Windows 10: Trouble with 2 monitors?

Discus and support Trouble with 2 monitors? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear connoisseurs, I have a laptop running Windows 10 with an HDMI output. I want 2 monitors connected to this laptop (one works fine). I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wolfson1, Aug 1, 2020.

1. wolfson1 Win User

Trouble with 2 monitors?

Dear connoisseurs, I have a laptop running Windows 10 with an HDMI output. I want 2 monitors connected to this laptop (one works fine).

I have a Y-piece and 2 corresponding HDMI cables. When I plug it all together, my laptop does not recognize neither 2 nor a monitor.

How can I make 2 monitors work on one laptop?

:)

wolfson1, Aug 1, 2020

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 1, 2020
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Trouble with 2 monitors?

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Trouble with 2 monitors?

1. Trouble with 2 monitors? - Similar Threads - Trouble monitors

2. Trouble Matching Laptop Monitor Colours

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble Matching Laptop Monitor Colours: I recently purchased a new Asus laptop with Nvidia graphics, specifically an ROG Zephyrus G15, this one here: https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/asus-rog-zephyrus-g15-156-amd-ryzen-7-4800hs-ga502iu-xs74/6000201632673 I previously owned an older Macbook Pro laptop and the...
  3. Trouble with double monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble with double monitors: Hey, I just got a second monitor to connect up to my laptop. The second monitor is able to duplicate both the monitor works perfectly, but when I try to extend, the sharpness is all messed up and it's sorta blurry. The computer I'm using HP Elitebook 840 G1 has a 1366x768...
  4. Having trouble with getting two external monitors working at same time

Having trouble with getting two external monitors working at same time: I have an hp spectre laptop with i7,16 gb ram and a ssd drive,Ive been using an acer 21 inch external monitor and today i got an hp w2408h monitor.They both worked for about ten minutes then both went away.Now if I have one plugged in it works but if i plug in the other it...
  5. trouble installing 2nd monitor

trouble installing 2nd monitor: I am having trouble installing 2nd monitor. As soon as i connect to computer, all open windows in the main screen are minimized and frozen, so i cant go to dsiplay settings...
  6. Win10 Multi-Monitor Troubles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Multi-Monitor Troubles: ISSUE 1: I have 3 screens -- What I would like is if I shut off two screens and have one on that all the icons, taskbar, remain in place and not move to the only screen that is on. This will allow me to power down two monitors when I am watching movies and save some power....
  7. Second Monitor trouble

Second Monitor trouble: I have 2 main problems that are probably connected. I use a laptop as my pc and connected a second monitor (aka the problem). 1: Every application magnifies on the second monitor, even the minute things become bigger and more compact. For example, in Fl studio, all the...
  8. Monitor Trouble

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Trouble: I have a Dell CRT monitor and a Geforce GT 610 graphics card. The monitor is behaving strangely and I am not sure whether I need to change the graphics card altogether, clean the dust out of the PC tower, or replace the monitor. After I boot the PC, I have to push the power...
  9. Having trouble deciding on a monitor...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Having trouble deciding on a monitor...: Hi everyone. Newfriend here. I'm planning on running a gtx 1080, but what monitor to use is such a huge choice with so many options its mind-blowing. pcpartpicker.com helped quite a bit though, and here's what I'm left with near the $400ish mark....
  10. Trouble Dragging Excel Page Across Dual Monitor Screens

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Trouble Dragging Excel Page Across Dual Monitor Screens: I haven't been able to figure out why my Excel pages resist being dragged across my dual monitor screens without first being minimized. "Drag and Drop" movement across monitor screens works for all my other applications. Anyone has a clue on this? Thanks. 47624