Windows 10: Trouble seeing Raspberry Pi in Networks

Discus and support Trouble seeing Raspberry Pi in Networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Raspberry Pi that is running samba to share with the Windows network. In Run, I enter \\Raspi and it comes right up with the appropriate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PickyBiker, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Trouble seeing Raspberry Pi in Networks

I have a Raspberry Pi that is running samba to share with the Windows network. In Run, I enter \\Raspi and it comes right up with the appropriate shares. That means the samba shares are actually there, yet when I open Networks, all my computers are there except the Raspi.

To try to fix this:
    • I rebooted both the Pi and my PC
    • I double checked the samba configuration and checked it with testparm
    • I made certain the samba and pi passwords are the same
    • I found a list of PC services that need to be running and set them all to automatic

Again, all my PC's and some devices like my Roku and printer are visible, just not the Pi.

Suggestions?

:)

PickyBiker, Feb 16, 2017

2. Windows 10 IoT failed to start on Raspberry PI 3, status : 0x000014c

Hi,

I installed Windows 10 IoT on Raspberry PI 3, through Windows 10 IoT Dashboard. when it boot first time, it worked well till the screen of wifi, but after I connected the Raspberry PI to WiFi Network, there was a gray screen, then I disconnected the Power
    of raspberry PI and reconnected it again, I got a message from Windows boot Manager : Windows Filed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

I am using SD card SanDisk Ultra microSDHC UHS-1 16 GB.

any idea to solve that issue.

Thanks.

Update : I removed the SD card and plug it again, it worked fine for first time, when I restarted the device, it showed the same error.

MohamedHefnawy, Feb 16, 2017
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Windows 10 Insufficient memory problem

I do not know if this has been investigated but there is a version fo Windows 10 that has been set up to run on the Raspberry Pi. It may be in the IoT section. Since the Raspberry Pi has limited size of things that version might some use with these computers
    tha are limited to 32GB.

lacrumb, Feb 16, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Trouble seeing Raspberry Pi in Networks

Have you already posted this or looked at the info in the Raspberry Pi forums about this. The Ubuntu and Debian Wiki is a good goto. The part about shares on Windows and trying to see them on the Pi or shares on the Pi, depending on what OS you are using. All of Samba needs to be installed, along with CIFS on the Pi for the Distro that you are using. Also you need to turn off any firewall program that you have running in Windows, since it is not needed when you are on your own network behind a Gateway.

bro67, Feb 16, 2017
  5. Thanks, yes I will try the wiki and the pi forums

PickyBiker, Feb 16, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Which Distro are you using? If you are using Raspbian, you can install the Synaptic manager. Also if you install Webmin in Raspbian, you can go in and install app's from it through the web browser on another computer and it will also setup the Dependencies. I left out that you also have to convert users to Samba Users in Raspbian. If you are going to do a share as public, do not use Webmin or the tools for Samba like GTK.

There is one other person on here that uses the Pi's a lot more than I do. Also there is one user who is very good in getting the smb.conf to work how you want it other than out of the box, which it should actually work.

The only issue that I have had with Windows Shares, was if you do not use a Local Account for Windows ten (Old School User account, vs. a Microsoft Live account that uses an email). The folder you want to connect to has to have "Everyone" showing for that folder, since Microsoft blocked Guest and changed folders and files to only be for the "Trusted Installer" to place them more into a Sandbox to keep them from trying to be affected by any sort of malware.

bro67, Feb 16, 2017
  7. The worst possible solution has occurred. The raspberry Pi is now showing up in the network and I don't know what changed to fix it. Argh.

For now, it is working.

PickyBiker, Feb 16, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

As long as you have all of the Samba package that includes the CIFS package, it will do that. Samba is about the most finicky thing out there. Just one change and it can make it become a headache.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Trouble seeing Raspberry Pi in Networks - Similar Threads - Trouble seeing Raspberry

2. Windows 11 arm for Raspberry Pi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 arm for Raspberry Pi: I downloaded the windows 11 for arm computers image zip file, created a flashable image, used WoR run as administrator to flash it with the MBR partition to a 32 GB SD card, mounted the boot partition, unmounted it and tried to boot my Raspberry Pi with the card but at the...
  3. Raspberry pi internet problem

Raspberry pi internet problem: Hi all, apologies if this is in the wrong section, wasn't too sure. I just got a pi 4 model b 8gb, but for some reason, every time I turn it on, the the internet goes off on the router, I've never experienced this before, and it's destroying me, has anyone else encountered...
  4. Raspberry pi internet problem

Raspberry pi internet problem: Hi all, apologies if this is in the wrong section, wasn't too sure. I just got a pi 4 model b 8gb, but for some reason, every time I turn it on, the the internet goes off on the router, I've never experienced this before, and it's destroying me, has anyone else encountered...
  5. Windows pc 10 on Raspberry Pi

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows pc 10 on Raspberry Pi: HelloI have a Raspberry Pi and I consider to install Windows 10 on it. I had read this page https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=318599. I don’t know if this is legal. As always they tell it is legal. But now I ask on Microsoft Forum to be sure...
  6. ARM64 build for Raspberry Pi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ARM64 build for Raspberry Pi: Hello, I'm running the ARM64 build on a Raspberry Pi. For the Linux version of an OS, you can edit some of the startup options by editing /boot/config.txt and I was given the option of changing parameters similarly when creating the bootable medium. I'm trying to set an...
  7. windows iot raspberry pi bluescreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows iot raspberry pi bluescreen: I kept on having this bluescreen of death error. please help.. I am using Windows IoT 10 17763.107 build on Raspberry pi 3B. This is recurring every time my rpi is running for several hours. on startup everything seems ok, then after a few hours i am having this bluescreen...
  8. Raspberry pi 4 Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Raspberry pi 4 Windows 10?: Does it now actually run on the 4-series Windows 10? https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/raspberry-pi-4-windows-10
  9. Windows IOT Core With Raspberry Pi

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows IOT Core With Raspberry Pi: Hi Team, I would like to access to my Raspberry Pi 3 running Windows 10 IoT using Windows IoT Remote Client. The application connect successfully and I can control everything on my PI mouse and keyboard works fine but the screen is totally white, so I do not see anything,...
  10. connection to thumb drive on raspberry pi that is connected to my network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connection to thumb drive on raspberry pi that is connected to my network: I have installed a raspberry pi3B+ connected via Ethernet cable on my network and have since inserted a thumb drive to it. I am having difficulty knowing how to make that thumb and its contents available on my network. I need help step by step on how to get it recognized...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. seeing raspberry pi in network