Windows 10: Trouble playing video

Discus and support Trouble playing video in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I uploaded a video from my phone samsung galaxy s9, and the screen is black, and only the audio plays. Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bihzrd, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Bihzrd Win User

Trouble playing video

So I uploaded a video from my phone samsung galaxy s9, and the screen is black, and only the audio plays. Help!

:)

Bihzrd, Feb 10, 2020

2. Trouble playing videos after windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

Please share the following details:

• Do you face the same issue while playing the saved videos?

• What happens when you try to play videos?

• Is this issue confined to any specific video file or with all the video files?

• What is the file format of the Video file?

• Have you tried playing videos using Internet Explorer?
    If not, try to play using Internet Explorer and check for the issue.

I suggest you to try the below methods:

Method 1: Run the Video Playback troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Video Playback.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: I suggest you to delete browsing history, cookies and cached and check.

• Open Microsoft edge and click on () button.
    • Go to settings and click on Choose what to clear
      tab under clear browsing data.
    • And clear browsing history, cached and cookies.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us with the required information to help you further. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Trouble playing video

Video trouble w/ Windows 10

Hi Beverly,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to play the videos from phone or camera after Windows 10 update. We will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know, which video player are you using to view/play the videos?

Step 1: I suggest you to copy the content from phone or camera on the local disc of your computer and check if you able to play the videos.

Step 2: Also, try to run the troubleshooter and check:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box on the desktop screen and hit
      Enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all option on the upper left corner.

• Click on Video Playback and follow the onscreen instruction.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Trouble playing video

1. Trouble playing video - Similar Threads - Trouble playing video

2. Videos not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos not playing: Hello folks,Last week videos would not play online. Didn't matter which browser.I could open the video and it would show the content, load it, etc. But it would not play.I updated everything audio, windows 10, video driver, etcNothing helped. I switched to the default audio...
  3. Videos not playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos not playing: Hello folks,Last week videos would not play online. Didn't matter which browser.I could open the video and it would show the content, load it, etc. But it would not play.I updated everything audio, windows 10, video driver, etcNothing helped. I switched to the default audio...
  4. Video? troubles

Video? troubles: I'm not quite sure what to look up I just know my problem couldn't be that complicated. New laptop and works great. The only problem is that in 'videos' just not youtube like online classes or some games like league of legends or diablo3, the video freezes and nothing...
  5. play video

play video: video plays for 2 minutes when says hour play error OxcOOd3a9a cant play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-video/18b66a8b-579a-4900-8df1-955033124170
  6. Trouble playing games and trouble scrolling.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble playing games and trouble scrolling.: Since the long lengthy update of Microsoft, I have had trouble playing games on different sites (hesitates when making moves) and also scrolling when reading articles. How can this be corrected???...
  7. Video's will not play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video's will not play: Hello, My laptop (acer) is only 4 years old and it suddenly won't play my videos - I downloaded video's that I originally filmed on my phone and they have played on my laptop in the past but now it suddenly won't. My Windows Media Player suddenly won't play them. Also my...
  8. Technical Trouble with Media Player/Videos not Playing

Technical Trouble with Media Player/Videos not Playing: Having technical issues with my media player not working/videos not playing. This error just came up. Undefined Error Code" Append_Buffer_Err Failed to execute appendBuffer or SourceBuffer: The HTML MediaElement. error is not null. Any clue what I should do....
  9. Trouble with playing videos in Windows 10 (frame freeze).

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble with playing videos in Windows 10 (frame freeze).: I have been having problem with playing videos on my laptop since a week. When watch movies (any quality), after 2 or 3 minutes the video will freeze frames and if I move my mouse it gets okay for the next couple of minutes. This happens every time unless I use GOM player....
  10. Videos will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    Videos will not play: Worked fine yesterday and now today any browser that tries to load a video freezes. Any video I try to start with media player or VLC just starts to load up and stops, nothing happens. Have been searching for fixes, Cleared internet history cache, checked in control panel...