Windows 10: Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive

Discus and support Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to install Windows from scratch using a bootable USB to a completely new M2-disk. Everything works as it is supposed to until the part in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Haavander, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Haavander Win User

Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive

I am trying to install Windows from scratch using a bootable USB to a completely new M2-disk. Everything works as it is supposed to until the part in the installation where it restarts the computer to continue. After restarting it just boots the USB-drive again. I can still see the NVMe in bios and prioritize it, but it still won't boot.Tried to Clone my old hard drive to the new aswell but the 2 of them weren't compatible. What could possibly solve this? It feels like it should work...

:)

Haavander, Oct 7, 2022

2. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Oct 7, 2022
  3. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

Thanks. This helped but only partly.

NVMe disk is now listed in choose-disk step but installer says that its unable to install WIndows on this disk because it has MBR partition. Windows can only be installed on GPT disks in EFI systems.

What should i do now ?

WojciechCe, Oct 7, 2022
  4. Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive

1. Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive - Similar Threads - Trouble installing NVMe

2. Windows 11 install process not recognizing NVMe drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 install process not recognizing NVMe drive: Dear Support team,I have installed a new computer with a Samsung 980PRO Nvme drive. The drive is recognized in the UEFI bios.When I launch the Window11 installer there is no driver available to continue installation. In the Command Linewindow I have set the Nvme drive with...
  3. Windows 11 install process not recognizing NVMe drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 install process not recognizing NVMe drive: Dear Support team,I have installed a new computer with a Samsung 980PRO Nvme drive. The drive is recognized in the UEFI bios.When I launch the Window11 installer there is no driver available to continue installation. In the Command Linewindow I have set the Nvme drive with...
  4. NVMe drive not recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 it is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVMe drive not recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 it is: im trying to make a clean install on my Acer Nitro notebook but i cant get it to work.hardware:Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58-77VYi7-12700H 2x PCIe Gen4x4 slots and 1x satai have 1x stock 512GB gen4x4ssd and just bought 2x Lexar NM790 4 TB ssd's witch all work fine in windows 11!i...
  5. NVMe drive not recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 it is

NVMe drive not recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 it is: im trying to make a clean install on my Acer Nitro notebook but i cant get it to work.hardware:Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58-77VYi7-12700H 2x PCIe Gen4x4 slots and 1x satai have 1x stock 512GB gen4x4ssd and just bought 2x Lexar NM790 4 TB ssd's witch all work fine in windows 11!i...
  6. Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive

Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive: I am trying to install Windows from scratch using a bootable USB to a completely new M2-disk. Everything works as it is supposed to until the part in the installation where it restarts the computer to continue. After restarting it just boots the USB-drive again. I can still...
  7. Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive: I am trying to install Windows from scratch using a bootable USB to a completely new M2-disk. Everything works as it is supposed to until the part in the installation where it restarts the computer to continue. After restarting it just boots the USB-drive again. I can still...
  8. Windows lost NVME Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows lost NVME Drive: Windows was showing the drive. It was in use, then I shut the machine down for the day. Started machine up, drive did not show in Windows. Rebooted, checked and drive shows in UEFI, but not in windows....
  9. Troubles installing windows onto ssd nvme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Troubles installing windows onto ssd nvme: I’m having toruble trying to install windows 10 on my 980 pro nvme. Iv got a b550m mortar motherboard. After installing windows on the 980 only drive in the system, removing the usb, and restarting. It fails to load windows and instead insta boots bios. I believe my problem...
  10. Issue installing windows on nvme drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue installing windows on nvme drive: submitted by /u/sessinnek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/km8hlz/issue_installing_windows_on_nvme_drive/