Windows 10: Trouble Matching Laptop Monitor Colours

Discus and support Trouble Matching Laptop Monitor Colours in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new Asus laptop with Nvidia graphics, specifically an ROG Zephyrus G15, this one here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tarantulaben, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Trouble Matching Laptop Monitor Colours

I recently purchased a new Asus laptop with Nvidia graphics, specifically an ROG Zephyrus G15, this one here:

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/asus-rog-zephyrus-g15-156-amd-ryzen-7-4800hs-ga502iu-xs74/6000201632673

I previously owned an older Macbook Pro laptop and the colours were very vibrant. However the colours on this laptop are very dull and washed out in comparison. As an artist and designer, colour is very important to me. Both laptops indicate that they are using the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 colour profile.

I have tried calibrating the display under color management settings, but it essentially only lets me change gamma and RGB balance. Under Nvidia control panel, I only have options for 3D settings. Are my options limited because this is a laptop? Do I need to reinstall Nvidia drivers? What else is there that I can do to resolve this?

:)

Tarantulaben, Jul 28, 2020

2. Monitor colour

I have added a monitor to my laptop using VGA cabl, the colour on the laptop is good but on the monitor is very yellow??

MichaelClifford4, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 28, 2020
  4. HairyFool Win User

Trouble Matching Laptop Monitor Colours

Trouble with colour on dual monitors

I have two Dell U2312HM monitors, approximately the same age.

With the same wallpaper image on both screens the left was blue and the right green (slightly). No way to know if one was right and the other wrong or both out to some degree.

Run a colour calibration on the two screens which confirmed one had high blue and the other slightly high green. Balanced them and the Wallpaper now looks closely matched.

However with a Settings dialogue open I get this:

Trouble Matching Laptop Monitor Colours a347e931-7fbf-48cd-aa94-f9c75fc64d08?upload=true.jpg

Noticeably different hue on the two screens. Why do some Apps appear to have a different colour profile

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

HairyFool, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Trouble Matching Laptop Monitor Colours

1. Trouble Matching Laptop Monitor Colours - Similar Threads - Trouble Matching Laptop

2. Trouble connecting a monitor to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble connecting a monitor to my laptop: Hello everyone, I recently bought a monitor to be able to increase my productivity while programming on my laptop. As soon as I set it up and connected it to the laptop it went into "Power Saving Mode". I read on some sites that this is because my laptop is not sending...
  3. Monitor colour

Monitor colour: I have added a monitor to my laptop using VGA cabl, the colour on the laptop is good but on the monitor is very yellow?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-colour/2ea75849-d075-4450-a8db-6dd38eea9375
  4. Windows Security icon not matching system colour

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Security icon not matching system colour: Hopefully you can see the image below, has anyone else encountered this issue where Windows Security icon doesn't match the theme. I.e, I am using the light theme and all the default windows icons are white, but not Windows Security. If you know how to fix this VERY small...
  5. Graphic cards and monitors matching

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic cards and monitors matching: I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels. Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would...
  6. Graphic cards and monitors matching

Graphic cards and monitors matching: I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels. Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would...
  7. monitor text and background colours

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitor text and background colours: I am using a HP Pavilion 500 PC and a HP 23" 500 Pavilion monitor with Windows 10. I want to change text from black on a white background, to a white text on a black background in all Windows folders (with the usual coloured icons on Desktop). How do I accomplish...
  8. Monitor Trouble

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Trouble: I have a Dell CRT monitor and a Geforce GT 610 graphics card. The monitor is behaving strangely and I am not sure whether I need to change the graphics card altogether, clean the dust out of the PC tower, or replace the monitor. After I boot the PC, I have to push the power...
  9. Second Monitor Colour Calibration

Second Monitor Colour Calibration: Hi There: I have a Dell XPS 15 2-In-1 with a Radeon™ RX Vega M GL Graphics with 4GB HMB2 graphics card and a 4K screen. I also have a 27" LG monitor (27UD58-B) with a 4K screen. AND, I have an X-Rite i1 Display Pro puck and software. Now the Dell doesn't have an HDMI port,...
  10. Dual monitor colour calibration

Dual monitor colour calibration: I've been trying to figure this out for a decent amount of time and it's driving me nuts now. I have two identical brand and type of monitors, a Nvidia graphics card (1060) with the most up to date drivers (I already re-installed them). The monitors aren't aligned color-wise....