Windows 10: trouble turning on camera

Discus and support trouble turning on camera in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I couldn't turn on the camera to use face recognition in my HP ENVY.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by amirpk2738, Oct 9, 2018.

1. trouble turning on camera

I couldn't turn on the camera to use face recognition in my HP ENVY.

:)

amirpk2738, Oct 9, 2018
  2. jekiboi20 Win User

Camera is green

Hi GeorgiaPeach,

Welcome to the forum!

You can try these steps and see if it will make any difference:

• Power cycle
    1. Turn off the phone then remove the back cover and the battery.

2. Reinsert the battery and the back cover then turn on your phone.

• Reset your camera settings
    1. Go to Settings.

2. Swipe to Application settings.

3. Choose Photos+camera.

4. Select Reset camera.

If the issue still persists, you can try to perform the steps provided on this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480. If the steps on the link will not work, I suggest that you
    visit the nearest Nokia repair facility for it to be repaired. See this link: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/ to check the repair facility near your area.

jekiboi20, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 9, 2018
  4. trouble turning on camera

camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

trouble turning on camera

1. trouble turning on camera - Similar Threads - trouble turning camera

2. Camera's Trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera's Trouble: Good evening, I want to ask, my camera can't take pictures at all. The same thing applies when I use the Zoom meeting and Google Meet applications. What should I do to get my laptop camera working again? Sorry I can't display the image because it can't be uploaded. However,...
  3. Camera's Trouble

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera's Trouble: Good evening, I want to ask, my camera can't take pictures at all. The same thing applies when I use the Zoom meeting and Google Meet applications. What should I do to get my laptop camera working again? Sorry I can't display the image because it can't be uploaded. However,...
  4. Camera's Trouble

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Camera Gives trouble

Camera Gives trouble: HiI have a Dell laptop with 4 GB RAM and has Window 11 home, single language, version 22H2 OS 22621.1194 and 64 bit OS, x-64 based processor. It was purchased with Windows 10 OS but later was automatically updated to Windows 11.While meeting on Zoom, the camera starts...
  6. Some trouble with camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some trouble with camera: I have a dell latitude E6400 computer and tried to use the camera for photos and webcam chat but it was giving me a message saying that to check if it is set up properly or something about antivirus software blocking it. It is a built in camera and I have never tried to use...
  7. Some trouble with camera

Some trouble with camera: I have a dell latitude E6400 computer and tried to use the camera for photos and webcam chat but it was giving me a message saying that to check if it is set up properly or something about antivirus software blocking it. It is a built in camera and I have never tried to use...
  8. Camera Troubles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera Troubles: Hi I have spent hours trying to fix the problem with my camera, I am using the IntelR AVStream Camera that is built into my Surface Book 3, google search after google search but nothing is working. The camera will not turn on with Windows Hello to unlock my computer. The...
  9. Camera Trouble

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Trouble: I am having trouble with my camera. It does not appear on my device manager or in settings. However, the camera is a part of my computer and it stopped working for no reason. My computer is a hp paviliom X 360. How do I fix this problem?...
  10. Camera Trouble

Camera Trouble: When trying to turn on my camera the light comes on but the actual camera doesn't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-trouble/954ea99a-1978-4ee6-b682-4aa1ee7bda45