Windows 10: Trouble opening files and programs since upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Trouble opening files and programs since upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since upgrading from Windows 7 I have been having some difficulty opening files and even starting programs by clicking on them. Often I have to right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Shine, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Shine Win User

Trouble opening files and programs since upgrading to Windows 10

Since upgrading from Windows 7 I have been having some difficulty opening files and even starting programs by clicking on them. Often I have to right click the icon or file and then choose open. I thought it may have been I just didn't have the right drivers for Windows 10. I have tried 2 different mice, both Logitech ( G500 and M705) and have installed the latest drivers for Windows 10 for them. However the problem persists and I usually have to right click everything and hit open. The mice seem to function fine otherwise. Anyone one else experiencing this or have any ideas?

:)

Shine, Aug 9, 2015

2. Slow file loading

Since I upgraded to Windows 10, I've been having trouble opening files in my computer, whenever I try to open a file it appears to be that the system takes time finding it and it takes a couple of minutes to open.

how can I fix this problem?

RodrigoGrandio, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Unable to open .IDK file format on Windows 10.

Original Title: Re File Extenions .IDX and Program Quick Verse 8

I have a program QuickVerse8 which has a lot of files with the extension IDX. I am unable to open these files since upgrading to Windows 10. Can you advise how I can open these files. Thank you

DerekYarwood, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Trouble opening files and programs since upgrading to Windows 10

1. Trouble opening files and programs since upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trouble opening files

2. Trouble upgrading to windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble upgrading to windows 10.: Media creation tool gives error code and the windows updating assistant is not compatible either. Any suggestions please?media creation error code0x80072f8f - 0x20000...
  3. Trouble upgrading to windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble upgrading to windows 10.: Media creation tool gives error code and the windows updating assistant is not compatible either. Any suggestions please?media creation error code0x80072f8f - 0x20000...
  4. trouble upgrading Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trouble upgrading Windows 10: I'm having trouble upgrading from Windows 10 version 1809 to Windows 10 version 1909. I'm getting this error code Last failed install attempt on ‎4/‎5/‎2020 - 0x8007042b. I have an HP notebook. What do I need to correct this, and get the Windows 10 upgrade done?...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade file, virus in the program?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade file, virus in the program?: I download the Windows 10 upgrade file. My software says it has a virus and deletes the file. How can this be resolved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-file-virus-in-the-program/e52dab4d-fafe-4849-8c27-a7ee2749436c
  6. Can't open Bitlocker encrypted files since upgrade to 1809

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open Bitlocker encrypted files since upgrade to 1809: Self built PC., O/S Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 (Build 17763.475) Processor Intel i7 8700K Memory 32GB DDR4 2400 Dual Motherboard Gygabytes AORUS Z370 Gaming K3 Revision # Rev 1.0 Graphics card ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 Turbo 8GB From aria pc 02/06/2018 Since upgrading from...
  7. Can't open Bitlocker encrypted files since upgrade to 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open Bitlocker encrypted files since upgrade to 1809: Self built PC., O/S Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 (Build 17763.475) Processor Intel i7 8700K Memory 32GB DDR4 2400 Dual Motherboard Gygabytes AORUS Z370 Gaming K3 Revision # Rev 1.0 Graphics card ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 Turbo 8GB From aria pc 02/06/2018 Since upgrading from...
  8. Programs malfunctioning since window upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs malfunctioning since window upgrade: I use bluestacks to ply some games, it suddenly did not want to start its engine. Would start loading and never start. Though it was a program that I installed, uninstalled it. Problem persisted. Uninstalled and reinstalled bluestacks same problem. tried o download DivX...
  9. Trouble granting file and program access and permissions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble granting file and program access and permissions in Windows 10: Two similar issues. 1) We recently bought a new PC. I set up myself as administrator, and set up local user accounts for my family and me. As administrator, I transferred our picture files from the old computer (using an external hard drive). I've followed instructions...
  10. Since upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Since upgrading to windows 10: Hello, New here. I upgraded to windows 10 this morning and since doing so my speakers are turned off in windows. I have hunted everywhere to turn them on and can't find how to do it and also I can not play videos on youtube. It just gives me an error. Before I upgraded both...