Windows 10: Trouble open user in firefox

Discus and support Trouble open user in firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am able to log into Firefox. Two other users can not They get this message--an unexpected error has prevented your changes from being saved------. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JOE1865, Jul 3, 2019.

1. JOE1865 Win User

Trouble open user in firefox

I am able to log into Firefox. Two other users can not They get this message--an unexpected error has prevented your changes from being saved------. I have tried ti reset and tried ---about:config in address line to not avail. Any ideas??

:)

JOE1865, Jul 3, 2019

2. FireFox

That's why I suggested this for starters, for the issue you report:Trouble open user in firefox :)

Firefox - Profile in Use

Scroll down on that page to the "Solutions" section.
    The easiest way is to open the Windows Task Manager and to kill the Firefox process from there.
    If that does not work, then proceed to the next steps in that tutorial: remove the "profile lock" file, etc.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Missing Firefox shortcut from All Apps menu

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Press Windows + R keys to open run window

• Type Firefox to launch firefox

If it launches, you may try to create a shortcut of it by following the steps below:

• Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer

• Select this pc and select C: drive

• Open Program files and right click on firefox and click on Shortcut on desktop.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Trouble open user in firefox - Similar Threads - Trouble open user

2. NEW USER TROUBLE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEW USER TROUBLE: I recently had a user which i deleted and created a new one in its place but now on the new user many apps ae crashing, cant download new apps etc. ive tried making it an administrator, didnt work and many other things. can someone help?...
  3. NEW USER TROUBLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEW USER TROUBLE: I recently had a user which i deleted and created a new one in its place but now on the new user many apps ae crashing, cant download new apps etc. ive tried making it an administrator, didnt work and many other things. can someone help?...
  4. Trouble with user accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble with user accounts: I bought a new computer and hooked it up in a different physical location. It came with a pre-installed Windows 10 Pro (German) installation on a 480 GB SSD and a 1 TB HDD.This computer is to work as a clone (including the same email) at the other location. The new system had...
  5. Firefox Will Not Open

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Firefox Will Not Open: I am the administrator, yet this happens. I also tried restarting and reinstalling, but those did not work. Please help! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-will-not-open/2509c43c-d674-4629-a4a2-f5c304d7d551"
  6. Having trouble viewing online forms with Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Having trouble viewing online forms with Firefox: This has been going on for several months I think. If I'm trying to fill out some sort of online form in Firefox, either I see the blank spaces I'm supposed to fill out but they're not labeled, or the function buttons like "next" or "submit" won't respond. But I can switch to...
  7. Firefox User Manual ?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox User Manual ?: I am planning to download and install Firefox on my windows 10 Home desktop computer. Is there a User Manual or introduction Guide to help me get started? I am too old-school to just wildly click around. cb 132362
  8. Firefox downloading, but not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox downloading, but not opening: *Banghead Hi all. I have posted previously on my problems in respect of Firefox downloading, but not opening. i have just completed my 15th download of Firefox with the same problem still recurring. It downloads, however, it refuses to open. I have always removed everything...
  9. FireFox and Chrome...Trouble with Amazon.com!

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox and Chrome...Trouble with Amazon.com!: If I go to Amazon.com and look at my orders or look at any item that has images you can expand both FireFox AND Chrome will freeze. IE is still OK. Not sure when this happened but I do not know if it is related to blocking popups or not. Could it be related to a Win 10...
  10. Firefox And Opening Screen ?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox And Opening Screen ?: Hello, Have made Firefox my default Browser. New user to W10. Would like Firefox to open up (full screen) as soon as I log in to W10, and not just have that very pretty flower background show. How do I do this please ? Thanks, Bob 30552