Windows 10: Trouble Replacing Bluetooth Adapter

Discus and support Trouble Replacing Bluetooth Adapter in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Dell Vostro came with an embedded Bluetooth adapter. However, I have had so many issues with bluetooth, that I decided to get a new adapter from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Z_A_S, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Z_A_S Win User

Trouble Replacing Bluetooth Adapter

My Dell Vostro came with an embedded Bluetooth adapter. However, I have had so many issues with bluetooth, that I decided to get a new adapter from Amazon. I installed the adapter and tried uninstalling the embedded adapter from Device Manager though the embedded adapter keeps reappearing after I turn off/on again. I believe my computer is still using the embedded adapter, and not the new adapter. See image below. What can I do to fix this?

:)

Z_A_S, Jan 27, 2022
  2. mrgeek Win User

troubles with my Realtek WLAN/BlueTooth adapter

"Anyone any idea how to install the drivers mentioned above? As Windows Update does not 'see' them."
    It does not see them because that is your list of hidden updates. You can simply check the ones you want to go thru and the next Windows Update will see them but auto install, so be careful if you don't actually want them.

"I am having troubles with my Realtek WLAN/BlueTooth adapter, so I would like to try a driver update."
    Best thing to do and not screw up the list of Hidden Updates you already have, is go to Device Manager (Win+X), expand Bluetooth to see installed drivers. Then r-click the driver/Update Driver Software/Search automatically ... If there is a newer one, it will auto install. Test, if not happy roll back by doing same steps except click Properties and use roll back option. Good Luck

Trouble Replacing Bluetooth Adapter [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jan 27, 2022
  3. Aliz Win User
    Promate Bluetooth™ 4.0 USB Adapter !

Hello Everyone

I have just bought the above mentioned bluetooth adapter but unfortunately cant manage to connect my bluetooth headset with it (does not find the device in pairing mode, keeps searching)! I have downloaded and installed the latest driver for this device from the promate website. Any suggestions?

OS - Win7 64 bit

4. ANO
    Ano Win User

troubles with my Realtek WLAN/BlueTooth adapter

No, this is the list of available updates, according to wushowhide.diagcab. I can tick them in order to hide them, not to unhide them, really. All of them are unticked. But these driver updates are not available through 'normal' Windows Update, unfortunately.

I tried that earlier, but no updates were available.
    Still, because the RTL8723BS is not working well, I hope theree is actually an update available, as the above list seems to say...

Thema:

1. Trouble Replacing Bluetooth Adapter - Similar Threads - Trouble Replacing Bluetooth

2. Trouble with replacement microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with replacement microphone: My AKG 600 YC Bluetooth headphones show as Headphones in System > Sound Output and as a headset in System > Sound Input but when I plug in the microphone both Headphones and Headset disappear and I cannot connect with the microphone plugged in, but if I remove the microphone...
  3. Trouble with replacement microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with replacement microphone: My AKG 600 YC Bluetooth headphones show as Headphones in System > Sound Output and as a headset in System > Sound Input but when I plug in the microphone both Headphones and Headset disappear and I cannot connect with the microphone plugged in, but if I remove the microphone...
  4. Trouble Replacing Bluetooth Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble Replacing Bluetooth Adapter: My Dell Vostro came with an embedded Bluetooth adapter. However, I have had so many issues with bluetooth, that I decided to get a new adapter from Amazon. I installed the adapter and tried uninstalling the embedded adapter from Device Manager though the embedded adapter...
  5. Trouble Replacing Bluetooth Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Replacing Bluetooth Adapter: My Dell Vostro came with an embedded Bluetooth adapter. However, I have had so many issues with bluetooth, that I decided to get a new adapter from Amazon. I installed the adapter and tried uninstalling the embedded adapter from Device Manager though the embedded adapter...
  6. How to set up a Bluetooth adapter replacement in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up a Bluetooth adapter replacement in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows drivers make their corresponding devices function. This is the same as the Bluetooth […] This article How to set up a Bluetooth adapter replacement in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Bluetooth trouble

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth trouble: [ATTACH] Hi. Recently got a Bluetooth keyboard, and a dongle to go with it in my Desktop PC, but I can't connect them at all. I can connect other devices, such as headphones and phone to the dongle, and I can connect my keyboard to my laptop and my phone, but no to the PC....
  8. Bluetooth trouble

Bluetooth trouble: Hi. My laptop is HP Pavilion 360. And I have a Bluetooth headphone Audio-technica ATH-SR30BT and it's not working properly with my laptop. I tried all the troubleshooting methods but to no avail. I wonder what exactly is the problem or if they're not compatible with each...
  9. Trying to replace Bluetooth adapter with dongle.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to replace Bluetooth adapter with dongle.: Hello, I'm having trouble maintaining a connection with the default adapter and decided to buy a dongle on amazon. I have installed the proper drivers and disabled the previous device. unfortunately, when I go to connect to Bluetooth, I'm receiving a message that Bluetooth...
  10. troubles with my Realtek WLAN/BlueTooth adapter

troubles with my Realtek WLAN/BlueTooth adapter: Update: The wuhideshow tool works as advertised, thanks! I still have a strange issue. A number of pages back I was able to set turn on automatic device driver installation from Windows Update. First the option was greyed out but now it is set to "Yes": [img] So far so...