Windows 10: Trouble Resetting my old laptop

Discus and support Trouble Resetting my old laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have recently got a new laptop and so am trying to return my old one to factory settings so I can hopefully give it away. However upon first clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KateMcGiveron, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Trouble Resetting my old laptop

I have recently got a new laptop and so am trying to return my old one to factory settings so I can hopefully give it away. However upon first clicking reset it initially all seemed fine (reaaaaly slow, but fine), but when it reached 100% on the "getting a few things ready" screen it just turned itself off. I did think this might be part of the process but after 20 minutes I thought to turn it back on to see if it had actually done anything but it was as if I hadn't gone through the 1 and a half hour "getting a few things ready" process.

I have tried it multiple times now but doesn't seem to go past 1% now before turning itself off, would appreciate some tips of how I can help it along.

It is on charge and has a full battery.

:)

KateMcGiveron, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

What to do with old laptop

If you actually read the thread it is a spare old laptop.

Nordic, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Clem Win User
    Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

4. n-ster Win User

Trouble Resetting my old laptop

n-ster, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Trouble Resetting my old laptop

1. Trouble Resetting my old laptop - Similar Threads - Trouble Resetting old

2. Trouble Reseting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble Reseting: I have a very old computer and I think to make it run better I can reset the computer to get rid of all the bloatware. Although, I can't access the owner user account due to forgetting the pin and Microsoft pin. When I click "I forgot my pin" it just says to go to setting and...
  3. Trouble Resetting my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble Resetting my pc: I am trying to reset my pc and can't do it even after trying several fixes sfc /scannow doesn't give me issues; reagentc /disable doesn't work; several other fixes don't workOn the reset my pc tab I'm choosing remove everything and local reinstall....
  4. Reset old work laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset old work laptop: Hi guys, I have an old work laptop that was never returned and I was wondering if there is any way for me to reset this in order to use this as a personal laptop. It’s a Dell Latitude 3400 running Windows 10. Upon start up, the system is running McAfee Device Encryption...
  5. My Laptop Got Troubles After Being Reseted

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Laptop Got Troubles After Being Reseted: Well, a few months ago I reseted my computer, because it was getting slow, but it was working fine, when I reseted it, for some reason, suddenly I couldn't play some games, because it was locked at 14 FPS or lower, even though I had played before with 50+ FPS, and I couldn't...
  6. Resetting old corporate laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resetting old corporate laptop: A company in my area just had a going out of business sale and I bought an old laptop from them. It is loaded with windows 10 but requires admin privileges to do anything. What do I need to do to make this laptop useable as a personal laptop. submitted by /u/ekajdnarima...
  7. Security Update Troubles, Laptop Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Security Update Troubles, Laptop Reset: Recently I've been trying to install the new security update on my HP Stream laptop and have had a few problems. I've looked around for a few fixes, but none really helped, so I decided to reset my computer entirely (I didn't really have anything important on it, so why...
  8. Trouble with my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble with my laptop: The sound of my laptop has stopped working, until last night it worked, but today in the morning it's gone At first it was heard with low volume, but then it just went away...
  9. Trouble resetting my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble resetting my PC: Hi, I've had this problem for 3 days and I can't reset my PC, because of a virus that I downloaded. While I try to reset my pc it always says trouble while resetting your PC, no changes were made. Please, help me with this I really need to reset my PC so the virus can be...
  10. Trouble logging in and resetting laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble logging in and resetting laptop: Laptop was recently serviced and the “admin” login appeared. I do not know my admin login, so I tried resetting my computer. Now it is in a loop of “Why did my PC restart?” Help....