Windows 10: Trouble Printing From Office (multiple versions) After Windows Update 1903

Discus and support Trouble Printing From Office (multiple versions) After Windows Update 1903 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, We are having significant trouble printing at our company with devices that have completed the 1903 update. Initially, we thought it may have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James Ferra, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Trouble Printing From Office (multiple versions) After Windows Update 1903

Hello,

We are having significant trouble printing at our company with devices that have completed the 1903 update. Initially, we thought it may have been a bug with Office 2016, but have since had the issue appear on devices running Office 365 Business and 365 ProPlus. We have run through the basics of checking for latest updates to Office and Windows, delete and reinstall printer drivers from manufacturers websites, and used the Troubleshooter. We now think that the issue lies directly with Office and/or Windows because we are also unable to print to PDF using the Microsoft Print to PDF driver.

In our troubleshooting, we found that we are also unable to print from Notepad, but we are able to print from other applications like Chrome and Adobe Reader. We also have one user using a Surface Pro 6 that is having this issue as well.

So far, our only solution is to uninstall the 1903 update if we can catch it soon enough. There are some users though that do not print often and have had the update installed for more than 10 days, and we are no longer able to uninstall 1903.

Are there any other options to try and resolve this?

:)

James Ferra, Aug 6, 2019

2. Trouble Printing From Office (multiple versions) After Windows Update 1903

Hello,

We are having significant trouble printing at our company with devices that have completed the 1903 update. Initially, we thought it may have been a bug with Office 2016, but have since had the issue appear on devices running Office 365 Business and 365
    ProPlus. We have run through the basics of checking for latest updates to Office and Windows, delete and reinstall printer drivers from manufacturers websites, and used the Troubleshooter. We now think that the issue lies directly with Office and/or Windows
    because we are also unable to print to PDF using the Microsoft Print to PDF driver.

In our troubleshooting, we found that we are also unable to print from Notepad, but we are able to print from other applications like Chrome and Adobe Reader. We also have one user using a Surface Pro 6 that is having this issue as well.

So far, our only solution is to uninstall the 1903 update if we can catch it soon enough. There are some users though that do not print often and have had the update installed for more than 10 days, and we are no longer able to uninstall 1903.

Are there any other options to try and resolve this?

James Ferra, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Trouble Printing From Office (multiple versions) After Windows Update 1903

Unfortunately, it didn't work. The symptoms are the same. When we try to print, a job goes to the print spooler, then a half second later the job is gone, as if it went to the printer. However, the printers have no record of receiving the print job. We
    just learned of another user that is having the same trouble now, but they are not on 1903 yet. So now the problem has become even more strange. We are now looking at update KB4507469 as a possible culprit, however, there are a few users that have it installed
    and are not having any issue.

James at Illes, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Trouble Printing From Office (multiple versions) After Windows Update 1903

Problem printing multiple copies

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to print multiple copies using your Brother MFC-LW8900CDW printer, we will look into this for you.

I would suggest you to try steps mentioned in When
    printing multiple copies or a multi-page document, only a single copy or page is printed - Windows
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to restart Print Spooler service. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key
      + R, to open Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down, look for Print Spooler, right click on it and select
      Properties.
    4. Select Automatic from the drop down for
      Startup type.
    5. Click on Start to start the service and click on
      OK.

You may also refer the Brother article
    How to print multiple copies or use the collate feature within the Windows printer driver

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Trouble Printing From Office (multiple versions) After Windows Update 1903

1. Trouble Printing From Office (multiple versions) After Windows Update 1903 - Similar Threads - Trouble Printing Office

2. multiple versions of office?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    multiple versions of office?: i have wreaked havoc on my system by trying to have multiple versions of office installed. i would like: word 2003, word 2016 excel 2016 powerpoint 2016 outlook 2007 for most of it, i'm ok, but outlook gives me problems. outlook 2016 search does not work at all, and on ol...
  3. Windows will not update after Version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows will not update after Version 1903: My Windows 10 has not updated since Aug. 21, 2019. The Windows Update says updates has not been checked since 2019.09.16. System specs, state Windows 10 Home, 1903, 18362.356. I keep clicking check and retry every few weeks, but Microsoft or my install doesn't appear to...
  4. Printer does not print windows version 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer does not print windows version 1903: document appears in the print que but will not print.. Have been getting updates. HP 2175 all in one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-does-not-print-windows-version-1903/233ee3b6-f103-4d4b-a090-db6cbf265e77
  5. Windows update version 1903

Windows update version 1903: My computer has downloaded the update yet, when I restart the computer to install the update. there is no attempt to install the update just a normal restart happens. after the restart i am prompted to restart the computer to install update again but no update gets installed...
  6. Printing after windows 10 update 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing after windows 10 update 1903: Desktop doesn't print after installing the 1903 update to Windows 10. When I try to print it tries to put the information into a file. When I click on the printer icon on the screen it wants to install a new device, however the printer is already listed as the default...
  7. Trouble updating to Windows 1903

Trouble updating to Windows 1903: I have tried upgrading a few months ago and here I am again trying to update my computer from Windows 10 1809 to 1903 again. It's the same problem and I'll explain it. Basically, I think there's something to do with Windows not recognizing or working well with the GPU(s). I...
  8. Office products slow after Windows 10, version 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Office products slow after Windows 10, version 1903 update: My computer is less than a year old and was lightning fast until Windows update version 1903. The impact to most of the computer has been minimal but to office products they have become unbearably slow. Before that update, Office products were very quick. I am running...
  9. Windows update to version 1903

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows update to version 1903: I am at my wits end with the many failed attempt's to update windows 10 to version 1903. If I do a factory reset on my computer, will that allow my system to update to the current version of Windows? Thanks....
  10. Windows 10 Version 1903 Printing Problem

Windows 10 Version 1903 Printing Problem: Installed Version 1903 via UPDATE. Seemed like the update went well. The big problem for me was when I attempted to print anything no matter what program was in use. Every time I tried to print it would go to the SAVE function. I could never print anything. I do not and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update trouble printing

2. cant print from surface pro after windows 10 pro version 1903 update