Windows 10: Trouble with a certain app

Discus and support Trouble with a certain app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't find it, but a certain app is opening different sites by itself, whether I've opened my browser or not. My antivirus is blocking those websites... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hey_Rishabh, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Trouble with a certain app

I can't find it, but a certain app is opening different sites by itself, whether I've opened my browser or not. My antivirus is blocking those websites though. I uninstalled the apps that were installed recently, but the problem persist. What can I do?
    Consider me a noob.

P.S : While writing this post, it opened a website.

submitted by /u/Hey_Rishabh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hey_Rishabh, Aug 19, 2020
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Trouble with a certain app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 19, 2020
  4. BrianMBC Win User

Trouble with a certain app

Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Trouble with a certain app

1. Trouble with a certain app - Similar Threads - Trouble certain app

2. Certain apps not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain apps not installing: After Running the installation file nothing is happening like I haven't even opened the file It sometimes even giving error The application could not be started correctly 0xc0000005....
  3. Certain apps not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain apps not installing: After Running the installation file nothing is happening like I haven't even opened the file It sometimes even giving error The application could not be started correctly 0xc0000005....
  4. Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.: I've tried putting it in the recycle bin and it just won't work. I've tried using the delete key. I've tried just normally deleting it and nothing is working. By the way, with windows 11, why aren't my advanced function keys working anymore? I use a laptop....
  5. Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.

Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.: I've tried putting it in the recycle bin and it just won't work. I've tried using the delete key. I've tried just normally deleting it and nothing is working. By the way, with windows 11, why aren't my advanced function keys working anymore? I use a laptop....
  6. Font troubles! Certain characters/ numbers do not display.

in Windows 10 Support
    Font troubles! Certain characters/ numbers do not display.: I've attached an example image with fonts and how they display. $#@:, and others do not display. The same with numbers. Sometimes they are replaced with rectangles. This is from CorelDraw. In open office, so far, all the characters are displayed, but numbers and special...
  7. Certain Apps Will Not Run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain Apps Will Not Run: This problem just recently began, and for some unknown reason this issue only happens with my Chrome and Discord apps, they literally just will not run. It says in my taskbar and task manager that they are running and when I hover over them I can see the screen of what you'd...
  8. Trouble starting apps

Trouble starting apps: I've been having trouble starting apps the last couple of weeks and need some advice on why this is and how to fix it. For example, Thunderbird is almost impossible to get started and no technique works consistently. Sometimes it finally launches if I click the icon a bunch...
  9. Trouble with sound in apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble with sound in apps: Dear people who are smarter than me. Recently my sound has quit and I can't find out why. I have tried some stuff with reinstalling the soundsystem but that didnt do the trick. The weird thing is that the sound in my browser does work, but in-appsounds don't. So if I open...
  10. trouble with Instagram app

trouble with Instagram app: I have had Instagram installed on my laptop windows 10 for over a year. Today it was not working properly. I decided to do a restart, and there was an update. The update caused black screen. Eventually I was able to resolve that. Instagram still would not work. I decided to...