Windows 10: Trouble with auto login

Discus and support Trouble with auto login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; About a week ago Windows now asks me for a password to sign into Windows. It never did before this before as long as I can remember. Under user... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bha19, Dec 8, 2019.

1. bha19 Win User

Trouble with auto login

About a week ago Windows now asks me for a password to sign into Windows. It never did before this before as long as I can remember. Under user accounts the box that says users must enter a password is unchecked and the user is linked to my gmail account. How do I make Windows skip this step again and log on automatically?

:)

bha19, Dec 8, 2019

2. Turn off auto-login?

To stop the automatic log-in, please follow the
    auto-login to windows steps listed here
    , except when you get to the point to automatically login, check the box instead. That'll turn it off.

If you want to remove the extra account, you can also do that using the same steps (just click the "remove" button).

And finally, if you want to go back to Windows 8.1, get the Windows 8.1 install files

here

PS. You cannot ever delete the account with the actual name of "administrator" or you will ruin your computer.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 8, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Trouble with auto login

Auto login and pictures at login

Hi,

Thanks for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Though you have enabled auto login and there is no lock screen, you should still be able to see the user account picture on the Welcome screen and the same picture (set as user account picture) can be set as the login page background.

To set the custom picture as the login screen background, please follow the steps given below.

• Go to Settings->Personalization->Lock screen.
    • Click on the dropdown list under Background and select
      Picture.
    • Click on the Browse button under
      Choose your picture
    • Browse to the location where the picture is saved and select the desired picture.
    • Similarly, to set the same image as the user account picture, open the Settings app.
    • Go to Accounts->Your info->Browse for one.
    • Browse to the location where the image is saved and select it to set it as the user account picture.

Since you’re on the Enterprise edition of Windows 10, we do have a dedicated support forum for Enterprise versions of Windows, Windows servers and systems which are part of any domain or corporate environment. I suggest to post your query in Microsoft
    TechNet forums for further help and information about
    this issue.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Trouble with auto login

1. Trouble with auto login - Similar Threads - Trouble auto login

2. Login troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login troubles: So my PC restarted and it said my pin was deleted for some reason and it wouldn't give me a option too get a new one nor use a password now I'm stuck on the lock screen so how I get back in?...
  3. Login troubles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login troubles: So my PC restarted and it said my pin was deleted for some reason and it wouldn't give me a option too get a new one nor use a password now I'm stuck on the lock screen so how I get back in?...
  4. Auto login

Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  5. Login Troubles

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Troubles: I just updated, and when I turn on my computer it asks for my microsoft login. I enter my password and it loads, it asks me to set up a pin which is always unsuccessful, then the screen goes black for a second and I end up back on the main screen, and it just goes in circles...
  6. Login Troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Troubles: I just updated, and when I turn on my computer it asks for my microsoft login. I enter my password and it loads, it asks me to set up a pin which is always unsuccessful, then the screen goes black for a second and I end up back on the main screen, and it just goes in circles...
  7. Login Troubles

8. Auto Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Auto Login: As an administrator I have a password. My children's account don't. When they use the computer last and correctly shut down, on restart their account automatically restarts. So I have to wait for it to restart then log off then select myself and enter my password. How do...
  9. Trouble login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble login: Dear Sir/Madam I am unable to login in to my laptop.I'm entering the right password still it shows password is incorrect. And I try forgot password option also it is also not working.[IMG]Please help me through this...
  10. Trouble with auto login

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble with auto login: About a week ago Windows now asks me for a password to sign into Windows. It never did before this before as long as I can remember. Under user accounts the box that says users must enter a password is unchecked and the user is linked to my gmail account. How do I make...