Windows 10: Trouble opening settings and connecting to network.

Discus and support Trouble opening settings and connecting to network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello so I have been having an issue for a few days now and am hoping someone is able to help me. I have a fairly old laptop you could say lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NotMyName66, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Trouble opening settings and connecting to network.

Hello so I have been having an issue for a few days now and am hoping someone is able to help me. I have a fairly old laptop you could say lenovo thinkpad though I haven't had many problems with it as it runs well. To get to the point I cannot open my internet settings but every other settings in the app works. I am also unable to connect to my wifi because the wifi icon has disappeared. My issue is, I cannot open internet settings and cannot connect to my wifi since the internet settings won't open up. What also has happened is that there is no list of available networks. This seems to be a

:)

NotMyName66, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 23, 2022
  3. How to set up wireless network connection?

Hello everyone...

I want to connect wireless network connection to my laptop. But I don't know why I am unable to do it.. I am getting some error. I think some configuration setting kind of error. Can you please provide me some steps so that I can get my work done.
    Thankx!!

ashleysimpson052, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Trouble opening settings and connecting to network.

Network Status Not Connected

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided in article:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows. Also check if the proxy settings are
    disabled. To check the proxy settings:

1. Open Windows Settings (Windows key + I)
    2. Then click on Network & Internet > Proxy.
    3. Toggle the option Automatically detect settings to ON.
    4. Toggle the option Use a proxy server to OFF.

Hope it helps.

Naresh_K, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Trouble opening settings and connecting to network.

1. Trouble opening settings and connecting to network. - Similar Threads - Trouble opening settings

2. Trouble opening settings and connecting to network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble opening settings and connecting to network.: Hello so I have been having an issue for a few days now and am hoping someone is able to help me. I have a fairly old laptop you could say lenovo thinkpad though I haven't had many problems with it as it runs well. To get to the point I cannot open my internet settings but...
  3. Trouble opening settings and connecting to network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble opening settings and connecting to network.: Hello so I have been having an issue for a few days now and am hoping someone is able to help me. I have a fairly old laptop you could say lenovo thinkpad though I haven't had many problems with it as it runs well. To get to the point I cannot open my internet settings but...
  4. Network Troubles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Troubles: Ahoy, we recently moved states and I’m finally setting up my PC again. Everything is set up and my machine is up and running. The only problem is my wifi always comes up as “No Internet, Secured”. I have tried all the stuff on YouTube and reset winsock and reset the drivers...
  5. Trouble Connecting Network Drive to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble Connecting Network Drive to OneDrive: New to me computer running Windows 10 -1909 build 18363.900. Encountering a problem when assigning a network drive to my OneDrive account. Connecting works fine using my OneDrive account https://d.docs.live.netnnnnnn and password, but after a reboot, restart, or sign-in,...
  6. wireless network connectivity trouble

wireless network connectivity trouble: hi everyone I am a windows insider as well as a technology geek and need wifi for everything. but recently as I updated to 1909 my computer is not showing any available network when other devices does it. even in adapter options and in the device manager the wireless network...
  7. Network connection setting

Network connection setting: I got a new router today. When connecting to the network on my laptop, for some reason the laptop was treating the connection as a ethernet connection rather than as wifi. When I was looking into this, I used a troubleshooter to try to fix it and foolishly changed a setting...
  8. Auto connect to open network

Auto connect to open network: Hi, A couple of minutes after connecting to my home network, windows WI-FI automatically disconnects and connects to an open network in the region. I must disconnect it manually and reconnect to my home network every couple of minutes. How can I solve this problem? I am...
  9. Trouble with bridged network connection.

Trouble with bridged network connection.: I've got a Windows 10 pc here connected via a wired connection and sometimes my friend comes over and we play games, also on a windows 10 pc. Normally to give him internet access I put a network cable between my pc and his through my second ethernet port (the motherboard...
  10. Trouble setting up homegroup on local network?

Trouble setting up homegroup on local network?: I have a desktop (DT) and a portable (P)-both HPs and running the same Windows 10. I believe that I have followed all instructions well, but get confusing instructions when I go to add the P to the DT (main computer). Here's what i did: I set up a homegroup on the DT and got...