Windows 10: Trouble syncing iCloud Contacts into people

Discus and support Trouble syncing iCloud Contacts into people in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I pressed on the import logged in and it did let me get in, but then got stuck on the syncing accounts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alecschwa, Apr 3, 2020.

1. alecschwa Win User

Trouble syncing iCloud Contacts into people

I pressed on the import logged in and it did let me get in, but then got stuck on the syncing accounts.

:)

alecschwa, Apr 3, 2020

2. Are iCloud Contacts Supposed to Sync Automatically With Windows 10 Phone People App?

• Used OL on Windows 10 PC to create iCloud contact.
    • Contact shows in People and List view when (in OL). If I select the iCloud folder, and I select‘People’ from the bottom bar at lower left, the added contact shows in both List View and People view.

Note: The added contact in question does NOT show on either an iPad or the Windows 10 phone People app.
    • Not sure what you mean by “sign out and sign in”. From where? PC? Phone? And how?
    If I bring up the iCloud app on PC, the Calendar and Contacts option is checked. Calendar is behaving just fine, BTW - it's only Contacts where I'm having this problem.

Have done many, many soft resets – no joy.

So it seems that I'm not causing a sync to occur between the Windows 10 PC and iCloud. What steps can I take to get that accomplished?

Thanks.

jenkins-ear, Apr 3, 2020
  3. ericnixmd Win User
    Sync iCloud Contacts with Outlook WITHOUT Mail

I'm aware of the iCloud app for Windows that will add iCloud mail, contacts, etc. to Outlook, but that's not what I'm wanting.

I would like to sync my contacts with Outlook, but not have my iCloud mail show in Outlook.

Does anyone know of a way to do this or an app that would do it?

Thanks!

ericnixmd, Apr 3, 2020
  4. skcusime Win User

Creators upgrade and CodeTwo Sync for iCloud

My upgrade went smoothly, but Office Outlook 2007 would not open, citing Code Two as the culprit. Code Two is an Outlook add-in that syncs Outlook calendars, contacts etc with iCloud calendars, contacts etc.
    With Code two uninstalled, Outlook works fine, as does iCloud for windows.
    I've tried all suggested fixes on the code two website, but have had no success in getting the calendars to sync.
    Has anyone been able to get them to play together?

skcusime, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Trouble syncing iCloud Contacts into people - Similar Threads - Trouble syncing iCloud

2. Why is People app not able to sync iCloud contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is People app not able to sync iCloud contacts: When I open the people app I get a notification saying that sync failed on one account. I go into the "fix account" and I give the correct password. but then the window closes and nothing happens. also something wierd: my icloud account is called...
  3. Why is People app not able to sync iCloud contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is People app not able to sync iCloud contacts: When I open the people app I get a notification saying that sync failed on one account. I go into the "fix account" and I give the correct password. but then the window closes and nothing happens. also something wierd: my icloud account is called...
  4. Sync my iCloud Calendar and Contacts with Windows 11 Calendar App and People App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync my iCloud Calendar and Contacts with Windows 11 Calendar App and People App: I have a Surface Pro and am trying to sync my iCloud Calendar and Contacts with Windows 11 Calendar App and People App. I add the account under accounts, then change the password to an app specific password in the calendar but then two things happen. The first is the calendar...
  5. iCloud Contact Not Showing in Window 10 People After Sync

iCloud Contact Not Showing in Window 10 People After Sync: I have my iCloud account added to my Window 10. Email and Calender sync work fine without issues. However, after showing "Success! Sync Complete", none of my iCloud contacts shows up in People. Actualy all the sync with iCloud worked for a while. Then one day all my...
  6. iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    iCloud contacts in Windows 10 People app: Has anyone successfully been able to make Windows 10 People (the contacts part of mail) sync with their iCloud contacts? Not import, but sync? Or, does anyone know for sure whether it’s possible or impossible? It seems to be possible because there is a dialogue to sign in to...
  7. Icloud contacts & calendar sync issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icloud contacts & calendar sync issue: Hi everybody! I found that apps People and Calender stopped syncing with my Icloud account: they show no entries from Icloud at all now... Deleting and bringing back the accounts in Settings, resetting passwords etc do not help. Does anybody know haw to fix it? Thanks!...
  8. People App Wont Sync Contacts

People App Wont Sync Contacts: The People App wont sync contacts. When I go into the Settings of the People App, in each of my 3 accounts it only has Mail and Calendar as syncing. I then go to the sync options of that particular account and yes, contacts is on. So what is going on? I cant figure this out...
  9. Contacts online not syncing in to people app.

Contacts online not syncing in to people app.: On behalf of an end user, I configured the Windows 10 mail app (because the far superior Windows Live Mail app has been retired by Microsoft). I exported his Windows Live Mail in to a CSV. I created a Microsoft account using his existing email address *** Email address is...
  10. People app not syncing google contacts

People app not syncing google contacts: I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook.com contacts not showing in people win 10