Windows 10: Trouble logging into my laptop

Discus and support Trouble logging into my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everytime I sign into my computer it resets all my settings to factory settings and asks me to sign out of my account and restart. This doesn't fit it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdamCronin1, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Trouble logging into my laptop

Everytime I sign into my computer it resets all my settings to factory settings and asks me to sign out of my account and restart. This doesn't fit it. Any ideas?

:)

AdamCronin1, Jun 17, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Trouble logging into my laptop

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Trouble logging into my laptop

1. Trouble logging into my laptop - Similar Threads - Trouble logging laptop

2. Trouble Logging in on Laptop after awhile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Logging in on Laptop after awhile: So it's been awhile since I've logged into my laptop... however the password is suppsoed to be my email password but it won't work, even after I have reset my password multiple times to see if it would work. I'm not sure what more that I can do... I have contacted Geek Squad...
  3. Trouble Logging in on Laptop after awhile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble Logging in on Laptop after awhile: So it's been awhile since I've logged into my laptop... however the password is suppsoed to be my email password but it won't work, even after I have reset my password multiple times to see if it would work. I'm not sure what more that I can do... I have contacted Geek Squad...
  4. Trouble Logging in on Laptop after awhile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Log in trouble

in Windows 10 Customization
    Log in trouble: Microsoft has rendered my new computer useless. Like a fool I got a Microsoft account. I changed my user name and password now my account doesn't exist. Open a new one it says. They will send a code to gmail. It never gets there. Then after several tries they say you have...
  6. Log in trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in trouble: Microsoft has rendered my new computer useless. Like a fool I got a Microsoft account. I changed my user name and password now my account doesn't exist. Open a new one it says. They will send a code to gmail. It never gets there. Then after several tries they say you have...
  7. Trouble logging on to my computer

Trouble logging on to my computer: I am having trouble getting Windows Hello to let me log in to my computer. I've set up a Pin, Hello Face and fingerprint options so I can login when I am at the lock/login screen but none of those work or even appear as options.When I reach the login screen the box asks for...
  8. Trouble logging in to my computer

Trouble logging in to my computer: Hope you can help me. I have a laptop and it has a pin. My problem is, it keeps on asking me my Microsoft password. I already changed it and the I input my current password but it keeps on saying my password is incorrect. I have this reset button in my laptop and I tried to...
  9. TROUBLE LOGGING IN

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    TROUBLE LOGGING IN: Im having trouble logging in Minecraft and it says to try again later so I wait then I try again but it still wont work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-logging-in/0d4c6a9d-1995-413c-88f6-0257d54c5063"
  10. Trouble logging in and resetting laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble logging in and resetting laptop: Laptop was recently serviced and the “admin” login appeared. I do not know my admin login, so I tried resetting my computer. Now it is in a loop of “Why did my PC restart?” Help....