Windows 10: trouble with bluetooth pairing and bluetooth troubleshooter

Discus and support trouble with bluetooth pairing and bluetooth troubleshooter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought Lenova IdeaPad S340. it has windows 10 version 1903. I am having problems with Bluetooth. it is not pairing with my Bluetooth device.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by patsizemore, Jul 28, 2019.

1. trouble with bluetooth pairing and bluetooth troubleshooter

I just bought Lenova IdeaPad S340. it has windows 10 version 1903. I am having problems with Bluetooth. it is not pairing with my Bluetooth device. I can hear it connect by the sound but the sound only comes out of computer and not my Bluetooth device. When I go to troubleshoot Bluetooth it does nothing. I click on it but it will not do anything. Can anyone help me?

:)

patsizemore, Jul 28, 2019
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Bluetooth does not Recognize/Pair/See Bluetooth Hardware

System Information: Asus Notebook UX303L, Windows 10, Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition

Okay, I've been working on this for awhile and have tried a million things. I'm going back to square one so pretend I haven't tried anything yet.

Here is the problem.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 (from windows 8.1) on a 2 month old laptop. On previous version there were NO problems with bluetooth. The problems started immediately after upgrade.

When the upgrade finished Windows 10 remembered all of my previous Bluetooth pairs. My bluetooth mouse (Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition) worked before the installation but after my system reboot the cursor no longer showed movement. The batteries are new. The mouse is acting exactly like it does when it is properly connected (lights flash, makes scrolling sounds, etc). When I checked the Bluetooth device screen it still showed as paired. I rebooted. No change. So I unpaired the device. When I unpaired the device it flashed for a second as a possible device to pair with and then was no longer on the list. Other possible devices to pair with appear and disappear from the list without cause. (Ex. sees a scanner for a few seconds then no longer has a scanner. Sometimes its up for a few minutes at most but the list is constantly flickering.) So I rebooted. Then it did not see the mouse at all. I did this for several days. Sometimes when I would turn on my laptop it would flicker, sometimes it would not. After about 3 days with no explanation it suddenly showed up and did not flicker. I connected the mouse and it worked for about 2 days. On the 3rd day I tried again, and the cursor would no longer respond even though the mouse was acting exactly the same. I rebooted. No change. I unpaired the device and it never showed up on the list. It's flickered a few times but when I click on it to pair it pops up with an error basically saying "cannot pair. Please check and see if the device is still set to connect to bluetooth." That is only on the rare occasion that it actually shows up on the list long enough to hit pair (maybe 2 times out of 50 attempts or more.)

I've tried everything I can think of, but I'd like to try everything in order that someone else would try to see if I'm missing something.

It is a Microsoft mouse by all means it should work on Microsoft drivers. :/ Arg. Please give any suggestions to help.

tashaestein1, Jul 28, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

trouble with bluetooth pairing and bluetooth troubleshooter

NFC Forum and Bluetooth SIG Publish Developers Guide to Use NFC for Bluetooth Pairing

The NFC Forum, a non-profit industry association that advances the use of Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, and the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), the trade association responsible for the development, promotion and protection of the Bluetooth specification, today announced the publication of Bluetooth Secure Simple Pairing Using NFC. The new document provides developers with examples of how to implement Bluetooth Secure Simple Pairing (SSP) using NFC to take maximum advantage of both technologies when they are present in the same device. The publication is available for free download.

Bluetooth Secure Simple Pairing Using NFC describes the interaction of Bluetooth technology and NFC during SSP in detail and provides examples of both negotiated and static handover in the most feasible use cases involving both technologies. Developers will find the examples useful guides for their own work, including:
    • Pairing devices with little or no user interface (such as headsets and pedometers) to smartphones
    • Pairing devices with extensive user interfaces (such as cars) to smartphones
    • Pairing devices such as TVs and smartphones to share photos or to use the phone as a remote control
    "Since its founding, the NFC Forum has worked hard to advance the market for NFC solutions – first by creating 16 technical specifications, and now, through collaboration with groups such as the Bluetooth SIG, to guide the development of solutions that build upon those specifications," said Koichi Tagawa, chairman of the NFC Forum. "Working with the globally recognized and embedded Bluetooth standard makes perfect sense for NFC. It reaffirms our commitment to broadening the commercialization of NFC solutions and providing new benefits to consumers."

