Windows 10: Trouble migrating OS to an SSD

Discus and support Trouble migrating OS to an SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, last week I got myself an SSD to use in my desktop PC. And when I try to migrate the whole OS with all my files and installed applications using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chandfendt, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Trouble migrating OS to an SSD

So, last week I got myself an SSD to use in my desktop PC. And when I try to migrate the whole OS with all my files and installed applications using Macrium. I get an error when I try to boot from the SSD, after all the copying process. And whatever I try doesn't help. Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

submitted by /u/Chandfendt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chandfendt, Mar 28, 2020

2. Migrate OS to SSD

I cannot figure out how to move windows 10 os to new SSD. The C drive is not partitioned so the 1.8 TB drive is trying to migrate to the 500gb SSD, which it will not allow me to do. Is there a way to seperate just the OS from the C drive ?

DaveDe Liberato, Mar 28, 2020
  3. OS migration to ssd

I want to migrate my OS to my new ssd, but with the softwares I've downloaded can only move the whole C: drive, but my ssd only has 223gb of storage and I've got in my HDD 500gb of stored stuff. To solve this I made a partition to move all the files that
    weren't files of the OS. When I tried to do this I couldn't move such files. Is there a way to move all my files from the C: drive to the partition or to manually move my OS to the ssd?

marcocatella, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Trouble migrating OS to an SSD

OS Migration

I have a PC that has become very slow at booting up. Sometimes it takes so long to be ready to use, I have to re-boot it again in order for it so be useable at all. It has 2 x 1TB HDDs in it & the one with the OS on it is at about 95% full. So I guess that
    this could be the reason it is so slow to get going.

• Would it improve it at all if I was to migrate the OS onto an SSD?
    • Is it possible to migrate the OS alone to the SSD & leave all the data on the HDD?
    • If it is, what then happens to the OS on the HDD?
    • Also what happens to access to existing data in Windows folders like Documents, music etc?
    So many questions.

This is probably in the wrong section but I couldn't find anything appropriate.

Tim Gosling, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Trouble migrating OS to an SSD

1. Trouble migrating OS to an SSD - Similar Threads - Trouble migrating SSD

2. MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD: Hi,If I just migrate my Windows 10 from HDD to SSD but since my HDD has two other drives-D & E, besides C; so after that, if I change the boot option to SSD from HDD as shown above, will the data on drives D & E of my HDD will be formatted as well since I'm just migrating my...
  3. MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD: Hi,If I just migrate my Windows 10 from HDD to SSD but since my HDD has two other drives-D & E, besides C; so after that, if I change the boot option to SSD from HDD as shown above, will the data on drives D & E of my HDD will be formatted as well since I'm just migrating my...
  4. MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Migrating OS to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating OS to SSD: To keep it short: Migrating OS from HDD to SSD. Problem is the EFI boot partition (16 Mb) and another unnamed partition are on the SSD. Somehow, the main Windows files are on the C: drive (HDD) and the boot is on the SSD. Aside from that, nothing else on the solid drive....
  6. Migrating Windows OS to new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Migrating Windows OS to new SSD: Hi all, I have an HP Envy that currently has a 1TB HDD, but I'm expecting a new machine, a Lenovo Thinkpad P53, in the following week or so. That configuration also has a 1TB HDD, however, I also bought an extra 500GB SSD from Crucial and made sure it's compatible with the...
  7. migrating OS to new ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    migrating OS to new ssd: How can I migrate my os to my new ssd without going through any updates and so forth? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migrating-os-to-new-ssd/e6936d37-08ae-469a-b831-f77b68db6072
  8. Migrating OS from a small SSD to a larger SSD

Migrating OS from a small SSD to a larger SSD: I have purchased a larger SSD to replace the existing one that I am using for my OS. I have downloaded a couple of different kinds of software to handle this but I have some issues. For one which is called "Minitool Partition Wizard Free 11.6" there is an option to Migrate...
  9. Migrate OS to SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrate OS to SSD: I cannot figure out how to move windows 10 os to new SSD. The C drive is not partitioned so the 1.8 TB drive is trying to migrate to the 500gb SSD, which it will not allow me to do. Is there a way to seperate just the OS from the C drive ?...
  10. SSD OS migration to new CPU/MB

SSD OS migration to new CPU/MB: Hello again all, i have broken down and i am going to do a partial upgraded to my main pc i have gone with AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Retail Wraith Stealth - (AM4/Hex Core/3.40GHz/19MB/65W) - YD2600BBAFBOX: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories and Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15...