Windows 10: Trouble Opening Appilcations Whils Edge is Open

Discus and support Trouble Opening Appilcations Whils Edge is Open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I have not been able to open any other applications - particularly Excel and Word - while Microsoft Edge is open. Then as soon as I close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GaryK227, Sep 28, 2018.

1. GaryK227 Win User

Trouble Opening Appilcations Whils Edge is Open

Recently I have not been able to open any other applications - particularly Excel and Word - while Microsoft Edge is open. Then as soon as I close Edge, everything I tried to open, opens. If I tried to open Word and tried several times with no effect, as soon as I close Edge, multiple copies of Word opens.

:)

GaryK227, Sep 28, 2018
  2. GaryK227 Win User

Recently I have not been able to open any other applications - particularly Excel and Word - while Microsoft Edge is open. Then as soon as I close Edge, everything I tried to open, opens. If I tried to open Word and tried several times with no effect,
    as soon as I close Edge, multiple copies of Word opens.

GaryK227, Sep 30, 2018
  3. GaryK227 Win User

I ran sfc even though everything works fine with my computer except that Edge prevents other programs from opening. Everything works fine when I use Firefox

GaryK227, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Trouble Opening Appilcations Whils Edge is Open

You should reset Edge. Check these links, I hope it helps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/reset-microsoft-...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

JenniferCooper19, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Trouble Opening Appilcations Whils Edge is Open - Similar Threads - Trouble Opening Appilcations

2. Edge wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge wont open: Edge not opening at all. Im clicking on the app and will not open. Nothing happen. Other browser does not have issue but this one will not open. I have Windows 11. Im just using this yesterday but now not responding. I tried to restart my PC same thing. No error message not...
  3. Edge opening page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge opening page: First when I open edge it will show a unlogged pages. When I tried to click around it that's the time it will show that I'm connected. This still happens even I'm already connected to the internet. How to fix this?...
  4. Edge doesn't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge doesn't open: When I click edge chrome opens. Chrome has been uninstalled from my computer, but it still opens. Edge doesn't open. I have been through a lengthy process with chat and edge opened. Later back to chrome. Can w10 be reinstalled?...
  5. edge will not open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    edge will not open.: just got the big update a couple days ago and everything was working fine until today. i click on edge but it will not open. ive restarted my computer multiple times and it still wont work. mcaffe is up to date. sorry if this is the wrong sub submitted by /u/SafeDebate0...
  6. trouble opening Photopaint

in Windows 10 Customization
    trouble opening Photopaint: My computer has suddenly been asking my permission to open Corel Photopaint every time I want to open it which is very frequently How Do I stop it from doing this?...
  7. Edge will not open.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Edge will not open.: edge used to work but stopped working. Error says that Windows cannot find msedge.exe. I've disabled my VPN and Security software; uninstalled and reinstalled EDGE several times. I think the new Edge isn't compatible with my Surface Pro 7 but there's not another version I...
  8. Trouble open user in firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Trouble open user in firefox: I am able to log into Firefox. Two other users can not They get this message--an unexpected error has prevented your changes from being saved------. I have tried ti reset and tried ---about:config in address line to not avail. Any ideas?? 135975
  9. Unable to open Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to open Edge: I installed Bitdefender Anti Virus and removed McAfee Total Security. When I try to open Edge the blue screen comes on with the Edge symbol then does not open but goes back to previous screen., Very frustrating and Bitdefender has not come up with a solution. 74352
  10. Edge not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not opening: Upgraded from 8.1 yesterday and start menu and would not open. I then upgraded again but this time from a USB and it started working, but edge now does not open and Cortana has no internet connection although firefox works. Have upgraded yet again from USB and still no Edge ,...