Windows 10: Trouble removing registries in regedit

Discus and support Trouble removing registries in regedit in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi For over a year now I've noticed that my chrome is being "managed". I have no idea what this is and noticed about 8 months ago that an extension I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by scoutvan den bergh, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Trouble removing registries in regedit

Hi

For over a year now I've noticed that my chrome is being "managed". I have no idea what this is and noticed about 8 months ago that an extension I used before has been sold and some redirect virus plugged into it. Once I found out 1-2 days I immediately deleted it and did scans etc and found nothing. Now I really want to remove this "browser is being managed" so I tried to follow this https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/9844476?hl=en#zippy=%2Cwindows But I'm unable to delete certain registries and I notice there is a weird account with permissions random numbers. How do I get rid of this and how can I possibly do like a factory reset just for pc settings or if I actually would have a virus or something that's messed up would my storage also be affected?

Thanks in advance!

:)

scoutvan den bergh, Feb 5, 2021

2. Need oblivion registry and a couple other things...

Solaris, try this out:

(Make sure you are installing it on an Administrator account, not local user)

1.) Copy any saved games that you want to keep to a new folder (create a new folder and copy or move C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves folder into it using Explorer)

2.) Copy and save any Mods that you want to keep (Or as a better alternative redownload the mods that you want to install - this will ensure that you get clean installs of them also including any updates since the last install)

3.) Set a system restore Point - To do this: Go to START - Help and support - Under "Pick a Task", select "Undo changes to your computer with SYSTEM RESTORE", then check create a restore point and follow the steps. (this is just in case something goes wrong you can restore your system to this point - should not be needed but better safe than sorry)

** Note for steps 4 through 9 if the file or folder is not there skip to the next step **

4.) Go to Add/remove programs and uninstall Oblivion (If it shows on the list). If the add/remove procedure results in an error - skip to the next step and continue as it will still remove the game with the remaining steps.

5.) After or If the uninstall finishes go to Start - Run - type regedit - hit Enter - click on the + sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, click on the + sign next to SOFTWARE, click on the + sign next to BETHESDA SOFTWORKS, right click on Oblivion (if it is still there) and then delete.

6.)Now still in Regedit find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{35CB6715-41F8-4F99-8881-6FC75BF054B0} and delete it the same way you deleted oblivion in the last step.(If it is still there - this is the uninstall key for add\remove programs)

7.)close regedit.

8.)Go into explorer find the C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder (if it is still there) and delete it.

9.)find the folder C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Games\Oblivion (Substitute your username for USERNAME) and delete it (Again if it is still there)

By doing this it will delete all traces of the game from your computer .

If deleting the stuff from the registry doesn't work or you're still getting uninstallation errors, one way to get around it is to go into Safe Mode and run the setup.exe file from the disc. That was the only way I could install this game onto my old P4....

Do post if you need more help (I'm an avid Oblivion-er!) *Big Grin Trouble removing registries in regedit :D

This is how it all appears in my reg, but I don't know if it's this that you're asking for?

Black Panther, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Regedit Values

Hey AlindApoorva!

You can view the name and contents of any Windows registry by:

• Opening Windows Run (Windows key + R)
    • Typing "regedit" into it and pressing enter.
    • The sidebar will contain a list of practically every registry available in Windows. You can browse this directory, and then double-click the registries that appear in the main pane to view and edit their values.

Nat Riddle, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Darkfalz Win User

Trouble removing registries in regedit

Can NOT remove ATITool registry key!

It's low priority to stop ATITool from making undeletable class keys in the reigstry?

That's about one rung above spyware.

What bothers me most is that I'm pretty sure you can't protect a registry key by any simple means, something must still be running somewhat that is protecting that key. Even after I manually removed the service. That's what bothers me.

Darkfalz, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Trouble removing registries in regedit

1. Trouble removing registries in regedit - Similar Threads - Trouble removing registries

2. Cannot import registry key into regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot import registry key into regedit: When i try to import .reg file into regedit it says that file is not .reg file,any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-import-registry-key-into-regedit/2607614e-56de-4287-9b37-58f70d495277
  3. Is the registry (regedit) "live?"

in Windows 10 Support
    Is the registry (regedit) "live?": Say I have regedit open and I make some changes on my system that affect the registry. Does regedit know about those changes, or do I have to stop and restart regedit? 167611
  4. I removed a large regedit folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I removed a large regedit folder: Hey, I tried to delete a registry file, but I accidentally removed the entire software folder in "local machine" now I cannot log in to windows, what can I do? (Also, I don't think I can turn it on in safe mode, cause the restart option does not work that well) submitted by...
  5. Question about Windows 10 registry/regedit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Windows 10 registry/regedit: I recently combined a registry file, what will happen if i combine it one more time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-windows-10-registryregedit/ad7352da-e5d3-4082-bb19-47e9226d396c
  6. Accidently deleted a registry key in Regedit

Accidently deleted a registry key in Regedit: I accidently deleted a registry key value located in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection. I was attempting to delete one that I had previously created earlier this evening for another attempted fix (AllowTelemetry). The deleted item...
  7. "regedit" not showing all keys, Hidden Registry entries

"regedit" not showing all keys, Hidden Registry entries: I just try software and Windows get broken and startup fail. By the software FAQ guide, they say to copy SYSTEM registry hive to another PC and load it, then do 8 steps to remove their driver and service. On problematic machine this key wasn't visible, but on other same...
  8. Registry settings in Regedit

Registry settings in Regedit: I am unable to get copyprofile to work on the Creator's version of Windows 10. I have been using registry settings to get it the way I want it. This is probably a silly request but I want to find it. Typically in my custom default profile, I open regedit to a full window...
  9. Regedit crashes during registry searches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regedit crashes during registry searches: When I run a regedit search I am guaranteed that regedit will get stuck every single time while displaying the "Searching the registry" message box. When I eventually click the cancel button, I get the message that regedit has stopped working. I can repeat ad-nauseum, even...
  10. Exporting registry with regedit "hangs"

in Windows 10 Support
    Exporting registry with regedit "hangs": I have recently noticed that exporting my registry "hangs" forever. I did a little investigation and found that there appears to be a looping entry into the exported registry keys:...