Windows 10: Trouble trying to upgrade to latest 2004 version from 1703

Discus and support Trouble trying to upgrade to latest 2004 version from 1703 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm a terrible user and postponed updating since I tried it once and didn't work, I though it would break my PC and forgot about it. Now I finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Darduk, Aug 13, 2020.

1. /u/Darduk Win User

Trouble trying to upgrade to latest 2004 version from 1703

I'm a terrible user and postponed updating since I tried it once and didn't work, I though it would break my PC and forgot about it. Now I finally remembered my PC is way out of date and wanted to upgrade.

I tried using the Update assistant but when it got to around 60% download the computer crashed and restarted and nothing updated, after the assistant failed several times, I tried the media creation tool just to have the pc crash to bluescreen before the tool even completely opens. Finally, I made a bootable USB using Rufus with the ISO I got from the official site.

The USB works well, I can boot into the setup, but when I try to upgrade it shows a message called "Compatibility Report" that says If I want to upgrade it needs to be done in desktop, problem is when I launch the setup.exe from the USB inside windows the pc bluescreens like with the media tool.

Is my only option is to do a clean install? I'm fine doing with a clean install but would prefer to upgrade and keep all my programs.

submitted by /u/Darduk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Darduk, Aug 13, 2020

2. Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your encountering error while installing the latest windows updates so I suggest you follow the below instructions to upgrade the windows to the latest version 2004 manually
    following the below steps.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 ver 1607 will not upgrade to 1703

• How are you performing the upgrade from Windows 10 Version 1607 to 1703
    Windows10Upgrade9252 (2).exe

• What troubleshooting steps have you performed to address the issue?
    Retry

keepitsimpleengr, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Nick Dich Win User

upgrading windows 10 1511 to the latest version 1703 or 1607

Hi,

We would like to clarify if you really want to apply the updates from older versions. Please note that the latest Windows Version is 1709 Fall Creators Update. If you need some guidance on how to do the update, I suggest you visit the link provided on this
    response. It is an article created by one of Microsoft's Community MVP named
    Andre Da Costa
    . This article includes step by step procedure on how to update, including troubleshooting in case any issues may arise. Kindly visit the link provided here:

How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1709 Fall Creators Update Using ISO File from Versions 1703, 1607, 1511 or 1507.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Nick Dich, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Trouble trying to upgrade to latest 2004 version from 1703 - Similar Threads - Trouble trying upgrade

2. Upgrade to version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to version 2004: I am currently on version 1909 of Windows 10. I want to upgrade, but not to version 20H2, because some of my friends have issues with 20H2. I would rather upgrade to version 2004. How do I go about doing that?...
  3. Issue trying to update windows from 1703 to 2004

Issue trying to update windows from 1703 to 2004: I tried many times to update windows using Windows Update software from 1703 to 2004 version, but all of them failed and so, it rolled back to original version after download and install 2004 version. I used troubleshooting feature at windows control panel to fix issues at...
  4. Upgrading to version 2004

Upgrading to version 2004: I have an asus pc released in 2019 and i bought it on may 2020 I'm having some issues with version 2004 when i upgraded my service provider took it back to version 1909 now i am unable to get update for ver 2004...
  5. Having trouble updating to the 2004 version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble updating to the 2004 version.: It has failed three times now. The download finishes and asks for restart. I restart, it gets to around 50-60% and restarts. However, when it comes back, the screen is just black. Nothing is happening, there is no video output, no sounds that would indicate it logged in to...
  6. Trouble updating computer to latest version.

Trouble updating computer to latest version.: So apparently my computer is stuck at version 1803 for windows and I cannot update it. I have tried many things but every time I update it gets close to the end and just says "Undoing changes made toy our computer." The last thing I did was run a SFC scan. The result it gave...
  7. Latest Windows 10 version 2004

Latest Windows 10 version 2004: Hello, after upgrading my computer to latest version 2004 I had random freeze on computer like every hour. This freeze completly freezed my computer and I had to turn it off. I tried everything from upgrading drivers to upgrading BIOS but nothing helped. Then I tried to...
  8. Problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version: I have got problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version on Microsoft Surface Pro 4. After reboot it starts to install Windows 10 feature update and gets to 26% when it restarts and reverts back to previous version. I have tried stand alone installation with no...
  9. Problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version

Problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version: I have got problems updating Windows 10 1703 to latest version on Microsoft Surface Pro 4. After reboot it starts to install Windows 10 feature update and gets to 26% when it restarts and reverts back to previous version. I have tried stand alone installation with no...
  10. Error Upgrading from Windows 10 Version 1703 to 1709

Error Upgrading from Windows 10 Version 1703 to 1709: Early release is available on April 30, 2018. Sometime on or after April 30, create a bootable Windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10 On release that page will change from saying "Windows 10 Fall Creators Update now available" to "Windows 10 April 2018 Update now available"....