Windows 10: Trouble signing into Windows 10 - Forgot password

Discus and support Trouble signing into Windows 10 - Forgot password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am having trouble signing into Windows 10. A few days ago I noticed the system was running slow so I did a reset of Windows 10. When everything was... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by katieH84, Nov 15, 2015.

1. katieH84 Win User

Trouble signing into Windows 10 - Forgot password

I am having trouble signing into Windows 10. A few days ago I noticed the system was running slow so I did a reset of Windows 10. When everything was ready to setup again, I set up my user account with my usual password, however, when asked if I wanted to link to my Microsoft Account, I said "do it later". I cannot reset password from Microsoft account because it is not linked. When trying to sign in from the Welcome page, I type in every variation of my password to no avail. I have tried rebooting in safe mode but Windows 10 will not allow unless you type in your password. I have even tried doing a reset from account settings (ESC when restarting) and it STILL asked me for my password. I am frustrated and now I feel like my computer is a thousand dollar paperweight. Any help would be appreciated!

:)

katieH84, Nov 15, 2015

2. store is not letting me sign in

I am having trouble signing in from PC. I try to change my password because i forgot the other i originally created.

CeciliaSalazar1, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 15, 2015
  4. larry Win User

larry, Nov 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Trouble signing into Windows 10 - Forgot password - Similar Threads - Trouble signing Forgot

2. Forgot Windows 10 password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Windows 10 password: My problem is I forgot my password and then I reseted it then I got another problem called "your pc is no longer avaliable due to security changes" then if have to open command prompt or something else it requires password which I don't know.. so please answer me or I'll lose...
  3. Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password: I purchased a Dell 3120 as an offer thru Comcast. I put in a password and played around with the touch pad trying to get a little familiar with the Win 11 Home OS. A touch pad is something I'd never used. I was opening up links when I was simply trying to move the pointer. I...
  4. Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password: I purchased a Dell 3120 as an offer thru Comcast. I put in a password and played around with the touch pad trying to get a little familiar with the Win 11 Home OS. A touch pad is something I'd never used. I was opening up links when I was simply trying to move the pointer. I...
  5. Forgot Password. Cannot sign in with PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Password. Cannot sign in with PIN: so when I shut down my laptop, I came back to it and tried to login with my pin. it says "your password has been changed on a different device. you must sign in to this device once your with your new password, and then you can sign in with your pin.To reset my password, i...
  6. Forgot Windows 10 password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Forgot Windows 10 password: I have forgotten the password and the Reset Password option opens the Wizard and says 'first create a password reset disc'. I click Next and it says, Password Key disc is in drive F: I click Next and it says, File Not Found - this disc is not a password reset disc....
  7. Forgot window 10 password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot window 10 password: I forgot my window 10 password but i know the PIN of it. My laptop shows some errors while installation of a software and some when using a program.I tried with Cmd promt to change password but not get it also administration access is not working . I'm not able ro open...
  8. Forgot password and no picture sign in

Forgot password and no picture sign in: I have a picture sign in option and I always log in using the picture up until I forgot my password (my bad). Last night my power was out and computer shut down. when I try to log in, the picture sign in is not an option, how do i make it an option?...
  9. SIGN-IN (FORGOT PASSWORD)

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    SIGN-IN (FORGOT PASSWORD): Hello dear Microsoft community, After someone borrowed my laptop, I cannot sign in because I used to sign in using my pin. I haven't used my password for years and cannot remember it. Also, there is no option under the password space to change to pin. I've also tried to...
  10. forgot sign in password for windows 10 professional pc

forgot sign in password for windows 10 professional pc: I can sign in with my pin but have forgotten my password.....is there anyway to reset the pw? I don't have a password reset tool disk made. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-sign-in-password-for-windows-10/f7b2f02b-bca5-4876-af9f-576790da88aa"