usb, and restarting. It fails to load windows and instead insta boots bios. I believe my problem...
  6. I'm having trouble installing Windows 10 on my SSD

I'm having trouble installing Windows 10 on my SSD: I tried to upgrade from an HDD to an SSD but couldnt install Windows 10 on it. I connected the cables, set the SATA mode to AHCI, set the boot order to Flash drive first and the installation started. But then, when I had to choose a hard drive to install Windows on it, the...
  7. Windows 10 install trouble

Windows 10 install trouble: So I recently ran into sone troubke after installing AMDs chipset drivers and my pc would no longer boot without blue screening. So i took the liberty of trying to reinstall Windows but a new problem occurred. During the install when it reatarts i get an error that pops up...
  8. Trouble installing Windows to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble installing Windows to SSD: So, I have a 512GB SSD and a 2TB HDD. I am trying to install Windows using a bootable drive, but when I choose either of the drives and hit next (both of which are completely unallocated), I receive an error telling me that a new partition couldn’t be created nor could an...
  9. I'm having trouble installing to a new ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having trouble installing to a new ssd: As the title says I've been trying to install to a new ssd that I got. I'm using the windows 10 media installation and I can't get past any sort of boot process for it. I have tried changing my settings in my bios to boot from UEFI but it's just getting stuck at the Asus...
  10. Trouble installing Windows 10 Pro on a 256gb ssd

Trouble installing Windows 10 Pro on a 256gb ssd: I have tried at least 5 times to load Windows 10 Pro on a ssd without any luck. I then tried loading it on a 500 gb sata hdd, without any luck. It always get about 80 -95% done and stops. I had to junk the old hard drive because it died, so I went out and bought new hard...