Windows 10: Trouble Resetting my HP PC

Discus and support Trouble Resetting my HP PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have been through the process of resetting my PC on three separate occasions in an attempt to improve its performance. Each time it falls... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Adam24660356, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Trouble Resetting my HP PC

Hi,

I have been through the process of resetting my PC on three separate occasions in an attempt to improve its performance.

Each time it falls down at the last stage.

I've followed all of the steps and was looking to delete all files so that it is a virgin PC when resetting has been completed.

Each time the process fell over was at the final stage when I was given the option to choose to navigate back to Windows 10.

Once selected I get the message 'there was a problem' no changes have been made to your computer and I end up at on my desktop screen with everything intact.

Can anyone help?

:)

Adam24660356, Mar 24, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 24, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

Trouble Resetting my HP PC

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Trouble Resetting my HP PC

1. Trouble Resetting my HP PC - Similar Threads - Trouble Resetting

2. This Graphics driver error has put me in a trouble after resetting pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This Graphics driver error has put me in a trouble after resetting pc: One day I turned on my laptop and saw that the disk space was neglibly free. I found out that there is literally nothing much usefull there... So I simply reset my laptop.To my surprise after the reset process, while setup, these random horizontal lines are being displayed...
  3. This Graphics driver error has put me in a trouble after resetting pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This Graphics driver error has put me in a trouble after resetting pc: One day I turned on my laptop and saw that the disk space was neglibly free. I found out that there is literally nothing much usefull there... So I simply reset my laptop.To my surprise after the reset process, while setup, these random horizontal lines are being displayed...
  4. Windows 10 reset trouble: installation application keeps restarting due to bad ? Internet...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reset trouble: installation application keeps restarting due to bad ? Internet...: Hi there, I've got a problem fully resetting Windows 10 on my laptop. So every time I restart my laptop the installation still must be in progress it loads for a moment and then reboots, throwing me to the menu with "Hello, choose your language" bars. After completing the...
  5. Windows 10 reset trouble: installation application keeps restarting due to bad ? Internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 reset trouble: installation application keeps restarting due to bad ? Internet...: Hi there, I've got a problem fully resetting Windows 10 on my laptop. So every time I restart my laptop the installation still must be in progress it loads for a moment and then reboots, throwing me to the menu with "Hello, choose your language" bars. After completing the...
  6. Windows 10 reset trouble: installation application keeps restarting due to bad ? Internet...

7. Trouble resetting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble resetting PC: If I want to reset my PC, but I can’t allow settings to make changes to my device because there are no admins on the device, should I delete the System32 folder to make windows reinstall itself?...
  8. Trouble resetting PC

Trouble resetting PC: If I want to reset my PC, but I can’t allow settings to make changes to my device because there are no admins on the device, should I delete the System32 folder to make windows reinstall itself?...
  9. Trouble resetting PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Im having many troubles with my games and file explorer on windows 11 pro even after reset

Im having many troubles with my games and file explorer on windows 11 pro even after reset: Hello my pc has started crashing maybe start of January, It will occur basically everytime i open a game and try go onto online but some crash without me even going into a game mode, after my game crashes it randomly open my file explorer to the drive my game/app is installed...