Windows 10: Trouble locating WIFI

Discus and support Trouble locating WIFI in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys got the dreaded BSOD today had to completely reinstall Windows 10. Now It can’t find any wifi networks. My mobo is ASUS Rog Strix x570-e. I’ve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Whispered77, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Trouble locating WIFI

Hey guys got the dreaded BSOD today had to completely reinstall Windows 10. Now It can’t find any wifi networks. My mobo is ASUS Rog Strix x570-e. I’ve tried everything turning internet discovery on going to sharing center still can’t find anything any suggestions? Thanks

submitted by /u/Whispered77
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Whispered77, Feb 18, 2020

2. Trouble locating device

If you are having trouble locating your device through the
    find my phone
    website, make sure you have all of what will be listed down below good to go!

If you have disabled your cellular network through on your phone, it will not be able to be found unless if it is connected through another network (Wi-Fi).

Make sure your phones "Find My Phone" Settings are enabled, if not or you are not sure, follow these steps.

Settings>Update & security>Find My Phone

Make sure that you have your "Location" Settings enabled, If you are not sure, follow these steps.

Settings>Privacy>Location

If all of these settings are enabled and you are still having trouble locating your device, the previous location of the device will be listed on the map. You should receive an email when the device is discovered. (Note: The last
    location is based on when the device gains connectivity to a network, meaning it is not always accurate)

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to reply!

If you want further assistance with the issue,
    click here
    to chat with an assistant!

Or if you prefer to schedule a call, click here!

(Note: Your mobile devices IMEI is require, it is located in the "About" Settings in your device. If you can't find it, dial *#06# on your device)

Sebastian italia, Feb 18, 2020
  3. WiFi connection troubles

here is what i'm facing

Trouble locating WIFI [​IMG]

I've installed the drivers you recommended and I've followed the instructions (and restarted).nothing has changed. maybe I'm missing a step? I'm currently plugged into an ethernet cable right now, which is what the troubleshooter told me to do.

PatrickShip18, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Trouble locating WIFI

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Trouble locating WIFI

1. Trouble locating WIFI - Similar Threads - Trouble locating WIFI

2. Trouble with wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with wifi: Hey, i need help so my laptop stopped connecting to wifi 3 days ago and the problem wouldnt go away so i decided to reboot it.Yes rebooting did help but now whenever i connect to wifi it shows 1 bar and on my phone and other laptops connected to the same wifi it shows full...
  3. Trouble with wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with wifi: Hey, i need help so my laptop stopped connecting to wifi 3 days ago and the problem wouldnt go away so i decided to reboot it.Yes rebooting did help but now whenever i connect to wifi it shows 1 bar and on my phone and other laptops connected to the same wifi it shows full...
  4. Trouble with wifi

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Wifi Troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Troubles: My Toshiba Satellite model# PSCFWU-029005Will not connect to my wifi anymore.ATT came out and replaced my Modem yesterday and everything worked good. but this morning it wont connect to the wifi won't even search for it. I have it connected to wifi from my phone now but other...
  6. Wifi Troubles

Wifi Troubles: My Toshiba Satellite model# PSCFWU-029005Will not connect to my wifi anymore.ATT came out and replaced my Modem yesterday and everything worked good. but this morning it wont connect to the wifi won't even search for it. I have it connected to wifi from my phone now but other...
  7. Wifi troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi troubles: So, my pc for some reason doesnt have wifi, i have to use ethernet, and im tired of it, ive went through countless forums, and found nothing, i dont know what to do, i have a dell OptiPlex 3060...
  8. Wifi troubles

Wifi troubles: So, my pc for some reason doesnt have wifi, i have to use ethernet, and im tired of it, ive went through countless forums, and found nothing, i dont know what to do, i have a dell OptiPlex 3060...
  9. Wifi troubles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Trouble with connecting to WiFi?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble with connecting to WiFi?: So i just recently received my gaming computer. After trying to connect to my network, it told me it couldnt connect to the network. Heres what I have tried: Network Reset Troubleshooting the response I got told me I had no preferred networks Updating the Driver He told...