Windows 10: Trouble with Direct Input for games on PC

Discus and support Trouble with Direct Input for games on PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently re-installed Halo Custom Edition on a new PC with Windows 10 Professional, and I cannot get the game to play if I install it outside of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bio Goji 1989, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Trouble with Direct Input for games on PC

I recently re-installed Halo Custom Edition on a new PC with Windows 10 Professional, and I cannot get the game to play if I install it outside of the C Drive, as I receive an error regarding Direct Input, which I assume to be related to Direct X. However, the game's Field of View is terrible and every attempt I make at installing 3rd party software to help me adjust the view fails because of protections for the C Drive. I cannot figure out how to make the game play in windowed mode either. If I can at least figure out how to get windowed mode working, then perhaps I can at least have a decent presentation. Any tips for how I can at least get windowed mode to work would be much appreciated.

:)

Bio Goji 1989, Jul 2, 2019

2. pc gaming HELLO

Hi Robert,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• Sign out your account from the game.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking this
      link
    • Sign in your account and check it.

If the steps above do not work, we recommend getting in touch with the game developer to get the missing item you’ve purchased. Click this
    link to contact the game developer.

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    My Tablet PC Input Service is missing/gone and others!

Hi Artistic Noose,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type:
      winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    2. Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to the issue?
    3. What is the make and model of the Tablet PC?

This issue can be fixed by enabling the service or starting it from the services. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Start the service.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Services.msc and it enter.
    3. Search for Tablet PC Input Service.
      (There are two other services responsible for Tablet input to function correctly.
      SL UI Notification Service and Software Licensing.)
    4. Double click on the service and select
      Automatic in drop down StartUp type.
    5. Click on Start or Restart option to start the service.

Method 2: Enable the service.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type msconfig and it enter.
    3. In the System Configuration window,go to
      Servicestab and search for
      Tablet PC Input Service.
    4. Check the option, Tablet PC Input Service
      to enable it.
    5. Click on Restart and check if the issue is fixed.

I would also suggest you to follow the steps
    provided by AnthonyJose on 2 December 2016.
    If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Trouble with Direct Input for games on PC

Tablet Input Panel not anywhere to be found

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Tablet PC Input Panel by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type
      Tablet PC Input Panel, and then, in the list of results, tap
      Tablet PC Input Panel

• Tap Tools, and then tap Exit.
    If you don't see the Exit option, do the following:

• Click Tools, and then tap
      Options

• In the Options dialog box, tap the
      Opening tab, clear the For tablet pen input,
      show the icon next to the text box
      and Use the Input Panel tab check boxes, and then tap
      OK.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you

JuzarAli1709, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Trouble with Direct Input for games on PC

1. Trouble with Direct Input for games on PC - Similar Threads - Trouble Direct Input

2. Trouble connecting to online servers on PC games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble connecting to online servers on PC games: Hello, I’ve been trying to play Battlefield 1 on my laptop via a wireless connection but I can never connect to the game‘s online servers. The same is true for other games on my system. I have no trouble connecting to the internet; only the game’s servers. There are two...
  3. Trouble connecting to online servers on PC games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble connecting to online servers on PC games: Hello, I’ve been trying to play Battlefield 1 on my laptop via a wireless connection but I can never connect to the game‘s online servers. The same is true for other games on my system. I have no trouble connecting to the internet; only the game’s servers. There are two...
  4. Games crash directly to desktop.

Games crash directly to desktop.: Hi! I have a problem that is stopping me from playing almost any game. I think this problem has been present since i bought the laptop but i thought that the game was not compatible with my laptop. I have sent the laptop to a service but it came back with the same problem....
  5. Audio Input Trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Input Trouble: I'm having trouble with getting my windows pc to recognize any audio input from my headset. The computer itself doesn't have any proper auxiliary audio jacks for my headset. But I regularly use an xbox one controller for gaming, so I connect my headset through the...
  6. Direct show trouble

Direct show trouble: Running Win10 ver 1909 build 18363.959. Recently direct show fails when selected in Subtitle Edit. VLC and MPC-HC display fine. I am assuming quartz.dll is damaged. sfc /scannow did some repairs but the log file has no mention of quartz. This computer was searched for...
  7. Gaming troubles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gaming troubles: OK I had Windows 7 installed on my computer and when I would play a game WoW the graphic would freeze and would restart my computer. So I ran the sfc/scannow and the checkHealth and nothing came up, said the computer was fine. So I switched graphic cards and the same...
  8. Trouble playing games and trouble scrolling.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble playing games and trouble scrolling.: Since the long lengthy update of Microsoft, I have had trouble playing games on different sites (hesitates when making moves) and also scrolling when reading articles. How can this be corrected???...
  9. Trouble installing old game to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble installing old game to new PC: I know it can be tricky to install a very old game to a new PC, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but I'm hoping to install a game that I used to play when I was young and I know my niece will enjoy playing it too, its a game called Hidden Pictures Workshop, I...
  10. Trouble installing old game to new PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble installing old game to new PC: I know it can be tricky to install a very old game to a new PC, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but I'm hoping to install a game that I used to play when I was young and I know my niece will enjoy playing it too, its a game called Hidden Pictures Workshop, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to check direct input version on pc

2. direct input for pc games