Windows 10: Trouble moving folders within One Drive to Vault

Discus and support Trouble moving folders within One Drive to Vault in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have premium one drive with 1TB of space. I still have about 900gb free on one drive. I am trying to move a single folder that contains... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Orbital One, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Trouble moving folders within One Drive to Vault

Hi,

I have premium one drive with 1TB of space. I still have about 900gb free on one drive. I am trying to move a single folder that contains multiple folders and files to the vault. I see that it moves the parent directory or folder but not the contents within. I'm getting an error that reads...something went wrong, try again or refreshing the page.... No matter what I try, I just can't seem to move the folder I want from the main one drive directory My Files to the Vault. Any ideas? I figured it would just copy the folder over to the Vault no matter the size or contents and that would be it.

Thanks much,

Orbital

:)

Orbital One, Oct 6, 2020

2. OneDrive Personal Vault cannot be unlocked on Windows10.

I was able to get rid of the Red X on my OneDrive icon and the error message saying that the Personal Vault could not be synchronized by doing the following:

1. Access the personal vault OnLine via the the View OnLine option from the desktop icon in the task bar.
    2. Open the vault via the Web Browser and select all the files and folders in the vault.
    3. Count all the files and folders presently in the Personal Vault.
    4. Move all the files and folders out of the Personal Vault to another folder in your OneDrive.
    5. Refresh and verify the Personal Vault is empty.
    6. Verify all your important files have been successfully moved by verifying the folder and file count.
    7. Disable the Personal Vault online via the Web browser.
    8. Select the Personal Vault and attempt to delete it. A message "Cant delete Personal Vault' appears.
    9. Click on 'Go to settings'.
    10. Select the options to Disable the Personal Vault <Select Disable>. and "Disable" when asked are you sure. [NOTE: when you do this, any contents in the vault are irretrievably lost. So make sure it is empty first.]
    11. Wait 30-60 seconds for your OneDrive desktop to synch.
    12. Go back to the browser and select Enable on the Persona Vault window if it is still opened.
    13. If you closed the window, select Settings in the upper right of online OneDrive (to the left of the question mark), select options, select Personal Vault from the left side menu, then select Enable.
    14. A pop-up stating, "Your Personal Vault is back". Select 'got it'.
    15. Click on OneDrive in the upper left corner of the browser screen.
    16. Find your Personal Vault in your file/folder list.
    17. Open it (you will have to authenticate to open).
    18. Inspect the vault. It should be empty. In some cases there will be old "uncached" files that appears. It was the failed synching that caused the Red X. Reestablishing the Personal Vault allows the synch to proceed. Be careful as these files might not
      contain the most contemporaneous data.
    19. You should now be able to use the Personal Vault as before without the Red X. You can move the files you moved out of the Personal Vault back into the Personal Vault - - begin careful to decide which version to keep of any duplicate files.

SteveGhera, Oct 6, 2020
  3. scopio Win User
    Moving Public Folder to another drive

I have been asked to install an HDD in a church pc which only has a 224GB SanDisk SSD which is running out of space.
    The problem I can foresee is that the church uses an application called SongPro which insists to install in the C:\Users\Programs File (x86) and the data files in the
    C:\Users\Public\SongPro5 folder and does not give the option to be installed software
    on another drive.
    I have searched the web if and how the Public folder can be moved to another drive and found that it can be done using the following steps;

1. COPY (don’t MOVE) the C:\USERS\PUBLIC folder to a different disk or partition
    2. Click the START button and type REGEDIT (not case sensitive) and press enter
    3. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > MICROSOFT > WINDOWS NT > CURRENT VERSION > PROFILE LIST
    4. Double click on PUBLIC
    5. Correct the path
    6. Reboot the PC
    7. Go to C:\USERS\PUBLIC and delete everything
    Can someone here please confirm if the SongPro software is installed in C:\Users\Programs File (x86) (the SSD) and the path Public\SongPro5 folder moved to another folder will work?

Trouble moving folders within One Drive to Vault [​IMG]

scopio, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Trouble moving folders within One Drive to Vault

Desktop Folder move to another drive trouble

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Windows and am setting up my new machine, I followed these directions to move my desktop folder to a different drive(by Aileen Alf almost to the bottom): Move Users folder to another drive

A new folder was not created on the E:\ drive, it just put the only thing on the desktop on the new drive which is an alias for Microsoft Edge. I have tried to restore Default in Properties, Location but I get an error saying "The folder can't be moved here
    Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "E:\System Volume Information".

In File Explorer next to the Desktop icon it shows E:\ rather than saying Desktop so it really did move the folder there but its going into the main part of the drive without a folder named Desktop.

I read several other ways to move the folder and they say to create the folders on the new drive first but I followed this procedure as it was given by a Microsoft Agent in this community.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Best,

G.A.

G.A.Crunch, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Trouble moving folders within One Drive to Vault

1. Trouble moving folders within One Drive to Vault - Similar Threads - Trouble moving folders

2. How to move Lightroom Classic folders within Pictures to a local only folder not in one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move Lightroom Classic folders within Pictures to a local only folder not in one drive: I would like to move either subfolders Lightroom Catalog in Pictures or the whole Pictures folder to a local only folder in C: directory. When I try to do this, I get an error message. If I try the same process on the subfolders, I do not get the option of Location. How do I...
  3. How to move Lightroom Classic folders within Pictures to a local only folder not in one drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move Lightroom Classic folders within Pictures to a local only folder not in one drive: I would like to move either subfolders Lightroom Catalog in Pictures or the whole Pictures folder to a local only folder in C: directory. When I try to do this, I get an error message. If I try the same process on the subfolders, I do not get the option of Location. How do I...
  4. can't access one drive personal vault

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't access one drive personal vault: I cannot access my one drive personal vault, I was able to do so and then suddenly unable I have the following message; I don't know what I've done, any suggestions;Richard....
  5. TROUBLE WITH ONE DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TROUBLE WITH ONE DRIVE: Ok, idk why but my lap top suddenly tell me this, furthermore, i cannot download some update with error code 0x80070003I'm so grateful if you can help me. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-with-one-drive/329d5b4d-897f-4342-860e-0107b2b4c1de
  6. Desktop Folder move to another drive trouble

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Folder move to another drive trouble: Good morning everyone. I mess up and i change the desktop and the download files from C to D and it doesn't show me the downloads file. I choose only the D driver and didn't make a desktop file. Its exactly the same problem from here...
  7. Trouble with moving folder from external drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Trouble with moving folder from external drive: Hi all: I've just put together a new machine and bought a new Windows 10 CD and installed the OS. All that went fine. I have a LOT of folders & files that I'm trying to move from external drives over to the Windows machine. I've only been able to move a few and then it just...
  8. One drive automatic upload used to upload to a personal folder within one drive, now with...

One drive automatic upload used to upload to a personal folder within one drive, now with...: How can i target in which folder do my automatic uploads go? They used to be in a folder under images within one drive, now it goes somewhere completely different. Any suggestions, i cant find any thread to help...
  9. Personal Vault (One Drive)

Personal Vault (One Drive): I must get my laptop serviced. For security, I copied all files to Personal Vault and deleted them on my laptop. But as PV is visible in File Explorer, a 3rd party will be able to see all file and doc names. Acrobat files do not open unless I sign in to PV, but Excel and Word...
  10. Trouble searching within a shared folder

Trouble searching within a shared folder: Hi, I have a large shared folder, which two other computers have access to. The master computer has no problem searching within the folder; however, on the others it won't allow searching. Clicking the search bar in explorer has no effect, it won't allow anything to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive this folder cant be moved to vault