Windows 10: Trouble Uninstalling Program

Discus and support Trouble Uninstalling Program in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have trouble uninstalling a program f.lux, to be more specific. I have deleted it through files, yet its icon still appears in Start here:When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeanne doe, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Trouble Uninstalling Program

I have trouble uninstalling a program f.lux, to be more specific. I have deleted it through files, yet its icon still appears in Start here:When I click on it, the program does not start up.The strange thing is, when I look up tips on how to delete 'stubborn' files and programs, they always say you should check Apps & Features in Settings or the list of Programs and Features in the Control Panel.However, one quick look reveals that f.lux isn't in either of them!f.lux also made its home in the Hidden Icons tab. Clicking it now reveals that it is nowhere to be seen:So is f.lux truly uninst

:)

Jeanne doe, Jun 17, 2021

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 17, 2021
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Trouble Uninstalling Program :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Trouble Uninstalling Program

Trouble uninstalling a program in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that you are unable to uninstall a program in Windows 10. I will be happy to assist you with this.

I suggest you to try uninstalling the program from safe mode.

Follow the steps below to go to safe mode:

To enter Safe Mode in Windows 10:

Restart your PC.

Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.

Click Advanced Repair Options.

Click Troubleshoot.

Click Advanced Options.

Click Windows Startup Settings.

Click Restart.

You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode.

Delete the program by following the steps below:

1. Press "Windows" +
    "R".
    Type "appwiz.cpl" and press Enter.

2. Select the program and click on Uninstall and follow the instruction on the screen.

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Trouble Uninstalling Program

1. Trouble Uninstalling Program - Similar Threads - Trouble Uninstalling Program

2. UNinstall program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNinstall program: Cant uninstall my net bean 8.1 program screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-program/7bbd4db6-b375-4480-943b-c057b0192719
  3. Program Uninstall

Program Uninstall: Hello,I have installed a program, but as I was uninstalling it, it opened the app. Due to this, I used Ashampoo Uninstaller 12 to uninstall it. The app was uninstalled, but in the control panel's "uninstall a program" tab, the app was still showing. Image below :-...
  4. Uninstalling programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling programs: I downloaded an app called Epic Games because I wanted to try game developing through Unreal Engine. Now I have it installed for more than a month and didn't even touch it. I want to delete the app but it won't let me. When trying to delete, it says the program is still...
  5. Uninstalling a program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstalling a program: I downloaded a program on my Windows 10 but windows defender was showing p potential threat after installing. Using quick scan windows defender uninstalled the program. However, it is still running on my computer. Can someone please help me in removing it properly?...
  6. Uninstall the program?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall the program?: Hello, I would like to know how to safely uninstall a program that is not displayed in the control panel and does not have an uninstall.exe file? Should I simply delete the folder? Pogramm deinstallieren?
  7. uninstall program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uninstall program: I accidently installed a program,and now I can't uninstall it.I keep getting these messages:[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-program/1e8a7649-dfd2-486a-b3a5-81c846fd542c"
  8. Program will not uninstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program will not uninstall: I have found the program Carbonite (a cloud backup app) really slows down my computer. Yet when I attempt to uninstall it, nothing happens. I have tried the uninstall in settings as well as control panel. The program is occupying disc space yet I cannot open it. I am...
  9. Uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstall a program: How do I delete an old printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-a-program/290ecc1f-4d57-4907-8150-c5a1c625f4bf
  10. Program uninstaller

Program uninstaller: Looking for recommendations for a good simple program uninstaller for use on windows 10. Many Thanks.*Smile 117438