Windows 10: Trouble Loading Websites on 2 Laptops

Discus and support Trouble Loading Websites on 2 Laptops in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Has anyone been having issues with loading websites on Windows 10 lately, or does this sound like a problem with my internet service provider? The... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jesse Williams, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Trouble Loading Websites on 2 Laptops

Has anyone been having issues with loading websites on Windows 10 lately, or does this sound like a problem with my internet service provider? The Desktop PC works fine and it is connected wirelessly. The 2 Laptops are also connected wirelessly and they are having issues loading websites and apps as well as updating apps through the store. In other words, the internet connections just seem too slow on them. We have a 20M connection speed with CenturyLink. They are even slow to download and install updates.

The affected computers are my Toshiba Satellite C55-B5299 (My Dell hasn't got here yet, but it is on it's way) and my sister's Acer Aspire 5749z.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks! *Smile

:)

Jesse Williams, Feb 25, 2017
  2. AndreePin Win User

Trouble loading websites and downloading email...or anything!

Hi Nancy,

Since you mentioned that you've bought a new modem, the trouble with loading from internet could be one of the reasons behind it. What we can suggest is for you to update your computer's modem. Kindly follow the steps on how to update a driver
    here. You can also refer to this article

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Feel free to post back should you have further concern.

AndreePin, Feb 25, 2017
  3. Trouble loading websites and downloading email...or anything!

I have an Acer desktop pc with Windows 10, ethernet connection. I've been having problems with loading websites and downloading email - or anything! I just get the 'working' circle. The trouble was also on my wireless tablet and phone and was told my
    modem was shot.

Yesterday I changed my Internet package and got a new modem with it. I hooked it up, but still can't load anything that requires Internet on my pc. The wireless devises work ok now. Everything says I'm connected, but when I click on the Internet icon
    in the lower tray, it says airplane mode. I can't turn it off and no tech has been able to help. I'm lost and so are all the tech people with both my ISP and Microsoft. I would appreciate any help, thanks.

NancyMaddock, Feb 25, 2017
  4. Trouble Loading Websites on 2 Laptops

Also, sometimes the webpages that I try to access cannot to be reached says Microsoft Edge.

5. Even when I open Edge, it will not load to the home page.

6. Hi Jesse.

First thing I would do is shut off router, wait and power up. Given this unit belongs to provider they may even be able to do a remote reset to clear any potential hicups. They can also run a connectivity test to unit and confirm signals are okay.

Then to check up on Internet Service provider, I would test overall speed. If you go to speedtest.net you can test service. Watch what you click on, lots of stuff you don't want like making computer faster. Just the speed test. Use your wired computer. Maybe even use another browser like Firefox.

Next on laptops, resting in their normal places of usage, right click on network in systray and Open Network and sharing. In the view active networks section left click once on wireless connection. It should open a window where you can see speed of connection.

This free tool will allow you to visualize your networks and see other networks around you. Could be another network, with a strong signal, operating on same channel. This will cause interference.

inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 Download - TechSpot

If nothing shows through these routes I would clear all cached browsing content like history, cookies, temp files etc. Make sure everyone knows sites passwords and is okay losing history.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 26, 2017
  7. I have power cycled the modem/router ever since this has been happening. It will clear up the problem for a little while, but eventually it comes right back. Even by disconnecting the Wi-Fi on the Laptops clears up the problem for a little while, but eventually the problem comes right back. It happens in the mornings usually. It gets better after that.

Jesse Williams, Feb 26, 2017
  8. Trouble Loading Websites on 2 Laptops

Well with the steps I gave you on wired device you can track their speed performance.

Most services are always quoted with words like "up to". That said if you are only getting 25% of what you are paying for, and I don't know your actual number and use that only as an example, then you have solid ground to stand on when you say I want a rebate.

Myself, I would follow up on resetting modem / router such that the firmware is reloaded or reset. If you are renting box one of the benefits is supposed to be that you can say here, this one is suspect and I have the numbers to prove it.

Be interested to see what speeds you are getting from provider and from wireless connections. Would also be interesting to see if you have a neighbour that cycles their modem / router on when needed and this interferes with yours.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 26, 2017
  9. Well, mine has been doing fine lately. I can't answer for that for my sister's because I haven't really messed with hers or asked her about hers lately. It may have just been a problem with the server. I don't know. Time will tell later on.

Jesse Williams, Feb 27, 2017
  10. Cool. I'd still track my supplier for a while just in case they aren't keeping their network as robust as they should. Hope this clears for you. Post back if it should start again.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Trouble Loading Websites on 2 Laptops

1. Trouble Loading Websites on 2 Laptops - Similar Threads - Trouble Loading Websites

2. Website not loading in WVD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Website not loading in WVD.: I have a website that employees on Windows 10 in WVD need to access, and it comes up 403 forbidden, yet users on a PC have no issue accessing it, so I need to know how to allow this in Windows Virtual Desktop, as it is obviously something in the settings in Azure that are...
  3. trouble with some websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trouble with some websites: I am having trouble getting some websites to work correctly. This happens using the following browsers; Edge, Firefox and Chrome. It is acting like a firewall is stepping on the request, however I don't have a firewall installed. I have even disable my Avast antivirus to test...
  4. Problems with websites loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with websites loading: I posted this question a few days ago, but nobody answered. I hope I will get an answer this time. I've been having serious trouble with Yahoo Mail, which is my primary email account. When I try to load it Firefox, Opera, and Microsoft Edge, I either end up with a blank...
  5. Website loading times

Website loading times: My websites are all loading sloooowly! It can take the better part of a minute to get the whole thing. Even slower with MCS 2004 version update! What can I do to get websites to load quickly as they should? Thanks, Dennyboy...
  6. Trouble accessing websites on EVOO laptop

Trouble accessing websites on EVOO laptop: I just got an EVOO EV-L2in1-116 laptop and it is connected to the internet but sometimes websites will not load and I get an error message. [ATTACH] Like here in the photo Gmail will not load but I could get Hulu to load (though when I tried to watch something that page...
  7. Infinite loading to websites

Infinite loading to websites: Browsers not working, infinately loading websites, with any websites (well internet explorer won't open anyways so i'm not counting that) minecraft won't open, was saying I hadn't activated windows but that's gone (after i unplugged and replugged the computer) all other...
  8. Websites Not Loading Properly

Websites Not Loading Properly: Some websites are only loading html and not the pictures. How to fix??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/websites-not-loading-properly/b829b089-b1a4-4f59-a062-a615c3744c51
  9. Slow website loading

Slow website loading: Hello, Two days ago I installed a fresh copy of windows 10 on a new HDD and everything worked great up until today 13 aug, when I started up the PC and was greeted with an updated.After updating I noticed that all websites load either incredibly slow or not at all. I...
  10. Website not loading

in Browsers and Email
    Website not loading: I have a real head scratcher here. I am a member of "myfitnesspal.com" I can log in and load the site but, when I input an entry for meals I get a page of gobbledegoop which I will attach. This is in all browsers: Chrome, Edge, IE and Firefox. This was not the case when I...