Windows 10: Trouble networking, due to locked wifi icon?

Discus and support Trouble networking, due to locked wifi icon? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having the a devil of a time trying to get my HP 750 desktop (W10 2004 (19041.572) and MS Surface Pro 6 (W10 1909 (18363.1139) to network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by flycaster, Nov 12, 2020.

1. flycaster Win User

Trouble networking, due to locked wifi icon?

I've been having the a devil of a time trying to get my HP 750 desktop (W10 2004 (19041.572) and MS Surface Pro 6 (W10 1909 (18363.1139) to network together. I am also having trouble getting my Logitech Options to work so that I can use one mouse between the two computers. This latter issue is really annoying as Logitech Options was working until recently. Furthermore, although both computers are on the same network, the desktop's wifi icon has a lock icon on it (all of a sudden...I didn't do it); the surface pro does not. I have the feeling that this locked wifi icon and Options failing may be related to a recent Windows 10 update and to the trouble I'm having establishing a network. If locked icon is not problem, still would like to know how it happened and if I should unlock it? Help much appreciated. Thanks.

:)

flycaster, Nov 12, 2020

2. WiFi connection troubles

here is what i'm facing

Trouble networking, due to locked wifi icon? [​IMG]

I've installed the drivers you recommended and I've followed the instructions (and restarted).nothing has changed. maybe I'm missing a step? I'm currently plugged into an ethernet cable right now, which is what the troubleshooter told me to do.

PatrickShip18, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Stick111 Win User
    No Network/WiFi icon

I have tried all you suggested. My problem stems from the fact that I have no WiFi adapter or any WiFi showing anywhere on my desktop - only Ethernet. I uninstalled everything for the network, WAN and the adapter
    - 'Restart 'took me back to same place - no WiFi adapter shown? Network adapter has latest drivers. When using 'Network trouble shooter' or 'Find and Fix...' I receive two answers (1) Trouble shooter was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found.
    You will find details below. (2) Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings. (Note: Proxy set to auto detect) I'm sure I have a working WiFi because my laptop works just fine but something on desktop is blocking WiFi? Thank
    you for you help so far.

Stick111, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Trouble networking, due to locked wifi icon?

SERIOUS TROUBLE-wifi network

issues

>no wifi icon

>not able to see any network available (wifi)

>unable to connect any network entering into sleep mode

>random disconnection of ntwork

im running on w10 and my pc restarted one day and there comes trouble

i click on network I can't see any wifi network neither protected nor open network it's jus blank and the oly way to get it conncted is to restart the pc every time(to connect home router)

morthatisravan, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Trouble networking, due to locked wifi icon?

1. Trouble networking, due to locked wifi icon? - Similar Threads - Trouble networking due

2. Trouble with wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with wifi: Hey, i need help so my laptop stopped connecting to wifi 3 days ago and the problem wouldnt go away so i decided to reboot it.Yes rebooting did help but now whenever i connect to wifi it shows 1 bar and on my phone and other laptops connected to the same wifi it shows full...
  3. Trouble with wifi

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble with wifi: Hey, i need help so my laptop stopped connecting to wifi 3 days ago and the problem wouldnt go away so i decided to reboot it.Yes rebooting did help but now whenever i connect to wifi it shows 1 bar and on my phone and other laptops connected to the same wifi it shows full...
  4. Wifi Troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Troubles: My Toshiba Satellite model# PSCFWU-029005Will not connect to my wifi anymore.ATT came out and replaced my Modem yesterday and everything worked good. but this morning it wont connect to the wifi won't even search for it. I have it connected to wifi from my phone now but other...
  5. Wifi Troubles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Troubles: My Toshiba Satellite model# PSCFWU-029005Will not connect to my wifi anymore.ATT came out and replaced my Modem yesterday and everything worked good. but this morning it wont connect to the wifi won't even search for it. I have it connected to wifi from my phone now but other...
  6. Wifi troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi troubles: So, my pc for some reason doesnt have wifi, i have to use ethernet, and im tired of it, ive went through countless forums, and found nothing, i dont know what to do, i have a dell OptiPlex 3060...
  7. Wifi troubles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi troubles: So, my pc for some reason doesnt have wifi, i have to use ethernet, and im tired of it, ive went through countless forums, and found nothing, i dont know what to do, i have a dell OptiPlex 3060...
  8. Wifi troubles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Wifi with lock icon issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi with lock icon issue: In the new build of windows 10 2004, the wifi menu, if you use a right to left language, you will see an issue with that icon. The lock is cut... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-with-lock-icon-issue/b1e1b57a-bd13-4b6d-aa97-72bf18bfc1d3
  10. Wifi trouble and network adapter issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi trouble and network adapter issues: I recently updated to windows 10 pro 1909 and after a few restarts after installing it the pc is not getting connected to any wifi networks nor it is recognising any of the networks present. All other devices in my home find a wifi network. Any of the wireless network...