Windows 10: Trouble Updating

Discus and support Trouble Updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've got an issue updating Windows 10. I'm currently running Windows 10 Home, Version 1709, Build 16299.1087. Whenever I try to update to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EricN812, Dec 23, 2019.

1. EricN812 Win User

Trouble Updating

Hi, I've got an issue updating Windows 10. I'm currently running Windows 10 Home, Version 1709, Build 16299.1087. Whenever I try to update to the current version, the system will run until it's 55-60% complete, and then I'll get a screen that says "Undoing changes made to your computer ...." That runs for a bit and then the system boots normally, except without the updates installed. No error code, no explanation, nothing. This happens whether I run the auto-update or the manual one. The autoupdate will try again a few times, and then stop showing that my system needs updating--given that, I thought I'd been updated but the version clearly shows I have not been updated in several years.

Thoughts on what the issue might be/how to fix it? It hasn't been a problem or caused me any headaches. But now Adobe is telling me that I cannot update to Lightroom 9.1 without the latest version of Windows.

:)

EricN812, Dec 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Dec 23, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Trouble Updating :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 23, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Trouble Updating

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Trouble Updating

1. Trouble Updating - Similar Threads - Trouble Updating

2. Windows 10 installed and still having trouble getting Windows Update 24-01 Security UPdate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 installed and still having trouble getting Windows Update 24-01 Security UPdate...: I have Windows 10 installed and still having trouble getting Windows Update 24-01 Security UPdate for Windows 10 version 22H2 for x64 based system KB5035512 to load . FAILED INSTALL since January and now on 4/9/2024.HELPDownloaded recent guidelines to "Manually resize your...
  3. Windows 10 installed and still having trouble getting Windows Update 24-01 Security UPdate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 installed and still having trouble getting Windows Update 24-01 Security UPdate...: I have Windows 10 installed and still having trouble getting Windows Update 24-01 Security UPdate for Windows 10 version 22H2 for x64 based system KB5035512 to load . FAILED INSTALL since January and now on 4/9/2024.HELPDownloaded recent guidelines to "Manually resize your...
  4. Windows 10 installed and still having trouble getting Windows Update 24-01 Security UPdate...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hi everyone , i have this trouble to after auto-update windows , any body can plz give the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi everyone , i have this trouble to after auto-update windows , any body can plz give the...: Hi everyone , i have this trouble to after auto-update windows , any body can plz give the solution for this error??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-everyone-i-have-this-trouble-to-after-auto/60b2ad1a-70cc-4a3b-8ce2-87da17c7f25a
  6. Hi everyone , i have this trouble to after auto-update windows , any body can plz give the...

Hi everyone , i have this trouble to after auto-update windows , any body can plz give the...: Hi everyone , i have this trouble to after auto-update windows , any body can plz give the solution for this error??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-everyone-i-have-this-trouble-to-after-auto/60b2ad1a-70cc-4a3b-8ce2-87da17c7f25a
  7. Having trouble with updating Net Framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble with updating Net Framework 3.5: I've been trying to update NET Framework 3.5 for a while now and every time the update finishes it says that it fails and that I have to restart my computer. is there anything I can do to successfully update this?...
  8. Having trouble with updating Net Framework 3.5

Having trouble with updating Net Framework 3.5: I've been trying to update NET Framework 3.5 for a while now and every time the update finishes it says that it fails and that I have to restart my computer. is there anything I can do to successfully update this?...
  9. Having trouble with updating Net Framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Trouble with installing updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with installing updates: when I check for updates on my windows 10 it said error encountered and "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643" and I don't know...