Windows 10: Trouble logging in to Windows 10

Discus and support Trouble logging in to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When at the start up screen Before the Spring 2018 update I could simply tap enter on the keypad, then type in my pin using the keypad. After the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeWilliams, Jun 9, 2018.

1. MikeWilliams Win User

Trouble logging in to Windows 10

When at the start up screen
    Before the Spring 2018 update I could simply tap enter on the keypad, then type in my pin using the keypad.

After the Spring 2018 update I have to click with the mouse before I can bet to the password entry screen.
    This is very annoying as it is an extra step that needs to be performed.

Has anyone else seen this and can offer a fix?

/Mike

:)

MikeWilliams, Jun 9, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Accessing WIndows 10 trouble shooter

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right
      to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on
      the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Can't log-in to windows 10

If you have recently changed your Microsoft password, we suggest that you try using your old password and check if you will be able to log in. We also recommend that you connect your computer to the internet while logging in.

If the issue persists, let's start your PC in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. For steps on how to start your PC in safe mode, refer to the following link:
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

To isolate the cause of this issue, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account on your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you receive when logging in?

Looking forward to your reply.

Gino Des, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Trouble logging in to Windows 10

1. Trouble logging in to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trouble logging

2. After updating getting trouble

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating getting trouble: Hello i am alpana I am getting trouble bcoz my pc update itself and after updation its not showing my apps and icons which installed and control panel shows all the apps and installed programs how i can get back Plz help me...
  3. trouble turning on camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    trouble turning on camera: I couldn't turn on the camera to use face recognition in my HP ENVY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-turning-on-camera/6a42baa2-aff0-496b-8709-7bbe48b4ade6"
  4. Trouble with powering up computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble with powering up computer: There was a bit of a storm going on at the time of this post where I live, so I did a full shutdown, turned off the power strip and unplugged the strip from the wall; it calmed down, so I plugged everything back in, and expected no problems powering up (never had any except...
  5. Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy: Hello guys I have a question I have an app listed in my apps and features all the way at the bottom with no name. it takes up 34.5MB and was installed a few months back the thing that surprises me most is when i click uninstall, it asks if i want to allow rundll32 to make...
  6. We’re having trouble restarting to finish the install, Error 0x8024a11a or 0x8024a112

in Windows 10 News
    We’re having trouble restarting to finish the install, Error 0x8024a11a or 0x8024a112: [ATTACH] Recently, I was trying to update one of my older laptops. After downloading the feature update, it displayed a message – We’re having trouble restarting to finish the install. The status message says: The latest feature update is ready to [...] This post We’re...
  7. HP Pavillion Troubles

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Pavillion Troubles: Last night my laptop worked perfectly fine. I turned it on when I arrived at home today only to have the Start menu not work, Cortona doesn't work either, my pins to taskbar do not show, as well as the right hand icons (sound, network, etc.) Any suggestions?...
  8. Trouble logging in to Windows 10 after Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trouble logging in to Windows 10 after Update: When at the start up screen Before the Spring 2018 update I could simply tap enter on the keypad, then type in my pin using the keypad. After the Spring 2018 update I have to click with the mouse before I can bet to the password entry screen. This is very annoying as it is...
  9. Trouble logging into iCloud. Need help!

in Browsers and Email
    Trouble logging into iCloud. Need help!: Administrators: I hope I put this post in the proper location but feel free to relocate if needed. I have an iCloud email account but can't login to it on my PC. I never get to the password screen as it only gets to that blue screen with the endless spinning wheel. Odd,...
  10. Have trouble logging in sometimes, UAC popups do not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Have trouble logging in sometimes, UAC popups do not work: i apologize for bad quality pictures in this thread, i could only take pictures on my phone for these problems. I have 3 problems that are quite major for me currently. These started happening after windows installed cumulative update 1607. I had a memory leak, very major,...