Windows 10: Trouble updating to latest Windows 10 version

Discus and support Trouble updating to latest Windows 10 version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried to update my MSI laptop to the latest version of Windows 10. It would download, restart and indicates that it is installing the update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GriffenWarries, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Trouble updating to latest Windows 10 version

I have tried to update my MSI laptop to the latest version of Windows 10. It would download, restart and indicates that it is installing the update.

Then the laptop would restart and it would continue to install until 30% completion. It would restart again and then it would hang whilst displaying the MSI logo.

I left it once for a full 24 hours and when I came back it was still just displaying the MSO logo.

I am at my wits end because it eats my my data.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

GriffenWarries, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Al Burc Win User

Unable to update Window 10 Pro version 1607 to version 1709

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1607 to the latest version 1709 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer
    • Ran the DISM.exe
    Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101 - 0x30018
    • 0x900704c7
    Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you

Al Burc, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Al Burc Win User
    Unable to update Windows 10 Pro version 1709 to 1803

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1709 to the latest version 1803 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer

Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101
    • 0x80070643

Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you.

Al Burc, Sep 8, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Trouble updating to latest Windows 10 version

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Trouble updating to latest Windows 10 version capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Trouble updating to latest Windows 10 version

1. Trouble updating to latest Windows 10 version - Similar Threads - Trouble updating latest

2. Unable to update to latest version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update to latest version of Windows 10: I have been unable to update my desktop from version 1903 to the latest version of Windows. I have attempted to update through the on-board Windows update feature, directly though downloads page on microsoft.com as well as using the media creation tool on a USB but after the...
  3. Windows 10 update 1803 to latest version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 1803 to latest version: I was trying to install windows update for my Windows 10 version 1803 and every time it start to install it get freeze on 48% and I have to shut off the computer and restart it to undo the update installation. tried to get the update manually with windows 10 update assistant...
  4. Trouble updating computer to latest version.

Trouble updating computer to latest version.: So apparently my computer is stuck at version 1803 for windows and I cannot update it. I have tried many things but every time I update it gets close to the end and just says "Undoing changes made toy our computer." The last thing I did was run a SFC scan. The result it gave...
  5. Latest Windows 10 version 2004 update

Latest Windows 10 version 2004 update: I recently installed the latest MS Win10 version 2004 update. It seems to be very slow loading, running, even Edge takes nearly 1 full minute to load. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?...
  6. Windows 10 not updating to the latest version.

Windows 10 not updating to the latest version.: Hi, I have tried updating to the latest version. 1903. I have tried many times. I even tried a clean install. I have removed my antivirus software as suggested. The last time it tried to install window update. This line came up = 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 The installation...
  7. Update to the latest version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update to the latest version of Windows 10: So my windows version is 1803 and the latest version is 1909 and when I try to update it installs and tries to update only to revert updates back in the end. What could be the solution to this weird problem? Also when I troubleshoot windows update it displays that there could...
  8. trouble updating new version 10

trouble updating new version 10: I am running a Windows 10 pro on a hp Compaq 8000 elite SFF PC X64-based PC and every time I download the new version on 10 it makes it almost through and then says it can not finish. I have talked to Microsoft support and they said the bios needed to be updated. Talked to...
  9. Trouble in updating to windows 10 1909 version

Trouble in updating to windows 10 1909 version: I downloaded the upgrade of windows 10 1909 when i restarted my laptop it started upgrading but af 27% my laptop got stuck and i turned off my laptop and restarted again it. On restarting it showed that it is removing ll the changes made when i again raeched windows update...
  10. Windows 10 latest Update, Version 1809

Windows 10 latest Update, Version 1809: Hi, since the latest Windows 10 update version 1809, my Internet speed has dropped a good 40%...why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-latest-update-version-1809/22ed0a03-260c-46d8-8261-87b624d1e6cc