Windows 10: trouble recognizing .jpg files

Discus and support trouble recognizing .jpg files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently bought a new computer and transferred all of my old photos over, which are .jpg files. When I go in through my folders (thru my desktop, for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Elle, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Elle Win User

trouble recognizing .jpg files

I recently bought a new computer and transferred all of my old photos over, which are .jpg files. When I go in through my folders (thru my desktop, for example) they are there. When I go in through a website (to upload) or to load some pictures to a slideshow on my desktop, they disappear. I know they're there, and the thumbnails are there in the folders, but when open the folder, it's "empty." I have set the recommended photo viewer. The problem is not that they won't open, it is that they're not there. Thoughts?

:)

Elle, Mar 9, 2019

2. backup drive not recognized

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the external backup is not being recognized. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check for status.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 9, 2019
  3. BrianMBC Win User
    Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Mar 9, 2019
  4. trouble recognizing .jpg files

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

trouble recognizing .jpg files

1. trouble recognizing .jpg files - Similar Threads - trouble recognizing jpg

2. jpg files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    jpg files: Has anyone else had a problem opening jpg files since the 11/29 update? jpgs wouldn't open until I uninstalled that update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-files/10e3a9b6-3231-4718-bbcf-d28e78999765
  3. jpg files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    jpg files: Has anyone else had a problem opening jpg files since the 11/29 update? jpgs wouldn't open until I uninstalled that update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-files/10e3a9b6-3231-4718-bbcf-d28e78999765
  4. jpg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jpg files: I have some pictures that will not open due to jpg file, no instruction is complete enough to fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-files/f9f080be-6835-4841-8ca6-d4fc33edf4ee
  5. JPG Files

JPG Files: On my external hard drive some of the files have changed from JPEG to JPG. I did not do this change. I currently use Windows Photos to view my pictures however it does not open up the JPG files even though according to Microsoft it should. I have tried other programs as...
  6. .jpg files

.jpg files: Need access to my .jpg files from a trip in 2011 Cannot even see .jpg files on flash drive I saved to or with PPoint files I created Using Windows 10 How do I gain access to these pictures?? Deadline today...please let me know ASAP Thanks for your help with this...
  7. Outlook not recognizing default app for .jpg files.

Outlook not recognizing default app for .jpg files.: Hello, I have a coworker who has .jpg files emailed to him on a regular bases and whenever he has to open one up, he is prompted with the default app popup each time he goes to open a new .jpg. It's set to default to windows photo reader and it will work everywhere else...
  8. Windows 10 not recognizing jpg files

Windows 10 not recognizing jpg files: When I plug in a camera mini disc windows displays a sign that it doesn't recognize the content on the disc (which is jpg) and asks if I want to format the disc. How is this corrected?...
  9. jpg files

jpg files: How do I find a list of ALL jpg files ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-files/f29ff852-90b7-44c2-8b80-3e54545bb296"
  10. jpg files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    jpg files: Hi , I have a folder which shows the photo icons on a number of files with strings of numbers and occasional letters ending with file type jpg when I try to open them with photo or another viewer it tells me that the app does not support that file type, both apps do open...