Windows 10: Trouble Setting up new Dell Precision 7730 Laptop

Discus and support Trouble Setting up new Dell Precision 7730 Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I just purchased a new Dell Precision 7730 laptop. It is really an amazing computer. But, as I tried to set things up today, I ran into a brick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by daysaver0228, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Trouble Setting up new Dell Precision 7730 Laptop

Hello, I just purchased a new Dell Precision 7730 laptop. It is really an amazing computer.
    But, as I tried to set things up today, I ran into a brick wall. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I have two solid state hard drives. One is 250 GB and the other is 2 TB. When I started transferring Pictures, Documents, Music, Downloads from my current (old) computer, I started with pictures, and ran out of space. Didn't realize that those folders resided on the small drive. I thought it was meant to hold only programs. Obviously I was wrong. So I began to copy the pictures into the 2 TB hard drive. Things failed again. I do not know what to do. I will call Dell support tomorrow, but I'm fretting big time. I thought perhaps I could move the Windows (Pictures, Documents, Music, Downloads) into the large drive, But it doesn't work.. Any advice for me? The space on the first hard drive is way too small. Thank you.

:)

daysaver0228, Dec 23, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Dell Ships Three New Precision Workstations

Dell, the world’s No. 1 workstation supplier for the last nine years, today unveiled Dell Precision T7500, T5500 and T3500 tower workstations. One of the first workstation lines to ship with Intel Xeon 5500 “Nehalem,” the Dell Precision T5500 and T7500 deliver up to 90 percent better multi-threaded digital content creation application performance versus previous generation systems. The new systems are purpose-engineered for professionals in engineering, media, entertainment, biosciences, exploration, economic modeling and risk analysis.

The News:
    Designed for performance, reliability and scalability, the three new Dell Precision tower systems are available for order tomorrow at www.dell.com/workstations and include:
    • Dell Precision T7500 – The most powerful Dell workstation offers with outstanding performance and scalability, up to two quad-core processors, up to 192 GB of three-channel DDR3 ECC memory up to 1066 or 1333 MHz, dual native Gen 2 PCIe x16 graphics slots with up to 450 watts (two 225W or single 300W) and supports NVIDIA SLI technology without a riser. With more than 1 billion configuration options, the system starts at $1,800 (USD).
    • Dell Precision T5500 – The T5500 offers dual socket Intel Xeon performance in a small footprint system with memory capacity of up to 72 GB and graphics slots that scale up to 300 watts (two 150W or single 225W), starts at $1,620 (USD).
    • Dell Precision T3500 – Offering a balance of performance, scalability and affordability, the T3500 features up to 24 GB DDR3 ECC memory and an integrated memory controller, resulting in low latency and excellent application performance. It starts at $999 (USD).
    Dell partners with at least 35 leading independent software vendors (ISVs) to test and certify compatibility for 90 applications in areas such as mechanical computer aided design, architecture, engineering, construction, digital content creation, biosciences, financial services, and oil and gas. Broad-based ISV certification helps customers create a complete, customized solution for the specific single- or multi-threaded application they use. Application-based performance gains over previous generation workstations include:
    • Up to 82 percent better Catia application performance with Intel Nehalem-powered Dell Precision workstations; and
    • Up to 350 percent more memory bandwidth on the Dell Precision T7500 and the T5500 with dual processors using the SiSoft Sandra 2009 Bandwidth benchmark test.
    Available product features of the Dell Precision T3500, T5500 and T7500 (some features available on select systems only):
    • Intel QuickPath, Direct Cache Access help significantly improve performance;
    • Intel Turbo Mode is designed to adapt processor speed based on application needs;
    • E-SATA port for fast external storage;
    • Up to 1.5 TB SATA hard drives for generous local storage;
    • Dual and quad monitor support, DisplayPort connectors;
    • Support for NVIDIA Tesla GPU compute solutions (T5500 and T7500 only);
    • NVIDIA NVS 295, NVIDIA QUADRO FX 580, FX 1800, FX 3800, FX 4800, and FX 5800 (T5500 and T7500 only) graphics card; and
    • ATI FIREPRO V3750, V5700, and V8700 graphics cards.
    Configurations of the Dell Precision workstations are Energy Star 5.0 compliant, featuring 85 percent efficient power supplies to help reduce energy consumption.
    Dell ProManage and Dell ProSupport Services help automate deployment, management and support for workstations so that IT teams focus on more strategic work.
    ImageDirect - Images and applications are factory-installed to help cut IT staff time for deployment, eliminate desk-side visits and prevent configuration issues.
    Distributed Device Management - Automate asset tracking and monitoring, software inventory and utilization, backup, patch management and email management to help resolve routine management through the cloud, and may reduce ownership costs.
    Dell ProSupport for IT - Configurable support services for IT and end-users to help reduce downtime with expert tech-to-tech support, Fast-Track PartsDispatch and support for third party software.

