Windows 10: Trouble logging into Msoft local account

Discus and support Trouble logging into Msoft local account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; That and a few other gremlins seemingly related to my Microsoft account. I downloaded the Msoft Account Diagnostic Tool. Below is its analysis.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TruLou, Oct 2, 2020.

1. TruLou Win User

Trouble logging into Msoft local account

That and a few other gremlins seemingly related to my Microsoft account. I downloaded the Msoft Account Diagnostic Tool. Below is its analysis.

Problem Found

Can't connect to the Sync Service

Root causes found

Source

Windows® installer

Summary

Stopped working

Date

‎10/‎2/‎2020 6:34 AM

Status

Not reported

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: msiexec.exe

Application Version: 5.0.19041.1

Application Timestamp: 88d88f1c

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.488

Fault Module Timestamp: 70e69bad

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000000000045e16

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 7036

Additional Information 2: 7036e4b42f1ec6a7c89b609814fccbee

Additional Information 3: 0d32

Additional Information 4: 0d3260a63d8ca550f051705a2f7e3a29

Files that help describe the problem

minidump.mdmp

WERInternalMetadata.xml

WERInternalRequest.xml

memory.csv

sysinfo.txt

AppCompat.txt

memory.hdmp

:)

TruLou, Oct 2, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 2, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Log out of local account

Hi,

Logging in an account to the Windows Store will automatically bound your local account with your Microsoft account. You can log in to the

web version of the WindowsStore
    instead to prevent this issue from recurring. To log out an account of the Windows Store, kindly follow these steps:

• Open Windows Store.
    • Click your account icon beside the Search box.

Trouble logging into Msoft local account 324b6283-915b-4863-b7e7-8dcc637170e9.png
    • Click your profile.

Trouble logging into Msoft local account 3474ff0a-d0b8-4bc3-bea4-019c3c0e889e.png
    • Click Sign out.

Now, proceed in removing your Microsoft account and password by following these steps:

• Go to Settings>Account>Your email and accounts.
    • Click Sign in with a local account instead and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • After setting up the new local account, go back to Settings>Account>Your email and accounts.
    • Select your email account and click Remove.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Trouble logging into Msoft local account - Similar Threads - Trouble logging Msoft

2. Logging troubles into a separate account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging troubles into a separate account: I can't sign into my account, and it keeps logging me into my work account. I have changed my password over 5 times, trying to log in when it asks me to enter a new password....
  3. Logging troubles into a separate account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging troubles into a separate account: I can't sign into my account, and it keeps logging me into my work account. I have changed my password over 5 times, trying to log in when it asks me to enter a new password....
  4. Logging troubles into a separate account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    log in with pin on a local account: I am currently trying to change my already set pin on windows 10, and windows is not allowing me.My computer has always had a local user, I purposely never used a logged in account because most of the time I do not want a password on my pc at all.A while ago I set a pin as my...
  6. Help with Log In as Local Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Log In as Local Account: So my PC for some weird reason forces me to add the prefix " .\ " before my username. By default, it expects me to login as a domain. Is there any way to change this? So I can login using only my username (and password)? submitted by /u/Watchmen__ [link] [comments]...
  7. Local account log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local account log in: I accidenatlly logged into my computer using my mom’s microsoft account and now all my personaliziations are the ones from her computer and I cannot log out. Also, when I went accounts in settings the “log into local account instead” message isn’t there Thank you...
  8. Trouble Logging into Student Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble Logging into Student Account: Hello, I downloaded word onto my desktop. I am a student at Arizona State University. I should be able to use word. I downloaded it but it won't let me log into my ASU account. The top of Word says "non-commercial use. Unlicensed Product." Whenever I type into the...
  9. Having trouble switching to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Having trouble switching to local account: So I havent had Windows 10 that long and I seem to have set this up with a Microsoft account (a specific email address combined with a password) that logs me into, well I guess, the Microsoft store? So I just wanted to switch to a local account (cause thats all I want or...
  10. More local account trouble

in Windows 10 Support
    More local account trouble: After I succeeded to install W10TP with a local account - which we know is not obvious and probably impossible to do by most users - I now get nagged with IMPORTANT security alerts if I don't sign into the MS account. Does anybody know what the possible security issue with a...