Windows 10: Trouble setting up a family account

Discus and support Trouble setting up a family account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,i am having an issue with setting up an microsoft family account for my child.When i try to add a family member in family safety site: it gives an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Deniz Temel, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Trouble setting up a family account

Hi,i am having an issue with setting up an microsoft family account for my child.When i try to add a family member in family safety site: it gives an error "something went wrong on our end. give it a few minutes, then try again.When i try to use my cell phone to do the same thing after cleaning cookies and cache and history with my microsoft account that uses my primary email gmail, it gives an error "you cannot invite a family member. we have detected some unusual activity. you will have to wait before you can resend an invite."it has bene days i have been trying to set up my microsoft acco

:)

Deniz Temel, Mar 10, 2023

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Mar 10, 2023
  3. Kari Win User
    Bypass Family Settings by conversion to Local Account

What you describe should be impossible. To test this I just now created a child account on my PC and signing in to it tried to change it to either an admin account or a local account. Could not do that.

The only way your son can change his account to a local account and "remove" it from Family, or create a new account is to have access to an admin account on that same PC (your account), or alternatively access to your admin MS account's Family settings online. For that he needs both your MS account username and password. It means that if you protect your own personal admin account (MS account) with a strong password and especially the Two-Step Verification, he has no way to access that account and he should not be able / is not able to change your Family settings or his account status.

4. Jelo Sen Win User

Trouble setting up a family account

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Mar 10, 2023
Thema:

Trouble setting up a family account

1. Trouble setting up a family account - Similar Threads - Trouble setting family

2. Having trouble to top up in family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble to top up in family account: Hi, I am seeing below error.Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out....
  3. Having trouble to top up in family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble to top up in family account: Hi, I am seeing below error.Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out....
  4. Unable to set up family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to set up family account: Hi , I need help setting up family accounts and setting up parental controls.You can call me 301 401 5195My email id is : *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. Unable to set up family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to set up family account: Hi , I need help setting up family accounts and setting up parental controls.You can call me 301 401 5195My email id is : *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Unable to set up family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Trouble setting up a family account

Trouble setting up a family account: Hi,i am having an issue with setting up an microsoft family account for my child.When i try to add a family member in family safety site: it gives an error "something went wrong on our end. give it a few minutes, then try again.When i try to use my cell phone to do the same...
  8. Trouble setting up a family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble setting up a family account: Hi,i am having an issue with setting up an microsoft family account for my child.When i try to add a family member in family safety site: it gives an error "something went wrong on our end. give it a few minutes, then try again.When i try to use my cell phone to do the same...
  9. family set up

family set up: I am trying to set up my family's 3 computers. I just finished setting up my first computer and all my files from my home computer are now showing up on my daughter's new laptop. This is after I set up it up so that she signs in the computer as a local user. I'm confused...
  10. Trouble setting up a family member's account

Trouble setting up a family member's account: My laptop keeps having an issue when I try to create an account for a family member. Something to do with Microsoft family not being able to connect. My windows 10 is up to date and I'm always connected to the internet whenever I try creating an account. Need some help...