Quotes:
    “With the new Dell Precision workstations, we’re taking a revolutionary step forward in performance, enabling professionals to do more than ever with the ISV applications they need for business-critical tasks,” said Brett McAnally, director, Dell Product Group. “By combining industry-leading ISV certifications, energy efficiency, configurability and services we can better help workstation customers lower ownership costs and maximize uptime.”
    “We are really excited about the new Dell Precision workstation solutions,” said Ken Pimentel, director of visual communication solutions at Autodesk, publisher of such applications as 3ds Max. “Dell understands what is really important to 3D professionals – groundbreaking performance in a dependable system that allows them to get more done faster. The new Dell Precision workstations really shows off our new render-quality viewports and multi-threading enhancements in 3ds Max 2010.” 3ds Max 2010 is expected to be available in April 2009.
    The Dell Precision T7500, T5500, T3500 tower workstations will be available through all Dell channels, including the company’s PartnerDirect program.

Source: Dell

malware, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Dell Precision M4700 and M6700 Laptops get Detailed

Courtesy of a new scoop by dell-lab.posterous.com we now have some specs of Dell's upcoming Precision M4700 (15.6-inch) and M6700 (17.3-inch) laptops. Powered by Intel chips, the two new Precision models are supposed to feature 65 Whr or 97 Whr batteries, DDR3 1866 MHz memory options, 2.5-inch HDD/SSD (one drive for the M4700, up to two for the M6700) storage, a built-in webcam, an ExpressCard slot, an SD card reader, and optional WiGig (wireless Gigabit).

The Precision M4700 also packs a Full HD (1920 x 1080) LED-backlit display with anti-glare coating, and either NVIDIA N14PQx (28 nm) or AMD FirePro M4000 graphics, while the M6700 can have a 2D or 3D Full HD display, and AMD Heathrow XT or NVIDIA N14EQx GPUs. The laptops' release dates are yet unknown.

Source: dell-lab.posterous.com

Cristian_25H, Dec 23, 2018
  4. KainXS Win User

Trouble Setting up new Dell Precision 7730 Laptop

Dell Precision?

has anyone had any experience with the Dell Precision notebooks, I do alot of cad and a friend of mine just bought the newest one and said that he would sell me his Precision 6300 for 300 bucks with a Quadro 3600 to replace with my laptop(its a piece of crap*Frown Trouble Setting up new Dell Precision 7730 Laptop :(), anyone know of the build quality and reliability of these notebooks?, im looking for a tough notebook, cause I have a tendacy of setting things on my stuff.

KainXS, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Trouble Setting up new Dell Precision 7730 Laptop

1. Trouble Setting up new Dell Precision 7730 Laptop - Similar Threads - Trouble Setting Dell

2. can't install windows 22H2 on dell precision 7730 xeon e2186m quadro p4200 64gb ddr4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can't install windows 22H2 on dell precision 7730 xeon e2186m quadro p4200 64gb ddr4: when I had my good copy of Windows 10 22H1 I got the f update that ruined e everything, I got the update for 22H2 & resulted in a lot BSOD's: memory management. also the system log where filled with usbperf, WMI etc. so I followed the advice to update. I did that & the other...
  3. can't install windows 22H2 on dell precision 7730 xeon e2186m quadro p4200 64gb ddr4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't install windows 22H2 on dell precision 7730 xeon e2186m quadro p4200 64gb ddr4: when I had my good copy of Windows 10 22H1 I got the f update that ruined e everything, I got the update for 22H2 & resulted in a lot BSOD's: memory management. also the system log where filled with usbperf, WMI etc. so I followed the advice to update. I did that & the other...
  4. can't install windows 22H2 on dell precision 7730 xeon e2186m quadro p4200 64gb ddr4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  6. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  7. Dell Precision T1600

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Precision T1600: I'm upgrading my dell computer it currently has a core i3 2100 I know that you can upgrade to core i7 2600 but I was wondering if there was any core i9 that would work with it?...
  8. New Dell Latitude laptops, Precision workstations, OptiPlex desktops

in Windows 10 News
    New Dell Latitude laptops, Precision workstations, OptiPlex desktops: Dell Technologies recently unveiled new Dell Latitude laptops to boost productivity from anywhere, new Precision workstations to offer mission-critical reliability and power, and space-saving compact desktops with smart design and flexible configurations. Visit Dell...
  9. Error Installing Sea Of Thieves Anniversary Edition on Dell Precision 7730...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error Installing Sea Of Thieves Anniversary Edition on Dell Precision 7730...: I purchased the game Sea Of Thieves from Amazon and received a code to redeem in the Windows store. I successfully redeemed the code and showed the game in my library. When the program started to download, it would go for about 3-5 seconds and then fail. The error code...
  10. Windows 10 Pro set up on Dell Precision M6800

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro set up on Dell Precision M6800: After using Linux and I reboot into Windows the time is out of wack and I simply have Windows change the time from my default on line time source. OK. I have Linux Mint installed on a MBR disk and it has its own Boot Manager so I won't get dual boot menu. I seldom use Linux...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell precision 7730 problems with installing windows 10