Windows 10: Trouble logging in to Windows 10

Discus and support Trouble logging in to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When at the start up screen Before the Spring 2018 update I could simply tap enter on the keypad, then type in my pin using the keypad. After the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeWilliams, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Trouble logging in to Windows 10

When at the start up screen
    Before the Spring 2018 update I could simply tap enter on the keypad, then type in my pin using the keypad.

After the Spring 2018 update I have to click with the mouse before I can bet to the password entry screen.
    This is very annoying as it is an extra step that needs to be performed.

Has anyone else seen this and can offer a fix?

/Mike

:)

MikeWilliams, Jun 9, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Accessing WIndows 10 trouble shooter

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right
      to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on
      the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Can't log-in to windows 10

If you have recently changed your Microsoft password, we suggest that you try using your old password and check if you will be able to log in. We also recommend that you connect your computer to the internet while logging in.

If the issue persists, let's start your PC in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. For steps on how to start your PC in safe mode, refer to the following link:
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

To isolate the cause of this issue, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account on your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you receive when logging in?

Looking forward to your reply.

Gino Des, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Trouble logging in to Windows 10

1. Trouble logging in to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trouble logging

2. I have had trouble with logging in to my Asus PC; something to do with user profile and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had trouble with logging in to my Asus PC; something to do with user profile and...: I'm in need of help logging into my computer. I've tried different options and nothing works. Tried command prompt, advanced options: system restore, can't reset, can't restore, can't automatic repair, can't start up repair. Tried rebooting, tried restarting, now I am in safe...
  3. I have had trouble with logging in to my Asus PC; something to do with user profile and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have had trouble with logging in to my Asus PC; something to do with user profile and...: I'm in need of help logging into my computer. I've tried different options and nothing works. Tried command prompt, advanced options: system restore, can't reset, can't restore, can't automatic repair, can't start up repair. Tried rebooting, tried restarting, now I am in safe...
  4. My Microsoft accounts have trouble creating pin and hence I am not able to log into my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft accounts have trouble creating pin and hence I am not able to log into my laptop: Hello,I am not able to log into my laptop as it requires pin which Microsoft has trouble creating Kindly acknowledge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-accounts-have-trouble-creating-pin/2b46c0e2-9a6b-4030-ae7d-051f852ff7bc
  5. My Microsoft accounts have trouble creating pin and hence I am not able to log into my laptop

My Microsoft accounts have trouble creating pin and hence I am not able to log into my laptop: Hello,I am not able to log into my laptop as it requires pin which Microsoft has trouble creating Kindly acknowledge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-accounts-have-trouble-creating-pin/2b46c0e2-9a6b-4030-ae7d-051f852ff7bc
  6. Logging troubles into a separate account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging troubles into a separate account: I can't sign into my account, and it keeps logging me into my work account. I have changed my password over 5 times, trying to log in when it asks me to enter a new password....
  7. Logging troubles into a separate account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging troubles into a separate account: I can't sign into my account, and it keeps logging me into my work account. I have changed my password over 5 times, trying to log in when it asks me to enter a new password....
  8. Logging troubles into a separate account

9. Trouble opening log files after scans

Trouble opening log files after scans: W11 Home, 64-BitOver the last couple of days I have been receiving Microsoft notification updates; I believe the most recent was KB5030509 update. I don't know if the rest were also this update. But I believe it's the same one because it never seems to completely update,...
  10. Trouble opening log files after scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble opening log files after scans: W11 Home, 64-BitOver the last couple of days I have been receiving Microsoft notification updates; the most recent was a KB update, I don't know about the rest. Every time when the updates have finished I rebooted my machine. Regardless of which reboot method I use my laptop...