Windows 10: Trouble Sorting Select Image File Box

Discus and support Trouble Sorting Select Image File Box in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't seem to sort the 'Select Image File' box, that pops open when I want to insert a photo into an HTML doc. Same problem with the 'Open HTML'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rexbolt, Sep 8, 2017.

1. rexbolt Win User

Trouble Sorting Select Image File Box

I can't seem to sort the 'Select Image File' box, that pops open when I want to insert a photo into an HTML doc.

Same problem with the 'Open HTML' file box.

I went to file explorer and I think I hit the right settings, and the docs and images are sorted correctly in that view, but they are all jumbled up in the pop up boxes. - Thanks

:)

rexbolt, Sep 8, 2017
  2. RicW-nw Win User

Can't see hidden files on a USB drive on a Windows 10 computer, even with show hidden files box checked

Hi Joseph...

Are you only checking the hidden files box beneath 'file name extensions'? It may be that you need to click 'options' (far right) then in the options box select 'View' tab and select show hidden files and uncheck the system files box as well (arrowed in
    blue) don't forget to 'Restore Defaults' (circled) when finished. If this does not resolve it you may have a system bug of some sort... Cheers, Ric.

Trouble Sorting Select Image File Box [​IMG]

RicW-nw, Sep 8, 2017
  3. Martmcd Win User
    How much time will it take to download Windows 10 installation files?

You did choose 'safe mode with networking' (F5) and not 'safe mode' (F4)?

try the trouble shooter see if that sorts it, or gives more info.

Right click on this icon
    Trouble Sorting Select Image File Box [​IMG]
    in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and select 'trouble shoot problems'.

let us know how you get on.

Martmcd, Sep 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

How are you editing your HTML code?
    It's likely the dialogue box is peculiar to your HTML editor, if that's what you're using.

Even though dialogue boxes may look like explorer to some extent, they may actually be custom.

dalchina, Sep 8, 2017
  5. rexbolt Win User
    Thanks - I'm using Kompozer. (For whatever reason, I didn't have this problem though in my previous version of Windows.)

rexbolt, Sep 8, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 8, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    I used to use Kompozer a while back but have changed to BlueGriffon now and find it works well in W10.

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Trouble Sorting Select Image File Box - Similar Threads - Trouble Sorting Select

2. Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately: Once upon a time in File Explorer, I could sort a folder by file type e.g., *.HEIC, quickly select all files of that type, then resort the folder by name or date, and the selected files would remain selected in the new sort order. This enabled me to delete superfluous,...
  3. Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sorting deselects previously selected files, unfortunately: Once upon a time in File Explorer, I could sort a folder by file type e.g., *.HEIC, quickly select all files of that type, then resort the folder by name or date, and the selected files would remain selected in the new sort order. This enabled me to delete superfluous,...
  4. No thumbnail in Open Dialog Box of image files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No thumbnail in Open Dialog Box of image files: Recently, opening image files will not show a thumbnail of the actual photo, but a generic picture icon. I have not changed any default image settings.....
  5. No thumbnail in Open Dialog Box of image files

in Windows 10 Customization
    No thumbnail in Open Dialog Box of image files: Recently, opening image files will not show a thumbnail of the actual photo, but a generic picture icon. I have not changed any default image settings.....
  6. No thumbnail in Open Dialog Box of image files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Sort files in selected folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sort files in selected folders?: Hi,I'd like to be able to sort files in highlighted folders so not globally rather than have to go into each folder separately and sort them?Is this possible with windows 10 or is there an App for this ?Example 1 Movie folderFOLDERS sorted by NAMEFILES in folders sorted by...
  8. Mouse selection box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse selection box: [ATTACH]how can i change it back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-selection-box/91ad513c-abc3-4b96-bcc3-0f4b732876fb
  9. Can sorting be turned OFF in File Explorer on Selected Directories?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can sorting be turned OFF in File Explorer on Selected Directories?: Yes, I read the Tutorial and read it again several times. However, what I do not see is how to leave everything alone in a default details view, and select a directory, and its sub directory in Icon view to NOT sort. My wife has a directory that she is using for shortcuts,...
  10. Sort files in selected folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort files in selected folders: Hi, i sort files by opening the folder then right click sort by name(descending) is there a way when i select several folders to sort the files in each folder by name(descending) in one click? 81188