Windows 10: Trouble restarting Windows Audio service

Discus and support Trouble restarting Windows Audio service in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, my audio stopped working on my computer. I went into services.msc and saw that Windows Audio Service wasn't running. I tried to restart it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alec1023, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Alec1023 Win User

Trouble restarting Windows Audio service

Recently, my audio stopped working on my computer. I went into services.msc and saw that Windows Audio Service wasn't running. I tried to restart it, but the "Restart" button and other buttons are all grayed out and I am unable to choose any of them. I'm not sure how to fix this problem.

Trouble restarting Windows Audio service 36b35369-a7d7-4595-a260-d26a38a77e49?upload=true.png

:)

Alec1023, Jun 18, 2019

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 pro 64 "the audio service is not running" every 5 minutes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

First lets make sure the Windows Audio service
    is running or not.

• Search for Services in the search bar and search Windows Audio service
      in the list of services.
    • Right-click on the Windows Audio service, and then click Properties.
    • On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic
      is selected.
    • Also make sure that the service is started
    Also suggest you to try the steps below and see if It helps to resolve issue with Audio Issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

For the issue related o edge I suggest you to try to restart Microsoft Edge Browser.

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task.
    • Restart your Computer and check if it helps.
    This issue may also happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly
    follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Glen Khew Win User

Audio Services not responding

Hi there. Thank you again for your reply.

Unfortunately nothing has changed. There is still no sound coming from my speakers.

I've tried the methods several time in these few days and made sure that the Windows Audio and all other dependent services are running (I restarted them a lot of times) and I tried it again today, following step by step. I even made sure that my speaker
    (Conexant SmartAudio HD) is the default device But whenever I trouble shoot the problem , it keeps popping up the two same problem.

Any other suggestions?

Glen

Glen Khew, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Trouble restarting Windows Audio service - Similar Threads - Trouble restarting Audio

2. Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service: I am having an issue where my microphone although it is not specific to one, I have tried other microphones will intermittently become very staticy to the point where it is hard to hear me. This issue is very infrequent, but typically happens around once every few days.The...
  3. Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service: I am having an issue where my microphone although it is not specific to one, I have tried other microphones will intermittently become very staticy to the point where it is hard to hear me. This issue is very infrequent, but typically happens around once every few days.The...
  4. Audio troubles

Audio troubles: I'm not sure if this is the right place to be typing this, but I have frequently been having audio issues. It starts usually when im playing a game or in a discord call, or both at the same time all the audio will start to stop and there will be bits of the audio that you can...
  5. Audio troubles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio troubles: I'm not sure if this is the right place to be typing this, but I have frequently been having audio issues. It starts usually when im playing a game or in a discord call, or both at the same time all the audio will start to stop and there will be bits of the audio that you can...
  6. Trouble with restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble with restart: My laptop was running really slowly so I decide to delete some software of my printer I don’t useWhile I was deleting. One of them, I can’t remember the name said that it needed to restart my laptop before I could use my laptop again I pressed yes cause I didn’t think it was...
  7. Trouble with restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with restart: My laptop was running really slowly so I decide to delete some software of my printer I don’t useWhile I was deleting. One of them, I can’t remember the name said that it needed to restart my laptop before I could use my laptop again I pressed yes cause I didn’t think it was...
  8. Trouble with restart

9. Audio trouble

Audio trouble: I am having problems with my audio, every second I hear this weird buzzing sound and it's very annoying. I would like to know how to fix it. Thank you, Boris https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-trouble/1d5f8336-0093-46c3-8b87-90cf00efcf47
  10. Strange audio problem that requires restart of Windows Audio service

Strange audio problem that requires restart of Windows Audio service: Hi, So here's my audio setup. I have a GTX970 which is connected via HDMI 2.0 to my Vizio M70-C3 tv. My Vizio 5.1 Soundbar is connected via the included HDMI cable from the soundbar to the ARC hdmi port on the TV. What is happening is that I'll go away from my PC for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restarting the audio services in win7