Windows 10: Trouble Installing Windows on New System from the Windows 10 USB Stick

Discus and support Trouble Installing Windows on New System from the Windows 10 USB Stick in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just finished my new system, and was excited to get it up and running. It turns on, everything works, UEFI works, except my Windows USB. That... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by holidayonion, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Trouble Installing Windows on New System from the Windows 10 USB Stick

I just finished my new system, and was excited to get it up and running. It turns on, everything works, UEFI works, except my Windows USB. That doesn't. I was able to boot from the USB at first to try an install on my SSD. I waiting for "loading files," only to be greeted by an error message telling me that winload.exe was missing and that I needed to boot from my install media to and launch the windows repair tool. This is where the issue really begins. Even though I have the USB set as the first in the boot sequence, all it does is give a message to reboot and insert the media. Obviously, media is inserted because that's what I booted from.

After trying this numerous times, my Windows USB stick all of a sudden no longer works. If it is plugged into my computer, It gets locked up. I rebooted and pressed f2/del to get to UEFI/BIOS, except nothing happened. I waited for a while and nothing happened. After I unplugged the USB, UEFI loaded right up with no issue. To further test, I put the USB into the port again AFTER UEFI loaded and immediately my entire system was locked up until I removed the USB. I'm at a loss. I just spent $140 on this OS only to have the stick I was given be completely faulty.

Prior to the lockup, I tried every combination of Fast Boot/CSM settings. Nothing worked. I'm curious if other people have had a similar issue, if there is a fix, or if I'm s**t out of the luck. So angry I'm not able to use my brand new rig because of this issue. My buddy's new build installed windows off his USB just fine with no errors, however, he lives about an hour away so I can't try his USB. I'm currently trying to set up my own stick with the Media Creation Tool to see if I can get THAT to work. I'll update this thread if I can get it to work. In the meantime, any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

holidayonion, Jul 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 20, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 20, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Trouble Installing Windows on New System from the Windows 10 USB Stick

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Trouble Installing Windows on New System from the Windows 10 USB Stick

1. Trouble Installing Windows on New System from the Windows 10 USB Stick - Similar Threads - Trouble Installing System

2. Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick: The install gets to 96% of installation then I get an error message. The error says that windows cannot install the required files. Make sure all files that are required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025DI’ve formatted the 1TB...
  3. Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to clean install windows 10 from usb stick: The install gets to 96% of installation then I get an error message. The error says that windows cannot install the required files. Make sure all files that are required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025DI’ve formatted the 1TB...
  4. Cannot install windows 10 22h2 from USB stick.

Cannot install windows 10 22h2 from USB stick.: Hello,I have a HP EliteDesk 800 G1, I have format the SSD hard drive, but when I try to install windows 10 22H2 from Memory stick get the following message up on the screen.Can someone tell me how to fix this issue, please see photo attached.Thanks...
  5. Cannot install windows 10 22h2 from USB stick.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install windows 10 22h2 from USB stick.: Hello,I have a HP EliteDesk 800 G1, I have format the SSD hard drive, but when I try to install windows 10 22H2 from Memory stick get the following message up on the screen.Can someone tell me how to fix this issue, please see photo attached.Thanks...
  6. Trouble booting Windows 10 system from USB installation disc

Trouble booting Windows 10 system from USB installation disc: I got stuck at PC manufacturers logo while booting from USB disc.I wanted to use a Windows 10 installation disc to repair my system since it got stuck at Preparing for "Automatic repair" and a blank screen after that.I created an installation disc and verified it by booting...
  7. Problems installing Windows 10 from USB stick.

Problems installing Windows 10 from USB stick.: Hello. I have built a desktop computer, and I am trying to install windows 10 on an M2 disk. I still have my system disk from the previous desktop, but as that is an HDD, I want to get rid of it to reduce ambient noise from the computer. I have created a windows 10...
  8. system froze while installing windows from a usb stick image

system froze while installing windows from a usb stick image: I made an image of my brand new Windows10 one language version to a usb stick in order to change the language to english. I was oriented by another consultant to download the Microsoft media creation tool from the microsoft webpage and change the language while doing the...
  9. Remove Windows 10 Installation Media from a USB Stick

Remove Windows 10 Installation Media from a USB Stick: Hi, I used the media creation tool to create the Windows 10 installation media onto a USB flash drive. I no longer need the installation media on the USB but I am unable to delete the files on the stick. I've tried to format the USB drive but it tells me that it is read...
  10. Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick

Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick: Hi, So, I can't find anything online about this, and I hope someone here can help! I'm building my own PC from scratch, and I want to install Windows 10 Pro, I bought the key and everything seemed OK. When I installed the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft...