Windows 10: Trouble removing Microsoft account on new PC - Windows 10

Discus and support Trouble removing Microsoft account on new PC - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought a new PC and when setting it up connected to WiFi so it made me finish the set up using my Microsoft account. I prefer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CaraLou12, Apr 1, 2020.

1. CaraLou12 Win User

Trouble removing Microsoft account on new PC - Windows 10

Hello,

I recently bought a new PC and when setting it up connected to WiFi so it made me finish the set up using my Microsoft account. I prefer to use a local account as I have several PCs and they're all used for different things so I don't want them syncing settings or data.

I managed to set up my local account afterwards and then removed my Microsoft account once I was finished.

Several times now Windows has logged me out whilst I've been actively using it and upon logging in I get a message in the notification centre that there's an issue with my account and when I go back to the Email & account pages my Microsoft account has reappeared despite me removing it.

How can I stop this happening? It's interrupting my work and losing my data when it logs me out. This is happening several times a day. I've tried just leaving my Microsoft account on there but the same thing happens and I'd rather not have to reinstall Windows just to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

:)

CaraLou12, Apr 1, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 1, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Trouble removing Microsoft account on new PC - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trouble removing Microsoft

2. Windows 10 Microsoft account removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft account removal: Hi! I was meeting up with someone, and they asked me how to use Cortana. So I put my MS account on their laptop temporarily so I could show them. After that I logged out, but then later in the PC login I saw my picture. I checked settings, and my account was there. I tried...
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft account removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Microsoft account removal: Hi! I was meeting up with someone, and they asked me how to use Cortana. So I put my MS account on their laptop temporarily so I could show them. After that I logged out, but then later in the PC login I saw my picture. I checked settings, and my account was there. I tried...
  4. Windows 10 Microsoft account removal

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Troubling Installing Windows on New PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Troubling Installing Windows on New PC: I built my own PC yesterday and I have had trouble installing Windows 10 on it. I tried downloading the install tool to a USB flash drive, setting the PC to boot from the flash drive, and restarting the PC. After I do that, the screen just says: "reboot and select proper boot...
  6. Having trouble downloading windows 10 on new PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble downloading windows 10 on new PC: I just built my first PC and when I booted it up everything in bios looked like it was working. I downloaded windows 10 installation media onto a usb, plugged it into my PC and restarted it. I started installing windows and everything looked good until I had to choose what to...
  7. Trouble removing a microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble removing a microsoft account: Hey all, As far as editing internal computer settings other than superficial ones, I do not have too much experience. So, my apologies ahead of time. When I bought this computer & filled in my info as Administrator as I first turned it on, etc - my email address was...
  8. Activating Windows 10 on a new PC with a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 on a new PC with a Microsoft Account: So basically I have recently bought a brand new PC. I have created an Installation media on my USB drive for Windows 10 installation. I have Windows 10 on my current PC that is linked to my Microsoft account. How would I transfer that licence to my new PC in order to...
  9. Windows 10 Time Sync Trouble (New PC)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Time Sync Trouble (New PC): I have a 5 year old desktop that will not sync the time automatically. It's been driving me crazy for around a year and I've never been able to fix it. I bought a new XPS tower and set it up today. The time won't sync on it either! Do I just have bad luck or has anyone else...
  10. Windows 10 Remove new Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Remove new Accounts: I'm not able to remove some sort of hidden account? Screenshot - 17d2851495831139a2208a025c6feeda - Gyazo I am the only administrator on this account and there are no other accounts / guest account active. No accounts are showing up under Settings > Accounts also....