Windows 10: Trouble Opening Windows 10 functions, Microsoft Edge, and printing on the Internet

Discus and support Trouble Opening Windows 10 functions, Microsoft Edge, and printing on the Internet in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having constant problems opening most Windows functions including Windows settings and Microsoft Edge. When I attempt to open them the function... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BobAndrews4, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Trouble Opening Windows 10 functions, Microsoft Edge, and printing on the Internet

I am having constant problems opening most Windows functions including Windows settings and Microsoft Edge. When I attempt to open them the function displays but disappears after one second and the screen reverts back to the starting/home screen. Similarly, when I do open Microsoft Edge I am unable to print anything from the Internet while I can print from desktop apps such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc. When I attempt to print on the Internet the Print function displays for a second and disappears just as it is the case with Windows settings. I can't begin to troubleshoot the problem because I can't open Windows Settings, Device Settings, trouble shooting functions, etc. What needs to be done to resolve this very frustrating, Catch 22 issue?

:)

BobAndrews4, Aug 22, 2019

2. Unable to print outlook.com emails in Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge

Hi ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you further could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Have you tried to check if you're able to print the email by accessing Outlook.com
      through a different Web Browser?
    • Is the issue specific to Outlook.com Emails?
    • Are you trying to print a Password Protected Email?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?

To isolate the issue I suggest you to follow the steps below to check if you are able to print from Internet Explorer.

To open the webpage in Internet Explorer:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots on the right hand top corner and select Open with Internet Explorer.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue so that we can work on it to help you better.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Print from microsoft edge

Hi Genio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let’s follow these steps and see if it fixes the issue:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print
    documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press Ctrl+P or
      More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.
    If the above steps did not work, try the next methods.

Method 2: I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Right click on the start button.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Select “Hardware and sound”.
    • Next select Devices and printers.
    • Right click on the device or printers which you need to troubleshoot and select
      troubleshoot and follow the onscreen instruction.

Hope this information helps. Reply with the status so that we could help you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 22, 2019
  4. ICXCNIKA Win User

Trouble Opening Windows 10 functions, Microsoft Edge, and printing on the Internet

Microsoft Edge Printing

It is a problem with printing when using Edge, plain and simple. Microsoft needs to fix it, not make users work harder by suggesting work arounds.

I just got a new HP Prodesk 600 PC, with Windows 10, Office 2016. Our tech dept recommends Edge over Internet Explorer now. When I use Edge to pull up a software we subscribe to that creates meeting books, then open a PDF in the book, such as an agenda,
    I get the ugly, Windows 2016, black printing page layout. My networked printer is a Ricoh MP4054. When I go into advanced settings, not all the functions are available, notably staple is not showing. (Can't insert image unfortunately)

When I use Internet Explorer, access the program and open a PDF to print, I get the standard print window with all functionality accessible and can print off mass copies stapled.

As with all changes in software that is supposedly an improvement, with fancy windows and icons instead of simple tool bars and windows, there is a loss of functionality that is more than just getting used to it.

ICXCNIKA, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Trouble Opening Windows 10 functions, Microsoft Edge, and printing on the Internet

1. Trouble Opening Windows 10 functions, Microsoft Edge, and printing on the Internet - Similar Threads - Trouble Opening functions

2. Microsoft print to PDF in Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft print to PDF in Microsoft edge: When I print using Microsoft print to PDF printer option in Microsoft Edge it asked me for the destination for the PDF file to go to, which I then choose. However, it also automatically downloads to my Downloads folder giving me two copies in two separate destination folders....
  3. Microsoft print to PDF in Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft print to PDF in Microsoft edge: When I print using Microsoft print to PDF printer option in Microsoft Edge it asked me for the destination for the PDF file to go to, which I then choose. However, it also automatically downloads to my Downloads folder giving me two copies in two separate destination folders....
  4. Fix Microsoft Edge Printing problems on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft Edge Printing problems on Windows 10: [ATTACH]A print issue can occur due to a variety of reasons. It may show […] This article Fix Microsoft Edge Printing problems on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. MIcrosoft Edge won't print

in Windows 10 Customization
    MIcrosoft Edge won't print: Hi Microsoft edge won't print, control and P doesn't work and ever when you press the 3 dot and try to print from there it doesn't work. I can print off other browsers and word....
  6. trouble opening microsoft mindsweeper in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trouble opening microsoft mindsweeper in windows 10.: why can't you fix this common problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-opening-microsoft-mindsweeper-in-windows/429a8ce8-6fe6-4f1f-9e6a-6da85e645cb4
  7. Trouble Opening Appilcations Whils Edge is Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble Opening Appilcations Whils Edge is Open: Recently I have not been able to open any other applications - particularly Excel and Word - while Microsoft Edge is open. Then as soon as I close Edge, everything I tried to open, opens. If I tried to open Word and tried several times with no effect, as soon as I close Edge,...
  8. Does Microsoft Edge function as part of Internet Explorer?

in Browsers and Email
    Does Microsoft Edge function as part of Internet Explorer?: A few days ago I noticed in the task managers App History tab that Edge had logged 925 MB in the past month, more than all other applications combined. When I went to Edge settings, I tried to delete saved history etc.. I turns out I wound up deleting saved log-ins and...
  9. Enable or Disable Printing in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Printing in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Printing in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Printing in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster,...
  10. Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer: How to: Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer How to Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...