Windows 10: trouble reinstalling / reset windows 10

Discus and support trouble reinstalling / reset windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hello , after i felt my pc was slower and my ssd was no longer booting that fast after some windows update a month ago ( i also have a weird bug with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cocoiito, Aug 14, 2020.

1. trouble reinstalling / reset windows 10

hello , after i felt my pc was slower and my ssd was no longer booting that fast after some windows update a month ago ( i also have a weird bug with administator permission creating file ) i wanted to reset windows 10, but i always get and error ( there was a problem ... no changes were made )

so i tried to reinstall it using my usbdrive but it won't let me do it because my ssd or all my harddrive are gpt , my motherboard(msi b350 tomahawk) boot in uefi so everything should be allright ? i don't understand where the problem is because i already reinstalled windows 10 or reset my pc in the past and since the only change i made was changing my case fan speed in the bios

my windows 10 is family with the 1909 update

and is it normal for my efi system partition to have a size of 128gb on my 480gb ssd?

submitted by /u/Cocoiito
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cocoiito, Aug 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 14, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

trouble reinstalling / reset windows 10

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! trouble reinstalling / reset windows 10 :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

trouble reinstalling / reset windows 10

1. trouble reinstalling / reset windows 10 - Similar Threads - trouble reinstalling reset

2. Trouble Reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Reseting: I have a very old computer and I think to make it run better I can reset the computer to get rid of all the bloatware. Although, I can't access the owner user account due to forgetting the pin and Microsoft pin. When I click "I forgot my pin" it just says to go to setting and...
  3. Trouble Reseting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble Reseting: I have a very old computer and I think to make it run better I can reset the computer to get rid of all the bloatware. Although, I can't access the owner user account due to forgetting the pin and Microsoft pin. When I click "I forgot my pin" it just says to go to setting and...
  4. Trouble Reseting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trouble Reinstalling Windows 10

Trouble Reinstalling Windows 10: I have recently tried to completely reinstall Windows 10, as it has been giving me lots of trouble. But I got a message saying "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." I tried running System File Checker to fix it, but it simply said "Windows Resource...
  6. Trouble resetting Dell laptop with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble resetting Dell laptop with windows 10: Today I decided to reset my laptop, erasing all files and programs and starting fresh. The performance was suboptimal and I didnt have anything too important on it. However, when i get to a screen asking me my home country, preferred language, keyboard layout, and time zone,...
  7. Activation Troubles after Reinstall Windows 10

Activation Troubles after Reinstall Windows 10: I had a working activated copy of Windows 10 on my laptop, however, I had a problem with it within the last couple months with Windows Explorer restarting every few seconds so I was ultimately forced to reinstall Windows 10. I think I had Windows Home edition on it before...
  8. resetting and reinstalling windows 10

resetting and reinstalling windows 10: Ok i am about to reset my pc as gaming performance is bad my bios is UEFI . Question is should delete secure boot keys in bios or load defaults after deletion before reinstalling windows thanks 140119
  9. Trouble after windows reset

Trouble after windows reset: So, i reset my pc through the windows settings menu. To be more specific : settings > update & security > recovery > reset this pc > remove everything > all drives > just remove my files. Its not the first time i reset a pc, so i let it do its job. When it finally finished...
  10. Reset or reinstall Windows 10

Reset or reinstall Windows 10: I wonder if reinstalling Windows Using the Rcovery system, I will have the same copy of the one I had previously installed on my computer or I have to get a new one. Because when I clean a virus, the virus leave damage to the system....