Windows 10: Trouble with display issues after windows update 20H2

Discus and support Trouble with display issues after windows update 20H2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop and have been having critical issues with the video card I think. This all started sometime in the past couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SarahB007_300, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Trouble with display issues after windows update 20H2

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop and have been having critical issues with the video card I think. This all started sometime in the past couple of weeks after running several windows updates perhaps the Windows Feature Update for 20H2?

Problem:

It will run for around 10 minutes before the screen flickers and shifts, then it either starts to display really weird color splotches over the display followed by a black screen, or goes directly to black screen. During this process, it freezes.

Sometimes I have gotten Windows internal builder errors instead green screen, but they usually freeze before restarting the computer.

My uncle tried reloading the video card driver on the computer, but that didn't help the issue.

I do not generally have problems with my computers and I'm at a loss for how to fix this issue.

Advice is appreciated!

:)

SarahB007_300, Jul 24, 2020

2. Trouble with display issues after windows update 20H2

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop and have been having critical issues with the video card (I think). This all started sometime in the past couple of weeks after running several windows updates (perhaps the Windows Feature Update for 20H2)?

Problem:

It will run for around 10 minutes before the screen flickers and shifts, then it either starts to display really weird color splotches over the display followed by a black screen, or goes directly to black screen. During this process, it freezes.

Sometimes I have gotten Windows internal builder errors instead (green screen), but they usually freeze before restarting the computer.

My uncle tried reloading the video card driver on the computer, but that didn't help the issue.

I do not generally have problems with my computers and I'm at a loss for how to fix this issue.

Advice is appreciated!

SarahB007_300, Jul 26, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Trouble with display issues after windows update 20H2

Trouble in the LCD screen brightness after Windows 10 update

Hi,

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Step 2:

Now re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Get the best display on your monitor

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Applies to Windows 10.

Do let us know if you are able to change screen brightness. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Trouble with display issues after windows update 20H2

1. Trouble with display issues after windows update 20H2 - Similar Threads - Trouble display issues

2. Font and display changed after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Font and display changed after 20H2 update: After updating to 20H2 the fonts and how the display is not as crisp as it was before. Did this update change the settings? How do I get my display to look as it once did or is it possible? I have also noticed that when in the display settings then going to advanced options...
  3. Issue with VPN after 20H2 Update

Issue with VPN after 20H2 Update: Hey,I have a very complex issue. After upgrading a particular HP model Elitebook G3 from 1909 to 20H2 the VPN Fortinet will no longer connect and appears to fail on the user certificate handshake.Now this issue does not appear on later HP models Elitebook G4 after applying...
  4. Trouble installing 20H2 feature update

Trouble installing 20H2 feature update: I have attempted to install this update on a number of occasions but it fails with the following error code 0x800700a1. I used the update troubleshooter which made a number of changes to my laptop but now it says "my device is missing important security & quality fixes".I...
  5. Major Issue after Updating to 20H2

Major Issue after Updating to 20H2: I updated my PC by clicking on the pop-up that said restart now to update. Ever since then my Windows has not worked properly. The taskbar is unresponsive, and I cannot open any shortcuts on my desktop. I cannot open settings. I do not have any sound coming from either my...
  6. GPU issues after update to 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU issues after update to 20H2: I have an older PC, Dell Inspiron 531, with MSI GeForceGT710 installed in it, other upgrades include Toshiba SSD, 8gb Ram, upgradedPSU old one failed after 12yrs. The Toshiba SSD is partitioned in 2, for dualboot Win7/Win10. Up until recently everything was working fine, last...
  7. Trouble updating windows 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble updating windows 20H2: Hello everyone, my grandma accidentally turned off her computer while it was doing the 20H2 update. After trying to relaunch the update, it keeps getting stuck at 100% in de downloading phase and does not move towards the installation phase. When looking at the update history...
  8. Trouble upgrading 20H2 with windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble upgrading 20H2 with windows update: I'm running 10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630) x64. Windows update tries to install KB4592438 2020-12 Cumulative update. Each time I run the windows upgrade, it fails saying some files are missing or have problems. Here is what I have tried: sfc /scannow, various flavors of...
  9. Trouble upgrading 20H2 with windows update

Trouble upgrading 20H2 with windows update: I'm running 10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630) x64. Windows update tries to install KB4592438 2020-12 Cumulative update. Each time I run the windows upgrade, it fails saying some files are missing or have problems. Here is what I have tried: sfc /scannow, various flavors of...
  10. windows 20h2 update issue

windows 20h2 update issue: windows is trying to install update 20h2 , but that update has already been installed how do i stop windows from continuing to try to update ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-20h2-update-issue/49a10cb9-5aad-4892-8841-16eb56639b80