"With over four billion Bluetooth technology enabled devices in market today and nearly two billion coming online in 2011 alone, Bluetooth technology has massive scale, support and runway for aggressive growth, and we're excited to help developers leverage NFC in the right scenarios," said Michael Foley, Ph.D., executive director, Bluetooth SIG. "The beauty of this collaboration is that the SIG, working with the NFC Forum, provides developers with even more design options for connecting Bluetooth devices. For those scenarios that make sense, and where both technologies are available, designing with Bluetooth Secure Simple Pairing using NFC should further empower developers to create great consumer experiences."

NFC Forum Application Documents are informative technical documents designed to promote NFC solutions in vertical markets and to foster best practices, by describing proposed solutions based on NFC Forum specifications.

The developers guide document can be accessed here (PDF).

btarunr, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

trouble with bluetooth pairing and bluetooth troubleshooter

1. trouble with bluetooth pairing and bluetooth troubleshooter - Similar Threads - trouble bluetooth pairing

2. Bluetooth pairing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth pairing: I cannot pair my phone in my Acer Predator laptop, the headset works fine when pairing with my phone I think the problem lies with my Acer predator, I just update it yesterday to windows 11 when i check the driver there is an errro code 45...
  3. Bluetooth pairing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth pairing: Since yesterdays update I can pair my Jabra headset, it works flawlessly with my Iphone but it disconnect with my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-pairing/a04f165d-f389-4feb-93cb-c42d232665da
  4. Bluetooth Pairing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Pairing: My Bluetooth keeps disconnecting , I am using Dell G3 3579, what to do? I am getting errors with the update lately. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-pairing/5ffc2df5-b2ec-400e-bd81-1c7edcf10954
  5. Troubleshooting: bluetooth device paired but cannot connect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Troubleshooting: bluetooth device paired but cannot connect: Hi everyone, like the title says, I can pair Bluetooth devices (speakers, earbuds, phones) to my computer but can never connect them. I've tried everything I've seen on the first few pages of google search but the problem persists. The devices are close in range, compatible,...
  6. Trouble pairing bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble pairing bluetooth device: I have a bluetooth device (JBLFlip5) which I have been pairing to my PC. All of a sudden, it stopped pairing. The Bluetooth app on the computer doesn't even recognise it. Attached is the Bluetooth view in my Device Manager. I'd like to check out my Bluetooth drivers - but...
  7. Trouble pairing bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble pairing bluetooth device: I have a bluetooth device (JBLFlip5) which I have been pairing to my PC. All of a sudden, it stopped pairing. The Bluetooth app on the computer doesn't even recognise it. Attached is the Bluetooth view in my Device Manager. I'd like to check out my Bluetooth drivers - but...
  8. Bluetooth pairing

Bluetooth pairing: I can't my android device to laptop via Bluetooth. It shows couldn't pair with laptop because of incorrect pass key on my android phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-pairing/cebb0234-9e85-46a4-bd8f-9f069d537b4d
  9. Bluetooth pairing?

Bluetooth pairing?: My otherwise perfectly working WIN 10 PC refuses to connect a wireless game controller via bluetooth. I have tested six months several bluetooth dongles (CLS 2x, Avantree) und five controllers (MS 3x, Razer, Scuff). Only once out of many tries (> 100) a controller was...
  10. pair bluetooth

pair bluetooth: I can't connect my bluetooth devices, I don't know what's happening, that was fine and now it doesn't connect anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pair-bluetooth/949d9982-0824-4028-9706-b1fdd747bb45