Windows 10: Trouble Logging in on Laptop after awhile

Discus and support Trouble Logging in on Laptop after awhile in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So it's been awhile since I've logged into my laptop... however the password is suppsoed to be my email password but it won't work, even after I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Teryl Campbell, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Trouble Logging in on Laptop after awhile

So it's been awhile since I've logged into my laptop... however the password is suppsoed to be my email password but it won't work, even after I have reset my password multiple times to see if it would work. I'm not sure what more that I can do... I have contacted Geek Squad by chat to no avil of a solution. I need to access my pictures on there for a family member who has passed :

:)

Teryl Campbell, Dec 5, 2022

2. Trouble Logging in on Laptop after awhile

So it's been awhile since I've logged into my laptop... however the password is suppsoed to be my email password but it won't work, even after I have reset my password multiple times to see if it would work. I'm not sure what more that I can do... I have contacted Geek Squad by chat to no avil of a solution. I need to access my pictures on there for a family member who has passed Trouble Logging in on Laptop after awhile :(

Teryl Campbell, Dec 6, 2022
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 6, 2022
  4. Trouble Logging in on Laptop after awhile

Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

Trouble Logging in on Laptop after awhile

1. Trouble Logging in on Laptop after awhile - Similar Threads - Trouble Logging Laptop

2. Trouble Logging in on Laptop after awhile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Logging in on Laptop after awhile: So it's been awhile since I've logged into my laptop... however the password is suppsoed to be my email password but it won't work, even after I have reset my password multiple times to see if it would work. I'm not sure what more that I can do... I have contacted Geek Squad...
  3. Trouble Logging in on Laptop after awhile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble Logging in on Laptop after awhile: So it's been awhile since I've logged into my laptop... however the password is suppsoed to be my email password but it won't work, even after I have reset my password multiple times to see if it would work. I'm not sure what more that I can do... I have contacted Geek Squad...
  4. Log in trouble

in Windows 10 Customization
    Log in trouble: Microsoft has rendered my new computer useless. Like a fool I got a Microsoft account. I changed my user name and password now my account doesn't exist. Open a new one it says. They will send a code to gmail. It never gets there. Then after several tries they say you have...
  5. Log in trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in trouble: Microsoft has rendered my new computer useless. Like a fool I got a Microsoft account. I changed my user name and password now my account doesn't exist. Open a new one it says. They will send a code to gmail. It never gets there. Then after several tries they say you have...
  6. Trouble logging in after safemode reboot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble logging in after safemode reboot: Hey I went into msconfig to set my pc to reboot in safe to uninstall some graphics drivers I have been having issues with. When the pc rebooted it wanted me to login with a password which I don't ever remember setting. I have been using a pin code to login normally. Is...
  7. Trouble logging into my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble logging into my laptop: Everytime I sign into my computer it resets all my settings to factory settings and asks me to sign out of my account and restart. This doesn't fit it. Any ideas?...
  8. WiFi gets unplugged after awhile on Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi gets unplugged after awhile on Laptop: My Wi-Fi gets disconnected from my laptop after doing heavy work such as playing video games. I noticed this after an updatedon't know which one since we didn't have internet for awhile due to a typhoon. I tried to disable the setting "Allow the computer to turn off this...
  9. Trouble logging in and resetting laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble logging in and resetting laptop: Laptop was recently serviced and the “admin” login appeared. I do not know my admin login, so I tried resetting my computer. Now it is in a loop of “Why did my PC restart?” Help....
  10. reboots after running for awhile

in Windows 10 Support
    reboots after running for awhile: Hi guys, i have a nephew who's computer W 10 pro will reboot for no reason & at no certain time. He has all updates, and is set to never sleep. Has also done a reinstall !! Event viewer log has a few logs, will post at the bottom of this thread !! Any suggestions or heard of...