Windows 10: trouble upgrading Windows 10

Discus and support trouble upgrading Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm having trouble upgrading from Windows 10 version 1809 to Windows 10 version 1909. I'm getting this error code Last failed install attempt on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JuanGriego Jr., Apr 15, 2020.

1. trouble upgrading Windows 10

I'm having trouble upgrading from Windows 10 version 1809 to Windows 10 version 1909. I'm getting this error code Last failed install attempt on ‎4/‎5/‎2020 - 0x8007042b. I have an HP notebook. What do I need to correct this, and get the Windows 10 upgrade done?

:)

JuanGriego Jr., Apr 15, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

trouble upgrading Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

trouble upgrading Windows 10

1. trouble upgrading Windows 10 - Similar Threads - trouble upgrading

2. Trouble Upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Upgrading to Windows 11: Hello, I am here because I am desperate. I wanted to upgrade to windows 11 long ago and I figured that around now would be a good time to switch. I go to update windows 11 and it tells me that my PC doesn't meet the current requirements to switch to windows 11. I found that...
  3. Trouble Upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble Upgrading to Windows 11: Hello, I am here because I am desperate. I wanted to upgrade to windows 11 long ago and I figured that around now would be a good time to switch. I go to update windows 11 and it tells me that my PC doesn't meet the current requirements to switch to windows 11. I found that...
  4. Trouble upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble upgrading to windows 11: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11.Earlier today PC health check told me that it wasn't eligible because I didn't have the TPM 2.0 security setting. I have an MSI board, and enabled the bios setting there. I rebooted the machine and ran health check again. PC health Check...
  5. Trouble upgrading to windows 11

Trouble upgrading to windows 11: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11.Earlier today PC health check told me that it wasn't eligible because I didn't have the TPM 2.0 security setting. I have an MSI board, and enabled the bios setting there. I rebooted the machine and ran health check again. PC health Check...
  6. Trouble upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Trouble upgrading nvme m.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble upgrading nvme m.2 SSD: HiI have a Lenovo Yoga 6 13ALC6 AMD Ryzen5 5500Uwith a 256gb nvme m.2 SSD running windows 11 home.I am wanting to swap the 256gb Toshiba SSD for a 1tb Samsung 970 Evo Plus.After initialising the drive in windows disk management I have tried using Samsungs migration tool to...
  8. Trouble upgrading nvme m.2 SSD

Trouble upgrading nvme m.2 SSD: HiI have a Lenovo Yoga 6 13ALC6 AMD Ryzen5 5500Uwith a 256gb nvme m.2 SSD running windows 11 home.I am wanting to swap the 256gb Toshiba SSD for a 1tb Samsung 970 Evo Plus.After initialising the drive in windows disk management I have tried using Samsungs migration tool to...
  9. Trouble upgrading to windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble upgrading to windows 10.: Media creation tool gives error code and the windows updating assistant is not compatible either. Any suggestions please?media creation error code0x80072f8f - 0x20000...
  10. Trouble upgrading to windows 10.

Trouble upgrading to windows 10.: Media creation tool gives error code and the windows updating assistant is not compatible either. Any suggestions please?media creation error code0x80072f8f - 0x20000...