Windows 10: Trouble reading micro sd card.

Discus and support Trouble reading micro sd card. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there. I've been having an issue with micro sd cards lately. I own a 1 and half year old Acer Switch hybrid notebook and have used a 64gb class... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daniel-Lucas, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Trouble reading micro sd card.

Hello there. I've been having an issue with micro sd cards lately. I own a 1 and half year old Acer Switch hybrid notebook and have used a 64gb class 10 card with it from day 1. After about an year, windows explorer began to freeze when trying to read from the card, and would only work again if i removed it. The issue became progressively worse until i decided to replace the card. I used a 32gb class 4 this time. It worked well. To my suprise, the 64gb card worked perfectly with any other device i own. A few weeks later, the problem came back and, again, i replaced the card with a smaller one. The same happened again. The card works on other devices and the smaller card worked on the computer. This issue kept repeating itself and i kept replacing the cards with smaller ones until the day my computer no longer reads any sd cards i own. Some cards freeze windows explorer every time i try to access it, some cards don't even show up in disk manager... no driver or hardware issues are detected in device manager... all my cards work on other devices. I would like to know if there's a chance this is not a hardware issue. Thank you.

:)

Daniel-Lucas, Feb 28, 2019
  2. dorsetknob, Feb 28, 2019
  3. micro sd cards does not read

Original title: can no longer read micro sd cards

I have tried 3 cards, 2 adaptors and they work in my wifes but not in mine.

can nolonger read micro sd cards

samuelpardy, Feb 28, 2019
  4. john_ Win User

Trouble reading micro sd card.

Micro sd to sd card adaptor...

Wow... That's expensive considering that the opposite adapter sells for about a dollar.

This looks much cheaper. I believe does the same job. And it should be much cheaper. If I am not mistaken these are passive adapters.

SD to Micro SD Card Extension Cable Adapter Flexible Extender Cable 24 inch Long | eBay $4.74

Trouble reading micro sd card. adapter-png.png

john_, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Trouble reading micro sd card.

1. Trouble reading micro sd card. - Similar Threads - Trouble reading micro

2. micro sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    micro sd card: when i plug in my micro sd card via usb adapter, the notification sound happens. but when i go into 'my computer', it's just 'removable disk M', and can't be opened, saying please insert a disk. if i remove the micro sd card then that 'removable disk M' disappears altogether,...
  3. micro sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    micro sd card: when i plug in my micro sd card via usb adapter, the notification sound happens. but when i go into 'my computer', it's just 'removable disk M', and can't be opened, saying please insert a disk. if i remove the micro sd card then that 'removable disk M' disappears altogether,...
  4. micro sd card

5. Micro sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Micro sd card: I bought a NUIFLASH 128gb micro card plus adapter. My laptop won't reconize the sd card. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/micro-sd-card/211f80ed-4190-4aa7-838a-5cc0978618ed
  6. pc not reading micro sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pc not reading micro sd card: pc not reading micro sd card or adapter ...is ok with full size sd card [ps. same with different pc] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-not-reading-micro-sd-card/b7b64ffa-942f-4e1b-956c-2a58307c9f62
  7. micro SD Card

micro SD Card: windows 10 won't find a micro SD Card How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/micro-sd-card/cd22d18b-c247-427d-8981-e9cccc253c13
  8. micro sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    micro sd card: Hi. I have a Lenovo ideapad 330. what is the best micro sd card I can buy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/micro-sd-card/fd143a53-6490-41ac-a9e0-68985f3ecbd4"
  9. micro sd cards

micro sd cards: so ive recently discovered a problem on my windows 10 machine that it doesnt correctly read large micro sd cards, but does correctly pick up smaller size ones. i also have a laptop that ive check, which correctly disaplys the large mirco sd card tho. itll be nice to know why...
  10. micro sd card

micro sd card: how can you play a video from the micro sd card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/micro-sd-card/6b3649a7-4998-4708-889e-17393ae74f39