Windows 10: Trouble setting up a family member's account

Discus and support Trouble setting up a family member's account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My laptop keeps having an issue when I try to create an account for a family member. Something to do with Microsoft family not being able to connect.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SeanLemar1, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Trouble setting up a family member's account

My laptop keeps having an issue when I try to create an account for a family member.

Something to do with Microsoft family not being able to connect. My windows 10 is up to date and I'm always connected to the internet whenever I try creating an account.

Need some help please.

:)

SeanLemar1, Apr 20, 2020
  2. gamoses Win User

broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Michael_DS, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Trouble setting up a family member's account

fingergprint log-in for family member

Hi Kristi

Through Windows Hello, you may have your family members register different accounts with their fingerprints.

Once you are signed as the family account administrator, you may follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Family & other users.
    • Add people using the Your family, or Other users options. The only difference between the two is with family, you get an access to child controls, for monitoring and blocking content.

Once your child is logged into his or her own accounts, they can now set up their own
    Windows Hello log-in. Refer to the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Select Windows Hello.
    • Choose Fingerprint, then Set up.

After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Trouble setting up a family member's account

1. Trouble setting up a family member's account - Similar Threads - Trouble setting family

2. Trouble setting up a family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trouble setting up a family account: Hi,i am having an issue with setting up an microsoft family account for my child.When i try to add a family member in family safety site: it gives an error "something went wrong on our end. give it a few minutes, then try again.When i try to use my cell phone to do the same...
  3. Trouble setting up a family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble setting up a family account: Hi,i am having an issue with setting up an microsoft family account for my child.When i try to add a family member in family safety site: it gives an error "something went wrong on our end. give it a few minutes, then try again.When i try to use my cell phone to do the same...
  4. Trouble setting up a family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Family Safety - having trouble adding a member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - having trouble adding a member: When inviting my son to join my Family Safety group, he clicked the "accept now" button and this then signed him through to his own Microsoft account, where he could enter his password and accept. But when he tried to accept, it then just gave raise to a message which said:...
  6. Family Safety - having trouble adding a member

Family Safety - having trouble adding a member: When inviting my son to join my Family Safety group, he clicked the "accept now" button and this then signed him through to his own Microsoft account, where he could enter his password and accept. But when he tried to accept, it then just gave raise to a message which said:...
  7. Setting up a user profile for a family member.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up a user profile for a family member.: I want to set up a separate login account for my spouse on a new Windows Home computer. I am the Administrator. My spouse is not very technical. At one time it was possible to set up a guest profile for a user that could even have different apps. I can't find anything in...
  8. Problem with family member account

Problem with family member account: I have the following message on a child family members account Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device LAPTOP-%%%%%%5 for family features to work. The fix it says it to start, settings, accounts, family and other people under your family, select...
  9. Restore settings in games to new Family member accounts

Restore settings in games to new Family member accounts: I spent time today adding my son to the Windows 10 Family settings, and when we tried to access his account we learned that all his game settings, skins, standings, etc are all somehow connected to the main administrator account? He can't even access the Steam program or...
  10. Family members user accounts

Family members user accounts: For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating...